12/02/2011 [PF #194] Rodeo Roping Ren

Started by ChaosMageX, December 02, 2011, 04:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Now if only Jakob could lasso a better internet connection for Ren, or at least use it replace the bits of string that hold his connection together. :P

Seriously, the massive amount of down-time Ren's internet connection is starting to get more and more frequent.  

Does his ISP ever even give him a valid reason for the down time, or any reason at all?

Probably not.  In fact, I'd be surprised if it even has technical support of any kind. :rolleyes

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on December 02, 2011, 04:24:54 AM
Does his ISP ever even give him a valid reason for the down time, or any reason at all?

Sometimes.  Whether it's true or not is another matter.  He uses them because they're cheap, basically...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

A silly question perhaps but, wouldn't it be possible to send the comic using a mobile phone? I mean, my partner sends emails to me via his smartphone.

It might be an alternative when Ren's ISP is down.

Then again, I might be miles off as I have no experience in the matter.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on December 02, 2011, 05:40:40 AM
A silly question perhaps but, wouldn't it be possible to send the comic using a mobile phone? I mean, my partner sends emails to me via his smartphone.

It would be possible if Ren had a phone which could do it, and a plan that allowed it.  AFAIK SMS is the most complex task it can perform.  He doesn't have a data service, and while we could in principle do some kind of weird thing where we modulated the comic as audio and sent it over the voice channel, his plan won't let him dial out of the country, nor allow me to call him.

What I have been mulling over is sending him a 3G Kindle.  It wouldn't help him send the comic, but it would give him an emergency channel to let people know what's happening.  The biggest problem is that it probably wouldn't arrive - nice things tend to disappear if you post them to Russia.

Gabi

O_O Now I feel even more glad that my great-grandparents moved to Argentina.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

justacritic

I have the weirdness feeling that I should make a Russian joke but I won't cause I'm too exhausted to do so.

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 02, 2011, 05:52:38 AM
- nice things tend to disappear if you post them to Russia.

Road trip to Russia anyone? I got Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase on speed dial.

joshofspam

Internets a nice service.

But I gather in some places it's rather hard to keep up.

I just hope he's doing okay.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

I now have the line-art for the next page.  I'll see what I can do, but in a twist of fate I had penned in this Friday and weekend to try and mix my album.  If we're late this weekend it will be my fault for a change, not Ren's...