Flight of Fancy (OOC/Interest Thread--OPEN!)

Started by Aisha deCabre, January 06, 2012, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel Dragonkitty

And cookies.  :mowcookie  We're far less likely to kill people if our blood sugar isn't low.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Well, i sent Boog the Char sheet. So here's some cookies for ya Mel! *Hands over a full box of Double chocolate chip Cookies* Remember to share... ;) (Edit: Forgot to copy paste the char sheet somewhere i could reference it later, so would appreciate it if it could be posted or pm'd back as well) Edit, edit: Also just realised i didn't exactly put a description of him in it... x.x; )edit again: Sent Boog a Pm with a link to a better character cheet if hasn't already probably needs to share it with other GMs. )
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

OK, just finished reading through the entire RP that has happened so far so I'll know whats going on and such. Also know who and who not to mess with. Just hope i get the permission to join in. :) If need be i can get my char sheet to another GM to Hasten the process.

Aisha deCabre

Kudos for reading through :) usually most of us just like to skim or join in and get the gritty details as they go.  And don't worry, Boog will send Mel and I the char sheets if there needs to be any agreement on anything.

Also, I hope I don't steal any of the Mods' thunder here, but you don't have to double-post. :3 You can just mark any changes to your previous post with an "Edit" before it and we'll be able to catch it, as we check the OOC fairly often.  Or at least I do. :B
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on June 13, 2013, 11:40:10 PM
Also, I hope I don't steal any of the Mods' thunder here, but you don't have to double-post. :3 You can just mark any changes to your previous post with an "Edit" before it and we'll be able to catch it, as we check the OOC fairly often.  Or at least I do. :B

It's just common sense, really.  If you're changing things within the same day or so, an "EDIT:" is usually the most sensible approach.  On the other hand, if the OOC thread has been idle for weeks or months, posting a new message is far better, even if you were the last poster.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Thanks and it's actually quite the story so Far.  :) Either way, Sorry about the double posting. ^.^;

Boog

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Thank you, here's the Char sheet.

Name: Kirrin Shadowclaw
Species: Tiger (Incubus)
Height: 6ft. 4in.
Weight: 241Lbs
Outward Appearance
Fur/Skin/Scale Color: White with black stripes,
Hair Color: Grey, hair is mid length.
Eye Color:Green
Clothing: almost always wears a brown leather vest and a pair of dark brown khaki slacks with a black leather belt. (subject to change depending on mood and necessity )
Accessories: a box of matches and an old metal Cigar box that holds up to five cigars
Weaponry: two pairs of brass knuckles, throwing needles hidden in his Cigar case a few throwing knives hidden in the cuffs of his slacks. Also carries a broadsword and Kukri. Lastly he carries a bit of flash paper on him, not much in the way of a weapon but it can provide a blinding surprise and lay work for a follow up of a nasty suprise.
Special Abilities: Among his natural cubi abilities he does wield several magics of thief design and a natural ability to pickpocket with his wings. Has command over a range of elemental magics but prefers fire or energy magics at times.
Outstanding Features: The fact that he has a pair of bat like wings sticking out of his back and a smaller set coming out of the top of his head (unless they are hidden) .
Personality & Background
Personality: He can be a nice enough guy when he wants, not often though. likes to provoke folks just so he can knock them about and beat them senseless or even kill them but if you manage to make him a friend, consider yourself lucky because he is fiercely loyal. Though a lot of folks consider him a smart ass.
Background: Grew up as part of Tauns tribe, liveing for merely battles and fun, though he is a more obscure member of the clan. Has gone out and gotten into thievery and a bit of murder. though he isn't stupid enough to draw to much attention to himself with adventurers or other potential enemies. Mainly he has kept himself out of the main stay for anyone to notice him his love life is so far non existent., tried once but ended up having to break it off with the girl because she was quite clingy other than that, he can be found at the local bars when he isn't planning a good round of thefts. Recently snagged a ticket aboard a luxury cruise dirigible, having pulled it right from the unsuspecting fellows front pocket. if anything he figures it'll be a good chance to amass his riches more.
Likes: fun, smoking his cigars, a little drinking, stealing and fighting, playing a good game of darts, cards or pool and reading novels based on his own race cause a lot make him laugh
Dislikes: being too calm and adventurers. He strongly dislikes the fact that he seems weak, his body not being impenetrable like he would prefer since most common weapons have a good enough effect on him if he doesn't manage to dodge them. Not to mention he hates being cold and is used to warmer weather Ice magic really bothers him none the less and will slow him down if not stop him entirely.
Occupation: none, depends on thievery and fights for money/food
Additional Info: His build is slightly muscular in an athletic way. He spends his free time hanging out with anyone who'll tolerate him, his usual hang outs being bars where he plays pool or darts, hoping for a fight to break out. Loves to read novels about the cubi race.

