Blockbuster (OOC) Currently Open

Started by justacritic, November 13, 2011, 09:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justacritic

I've wanted to start a RP on my own and looking at  
the various amounts of "serious" role plays I  
wanted to start up something a little light hearted.  
So set in the world of DMFA,
Balorie, a certain dragoness has been struck with  
the idea to produce a film in the budding industry  
of movies. Everything was nearly accounted for,  
except for the ACTORS. Balorie didn't let this stop  
her, and so she threw out the positions out to  
anyone who would take the job. Now is the chance  
for YOU to gain fame and fortune. Navigate the  
twisting storyline crafted by Balorie and undercut each other for screen time. In the end will your efforts lead to a classic? or a bomb? and will you win an award for all your trouble?
Note-You don't have to just an actor, any other role you wish to take will be fine also.
State your Character's Name-
Race-
History-
Talents-
Desired Role-(Such as protagonist, villain, love  
interest, background character, etc.)
Any Other Relevant Information-

NPC's-
Reava Learbarg-The director who is a tigress demon, a rising star in the industry. Her previous works have all been amateur productions. This is her professional debut and will stop at nothing to ensure that it'll be a hit.  

Cain G'ian-A male feline incubus, is in charge of the special effects of the film, a qualified illusionist, he's doing this job to pay back a huge debt.

"Candy"/Wyles Nimat- A being vixen make-up artist and tailor, responsible for the makeup and costumes of the cast. It's been her life's dream to bring forth the canvas of her imagination to life. Applied to promote her skill.

"Unknown"-The composer, sound editor and mixer, Another feline, his motivation for participating on this film is also unknown. His skill however is unmatched.

KumikoTsumi

Character Name: Kumiko Tsumi
Race- Cat Demon
History- She's 169 and bored with her life. She's been walking from place to place to get free hugs, yeah, free hugs. She's currently in a competition with one of her friends to see who can get the most hugs. She has her own little group and the members are known as "slaves" although three fourths of the group denies it...
Talents- Singing, Drawing, and is able to stalk anyone, no matter how big or small.
Desired Role- Villain, no really...I want to be the villain.
Other- No heights! Tends to be awkward and creepy when it is most unwanted.

Kipiru

Character Name: Kipiru Starrider
Race- Unicorn
History- A mysterious wanderer looking for new thrills, age is unknown, though he looks no more than 27 years old.
Talents- moderately good actor, good artist and modest writer
Desired Role- The main hero- the one with a spark in his eye
Other- Tends to be mischievous, sarcastic and melodramatic- anything to gain some attention.

justacritic

Kipiru and Kumiko both are accepted, we can start anytime but I would like to wait a little longer if anybody else wants to join.

Kipiru

Quote from: justacritic on November 18, 2011, 07:46:47 AM
Kipiru and Kumiko both are accepted, we can start anytime but I would like to wait a little longer if anybody else wants to join.

Yes, give it some more time  :mowwink

KumikoTsumi

:zombiekun2 I will totally not creep around this forum till people join.

justacritic

To clarify how the game will go about being played, so that anybody on the fence will have more information, the cycle of the game will precede in this general form. As the producer Balorie desires to show the film in theaters as soon as possible, every scene will be done in one take.
Assignment Phase- The players will be informed of the scene's script and of any requirements from the actors. 
Request Phase- This is the time to ask the crew for any favors, also any sort of acting preparation should be done now.
Subterfuge I Phase- In the hustle and bustle of getting everything ready for shooting, who would notice that the star's wig has been filled with itching powder, or the focus of the shot's clothes are now two sizes too small, or the camera has been juryrigged so that it always keeps you in its view no matter how small. Just don't seriously kill or maim anybody. Nothing stops production like a murder case.
Acting Phase- It's time! Act your heart out, be as dramatic or hammy as you wish, just watch out for that banana peel your rivals have slipped under your foot...
Review Phase- Reava praises, or lamblasts you for your performance, according to her own personal tastes.
Subterfuge II Phase- Ah, everything is being packed up for the next scene and the film is being taken to the cutting room floor... Who says work's over when the camera stops rolling?
"Something has Happened!"- Beware of these random events, everything from blackouts, to flash floods, to rampaging muffins can happen. It's up to you how to react.

KumikoTsumi

Hooray for rampaging muffins! :D

LionHeart

I am interested, if there are still roles available.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

justacritic

just make a character and I'll see if it's acceptable

KumikoTsumi

ANOTHER PERSON! -runs to glomp them-  :mowhappy

LionHeart

Eek! *is glomped*

Ahem... character desc, as promised:

Name- Maya Damsen (at least that's one she currently using as her "stage name")

Race- Feline succubus

History- Maya is currently 387 years old, and after she graduated from SAIA about twenty years ago, decided to look around and see what the Being world had to offer. Having heard of other Cubi in the entertainment business (and particularly after hearing tales of how emotions tend to run high around movie sets), she decided to jump on this new opportunity.

Talents- She majored in Shapeshifting, and is a natural mimic. Maya is entirely capable of taking either male or female roles, and has done so on occasion, back in SAIA.

Desired Role- Probably looking for a "sidekick" role - "hero's best friend", that sort of thing.

Any Other Relevant Information- Maya, like most Cubi, tends to have a touch of ADD. She's the sort who will be able to walk onto the set, and deliver her lines perfectly – and only then realise that she left her costume back in the dressing room...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

KumikoTsumi

Hooray for sidekicks! :D Although no ones on the villain's side  :c  :I

VAE

This seems somewhat tempting to join .. though i'll be mostly internetless for quite a chunk of the holidays. *considers joining*
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

justacritic

justacritic

since Finals for me are over, we shall begin play shortly. Watch for IC thread

JamesCray

Sorry for the late application, I didn't notice the thread until just now.