Well, there it is folks, hope it isn't full of grammatical errors. Grammar never was a strong subject for me.

Tapewolf

Should I assume that Jakob was able to send his message okay?

Boog

I'll try to gmpost sometime tonight, sorry for the delay.

Tapewolf

James StarRunner

Seriously thinking of throwing James in the mix. If I can't voice act on the bus, I can at least do some RPing!

Boog

We would be honored to have you! Gimme your character sheet and ten bucks.  :mowsmile

James StarRunner

Kay! *wires over an IOU*

Edit with approved character sheet:

Name
James StarRunner

Race
Angel

Species
Squirrel

History
James was raised at an orphanage. It was sadly the norm at the time for his nation. A group of angels had turned the nation upside down, literally overnight. Millions were lost, but there was an alarming number of child survivors. Orphanages around the nation were filled to over capacity, even other buildings were converted to be makeshift orphanages. James was dropped off the night of the attack.

Being an angel, James was ostracized and hated by society. Grace, his caretaker and owner of the orphanage endured a lot for him. She was mugged, defended James' rights multiple times in court, had funding taken away, and finally removed from the orphanage. James was kicked out in his early teens. He had little to no rights and couldn't get a job. He was forced to live on the streets and steal for his daily bread.

When he decided to flee the polar island nation, he stowed away on a ship. Unfortunately, it was a pirate ship and they near drowned James by tying him to an anchor and tossing him overboard. He now has hydrophobia and a white strip on his tail where the trauma caused a loss in pigmentation.

When he got to the mainland, he still found it tough to make an honest living. He saw a group of street urchins who were shunned because they were different, like him. He helped feed and protect them. When the local thieves guild saw them as competition, James somehow managed to best them. This did not go unnoticed. There was a grey paladin (by the name of Brandon) who created a special order of mercenaries who's charge was to only take real criminals and take down evil. The paladin noticed James and took him off the street, offering help and protection to the urchins James was with.

There were many skill sets to be learned in the order and James was invited to learn from any he chose. Paladin Sheppard was a friend to the order and James had even trained with him for a time. He became a jack of all trades, learning things here and there. He was really good at finding people and became a bounty hunter.

Now James has had many adventures and experiences. He had partnered up with Aisha on occasion and has a good friendship with her.

But now something was wrong... When fighting a demon lord, James' party couldn't get the upper hand. James tried to feign an opening to incite an attack from the demon in hopes to take his arm. He got the arm... right through his body. James took the arm clean off before he passed out and the party was able to take the demon lord down after. The scars had healed and vanished completely since, but a taint remained. It was unnoticed for awhile, but it started to manifest as a black spot. The dark spot began to grow, the dark energies slowly and painfully engulfing James. Now James wears a long-sleeve shirt to hide it, but he's having great difficulties using his right arm.

Possessions
-Shep'Pard Gladius
Now unable to use his signature broad sword, James has had to pack a lighter punch. Though still deadly, James has to use the gladius in his left hand... His non-dominant hand. The blade was crafted by Clan Shep'Pard, inscribed with runes, and given to him by Paladin Sheppard upon graduation.
-Handheld Repeating Crossbow
Unable to use his greatbow now, James had to resort to another means of long range attack. The small crossbow can fire multiple rounds without having to be manually reloaded. It doesn't have the stopping power his greatbow had, but it's handy in a pinch.
-Armoured Vest v2.0 as seen in http://www.furaffinity.net/view/278329/ (but different gloves)
Sewn inside his vests are mithril chain. The original was ripped apart and a new vest was made. This one is a jacket and covering a bit more. It's also more stylish since James has improved his sewing techniques. There's also hidden flaps for his wings to come out.
-Glove Patches v2.0
Half of his first set was lost at sea (which is why he had one glove for awhile) and the second half was burned up. Now with two new fingertip-less gloves, he wears them to hide his angel wings. They don't suppress his angel powers like the first set (though he still has a ways to go to learning what he's capable of). He also had a trigger installed and with a press and a trigger word, he can make his wings appear and disappear.
-Bracers of the Holy Word
Once owned by the paladin who took James in from off the streets, he wouldn't be needing them anymore. The golden bracers with embedded emeralds help defend against dark magic and are especially essential in now slowing the taint. They now have their work cut out for them and can't do much now in dampening a new dark attack.
-Bomb Pouch
Hardly leaving his side are his acorn grenades, incendiary death in an innocent package. Included in his pouch two kinds of smoke bombs. One with a bit of flash, a mixture used by ninjas who seem to impossibly disappear after. The other is a lasting dense smoke so he can fight his enemies without being seen.
-Grace's Backpack of Holding
Perhaps not the best thing for a hoarder to have. James has countless random junk items inside which he's collected over the years. Particularly useful items inside however include: Disguise kits, finished high realistic fur suits, old weapons (not the best quality, but able to arm several people), portable alchemy kit (and ingredients), cooking gear (and ingredients), a heavy duty sewing machine, and resource books on a variety of subjects.

Tapewolf

Should I/we assume that James and Jakob have met in this canon?

James StarRunner

Hmm... It is a different canon, isn't it? Well, my last day of the term is tomorrow and I can't sleep, let's discuss ideas.

Aisha deCabre

Hold up; about Aisha's tail ring.  I might have missed something.  Isn't the magic suppressor only working around a set area of the ship? :/
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on June 20, 2013, 12:19:26 PM
Hold up; about Aisha's tail ring.  I might have missed something.  Isn't the magic suppressor only working around a set area of the ship? :/

I thought it had been established that it had a residual effect on people who left the ship, but I'd have to go back and check.  And I'm not sure it's been established if it would have the same effect on enchanted artifacts.

EDIT:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,8786.msg370325.html#msg370325

Here we are.  Mel said that it took about an hour for the effects to wear off completely and you have to be more than half a mile away first.
IMHO magic starting to improve slowly at that distance would fall within that envelope.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 20, 2013, 12:24:46 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on June 20, 2013, 12:19:26 PM
Hold up; about Aisha's tail ring.  I might have missed something.  Isn't the magic suppressor only working around a set area of the ship? :/

I thought it had been established that it had a residual effect on people who left the ship, but I'd have to go back and check.  And I'm not sure it's been established if it would have the same effect on enchanted artifacts.

It does; but I don't remember it being established that there were any lingering aftereffects.  But then again, maybe I'm being forgetful again. :B  It's something I think Corgatha can confirm, if not Boog.  In any case, I'll go with it for now.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on June 20, 2013, 12:30:27 PM
It does; but I don't remember it being established that there were any lingering aftereffects.  But then again, maybe I'm being forgetful again. :B  It's something I think Corgatha can confirm, if not Boog.  In any case, I'll go with it for now.

I dunno if you saw my edit, but I found it - apparently it takes an hour for the effect to diminish completely according to one of Mel's posts.  That still gives us some wiggle room for things to slowly start working again.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 20, 2013, 12:33:29 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on June 20, 2013, 12:30:27 PM

I dunno if you saw my edit, but I found it - apparently it takes an hour for the effect to diminish completely according to one of Mel's posts.  That still gives us some wiggle room for things to slowly start working again.

Ah, sounds good then XD Thanks for finding that.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

IIRC Aisha was heading towards the messaging centre when she had her encounter with James.  Were they close enough for Jakob to have heard the commotion? 

Also, is it safe to assume that his message will be sent yet?

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Yeah, if it's not to much to ask, i think i'm gonna need  a gm post to allow me to move foreward myself. Though if necessary i can wait longer

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 24, 2013, 11:00:22 AM
IIRC Aisha was heading towards the messaging centre when she had her encounter with James.  Were they close enough for Jakob to have heard the commotion?  

Also, is it safe to assume that his message will be sent yet?

Heh, it's quite nice of you to ask before thinking of inserting yourself into a planned meeting. x3 Joking aside though, that's probably Boog's call...though, time can be weird to discern in an RP.  Aisha came out and passed Kirrin's character on the way, and I assume that Jakob and co. got off the ship quite a bit before that.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on June 25, 2013, 12:08:42 AM
Heh, it's quite nice of you to ask before thinking of inserting yourself into a planned meeting.

On the other hand, beheading someone in the street is liable to raise something of a hue and cry, even if it turns out they are only fursuiting...

Quotex3 Joking aside though, that's probably Boog's call...though, time can be weird to discern in an RP.  Aisha came out and passed Kirrin's character on the way, and I assume that Jakob and co. got off the ship quite a bit before that.

Yeah.  No offence to Boog but it would be nice to have Jakob moving again while the RP has some inertia since it does tend to move in fits and starts :3

Boog

Sorry about that, my schedule is a little hectic. I'm gonna try to pick up the pace. But yeah feel free to assume the message has gone through,  after some hassle with inefficient bureaucracy.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on June 25, 2013, 12:08:42 AM
Heh, it's quite nice of you to ask before thinking of inserting yourself into a planned meeting. x3

Anyway, I've left it in your and James' hands - if Aisha's course is towards the messaging centre Jakob is liable to pass them on his way back.  If you want to pull him in you can, otherwise, if things are completely calm by the time he walks past, he may or may not notice (or care).

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Heh, but if they head there together and James is still in his suit. (After properly hiding the fact that the head has been cut. They could appear to be lovers of some kind. :hug  :P  

James StarRunner

If he hasn't heard the shriek when his head came off, he may not hear anything at the moment. But as he gets closer, one or more of us may hear a familiar voice.

Heh... I was thinking of the lovers thing too if he walked in now. XD

James StarRunner

I assume Aisha and James are almost on top of Jakob right now.