Name- Wilton Jodan

Race- Being

Species- Fox

Gender- Male

History- Wil started out as a classically trained actor, but wasn't all that good at promoting himself and quickly ended up taking jobs behind the scenes in smaller productions as a stagehand or cameraman. After having seen a set constructor he used to work with getting a major role in a recent production, he decided he was going to try to get out in front of the camera as well.

Talents- He knows how to act, as well as his way around equipment, especially cameras. He can also sing.

Desired Role- He's read for just about every male part open in the film, from extra to henchman. (Put him just about anywhere.)

Any Other Relevant Information- He's not just in it for the recognition. He loves the creative endeavour, but a being actor is harder to sell, they age quickly and aren't able to take as much of a beating as most creatures. However, after his last director started snacking on workers she thought were holding up the production and weren't on film to be missed, he came to the conclusion his future would be MUCH brighter in front of the camera, no matter how hard he had to work to sell himself.
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.
"I work in Fringe Division. Weird is a matter of degrees."

justacritic

LionHeart

I think this could be a running gag for Kipiru and Maya - him running off completely oblivious, and her chasing after him constantly, trying to get his attention...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Kipiru

Quote from: LionHeart on January 10, 2012, 11:01:33 AM
I think this could be a running gag for Kipiru and Maya - him running off completely oblivious, and her chasing after him constantly, trying to get his attention...

That's about what I had in mind. Kipiru is a master at sarcasm and that combined with his melodramatic self-centeredness in this case can leave him a bit clueless. He will eventually wise up to the idea, but not after auto-spoiling it in his mind a few times :) An occupational hazard of sorts  >:3

JamesCray

My neighbourhood was hit by a tornado today, and to be honest my muse was being fickle already. I'd appreciate it if my character were just sort of dropped. Thanks for letting me in; sorry for not delivering.
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.
"I work in Fringe Division. Weird is a matter of degrees."

justacritic

Alright then if you want to jump back in any time you may do so. *sigh* We now might need another player...

LionHeart

A tornado?! Yikes...

Well, if Wilton is disappeared, then we might as well interrupt Kimiko's search for him.

Hmm...

One interruption, coming up... :mwaha
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

justacritic

If nobody will start posting in IC I will attempt a GM post

LionHeart

Go for it.

EDIT: I'd suggest also throwing it open to new people - we could probably use another character or two to interact with.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

justacritic

It is still open to anybody who wants to join in. Should I mention this in the title? I'll go do so.

Ravenscroft

Hey I know I'm late and slow and possibly stupid as well lol, but I was wondering if I could join in. :eager

State your Character's Name- Mal Burdog

Race- Mythos, looks like a small dragon with the addition of too many wings and limbs (six-eight wings, extra legs and arms, all remained tucked against his head, tail, or back, as well as to one another to give the impression of smooth flesh and full wings and limbs, otherwise they are weak and pathetic looking), green fur covers what would be scales on the dragon, including portions of the wings.

History- Mal is born of an angel and a mythos, the mythos clan being bred to interact with the dragons on a fair scale and the angel a master shapeshifter. Mal's life has been short and nasty, shunned from the clan he makes his way in whatever pleases him and has found opposition from most because of his otherwise unweildly physical condition and lack of true dragon heiratage. Turns out people aren't that willing to just hangout with the super huge creature that occasionally smells of wet cat, and looks like the DND copyrighted version of the catoblepas. He has recently come into shapeshifting as a magical talent, though he is not great at it it affords him minor changes, such as shrinking his gerth. While at a learning annex on shapeshifting Mal came to hear of the project Balorie was running and has rushed in to try his hand at whatever they can use him for. He dreams of making movies and hopes to learn everything he needs to know (oh woe to him)

Talents- Shapeshifting, sort of.

Desired Role- anything that gets him some sort of notice would please greatly the desire burning in his so-oul.

Any Other Relevant Information- "I may be mad, but I'm eager." Serious allergy to peanut butter and feints at the sight of blood. OOCly My husband actually makes movies so I know most of the hilarity that goes with trying to make something like this happen :D Also I can post maybe a max of once a day, depending on if my husband has reserved the computer for rendering movies, which is both awesome and saddening lol.

I hope this is how I'm supposed to do things I tried to read everything but sometimes I miss things X{ After watching my hubby and all his freinds bust down on their projects I'm curious to see how I'll measure up. Also It's been a while but I used to rp all the time in ruleless, formless, storyless rps through the internet chat. They were heavy on improv and its the skill I've tried to hold onto. I've practiced with DMing for DND in a setting with the manual of the planes and ALL campaign setting material, I've never had more fun :). Hope this helps, I've always wanted to be active on this forum, I just keeping lossing internet for extended periods of time, now hopefully we should remain conntected with awesome internet sugary goodness muahaha. ... hah ... yeah
Oh wow! Uh Yeah Sorry about that turns out I'm quite, quite mad. I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience of it all. Personally I'm as scared as all of you must be. But on the Plus side I'm not dangerous! Just not to be taken personally.

justacritic

Yes you are in, report for filming

Ravenscroft

Hmmm ... kinda got quiet there didn't we, well do you guys want to punch out the script and move the story along or do you want to wait for just before we move on?
Oh wow! Uh Yeah Sorry about that turns out I'm quite, quite mad. I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience of it all. Personally I'm as scared as all of you must be. But on the Plus side I'm not dangerous! Just not to be taken personally.

LionHeart

I'm in favour of moving things along. Our GM seems to be not paying much attention.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity