30/09/2011 [DMFA #1250] - Just Plain Awesome

Started by RobbieThe1st, September 30, 2011, 04:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

That, I have to say, was epic!

The whole leadup came out extremely well, and Abel's reaction in the last panel was just WIN!  :giggle

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

MT Hazard

Poor Abel, but on the plus side..

Abel: ..then I found some loose change and a hairbrush!
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

You would have thought that after the business with Devin, they would have known a zombie movie was a Bad Idea...

But yeah, action movie - if Abel hasn't had a nervous breakdown.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

justacritic

Clever I say but now what sort of action movie are they going to watch?

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on September 30, 2011, 08:05:01 AM

Probably one with a 'Cubi as the villain.

nevwyn

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 30, 2011, 08:12:33 AM

Probably one with a 'Cubi as the villain.

So the Destania bio pic that was released this summer?

Wurgel

we all know it. Its an actionmovie with Kill Bill amound of blood, just to screw with Abel even more. :mwaha

Tapewolf

Quote from: Wurgel on September 30, 2011, 09:08:56 AM
we all know it. Its an actionmovie with Kill Bill amound of blood, just to screw with Abel even more. :mwaha

I thought the blood had to be realistic? :3

tiggertoo

I love the single piece of popcorn left on the cushion - and the fact that Abel took the whole bowl of popcorn into hiding with him.  :P  I wonder if you can use his tail like a prybar to get him back out of there - it seems stiff enough.

Wurgel

i said amound of blood. On top of that, Abels status could count as under enormous stress after that horrormovie, so bloodlike substances should do too  :mowmeep

Foxxy

Quote from: tiggertoo on September 30, 2011, 09:25:51 AM
I love the single piece of popcorn left on the cushion - and the fact that Abel took the whole bowl of popcorn into hiding with him.  :P  I wonder if you can use his tail like a prybar to get him back out of there - it seems stiff enough.

Actually you'll see that JyJy is still holding the popcorn bowl, empty as it is.
Since when AREN'T Penguins evil?

BlackfootFerret

Oh.. oh WOW! I was half-asleep, doing my usual rounds of webcomic checking.. and at the beginning of this strip I actually thought in my sleep-dulled haze that I *WAS* reading the next Las Lindas page.. and when I scrolled.. and the ZOMBIE HAND was right at the bottom of the screen.. I had one of those *NO WAY* moments.. then scrolled down again. PERFECT PUNCH LINE!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Foxxy on September 30, 2011, 10:22:04 AM
Actually you'll see that JyJy is still holding the popcorn bowl, empty as it is.

Look again at the last panel of the previous strip. They have two bowls.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

And then the zombie turned Moyra into cupcakes...

And Abel went back into therapy for 200 years!  Overseen by Doctor Ink... which led to 400 years more therapy afterward.

I like breaking Abel.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

joshofspam

I wonder if Jy Jy's book was made into a movie yet?

What action movies could they watch? Iran Rat? Mission Improbable? I wonder if they have a version of the Goonies for that world? Everyone likes the Goonies, right?

A farm of horrors and Las Linda's no less. Going by horror movie standards, the two with the highest chances of survival would be Sarah and Mora. It's an odd thing though, Sarah probably has better odds then Mora.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

I gotta admit, for a second or two I was wondering if I clicked on the wrong bookmark. "Huh, didn't I want to check DMFA and not LasLindas?"

This is awesome!

Sicill

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on September 30, 2011, 11:31:32 AM
I gotta admit, for a second or two I was wondering if I clicked on the wrong bookmark. "Huh, didn't I want to check DMFA and not LasLindas?"
It threw me for a for a second as well.

LionHeart

Quote from: Sicill on September 30, 2011, 11:37:38 AM
For a second, I thought it was a guest comic...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Aadarm

Like the 3rd comic this week I've read filled with guest characters, stop confusing me!

Poor Abel is such a wuss, wonder how'd he would've acted had Dan been around.

Lurkie

Quote from: joshofspam on September 30, 2011, 11:05:42 AM
I wonder if Jy Jy's book was made into a movie yet?

What action movies could they watch? Iran Rat? Mission Improbable? I wonder if they have a version of the Goonies for that world? Everyone likes the Goonies, right?

Amusingly enough, the News flash at the top of this page (in my browser, at any rate) is: "Be sure to watch tonight's hit movie, The Return Of The Box from the Recycling Plant, tonight at 12."  Ain't coincidences fun?
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Madmann135

A demon, an incubus and a being are watching a horror movie... If I was in comic I would say that sounds like the start of a joke.
Since I'm watching the comic I will say it was the start of a funny joke.

Looks like Able found the vectorspace behind the couch cousins.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Attic Rat

I need to go read Las Lindas, so I'll know who Diana is, and how she can be "Not the only one" annoyed at her being buried there. Is that someone else coming up to complain?
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Kafzeil

Mora Lindas is ready for anything life throws at her.

She is woman ready for anything.

Almost anything![/horror movie narrator voice]

On relate to the comic, I do have to wonder the implications of this movie as well as the genre zombie movie genre in Furrae. I mean, the Undead would take umbridge to an entire genre basically condoning their slaughter and portraying them as inhuman monsters.

...But I would totally watch Las Lindas: Undead Nightmare if I could.This was a pretty fun cameo.=P
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Anker Steadfast

That's a nicely done cameo right there, I gotta say, bravo. :)

I'm actually having a bit of a hard time coming up with a movie that Abel would actually like.
Action may be too bloody, horror .. well, we know the answer to that. Fantasy might be too weird in their world.
For some reason I don't think he's be into sappy or overly cute stuff ... maybe something a bit deeper and introvert would fit him ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Balance

I love the bottle-brushy tail. And Jy's eyebrows. The eyebrows, they say so much.

Quote from: Attic Rat on September 30, 2011, 05:39:25 PM
I need to go read Las Lindas, so I'll know who Diana is, and how she can be "Not the only one" annoyed at her being buried there. Is that someone else coming up to complain?
The tricksy interleaved narration got you. "Not the only one" isn't a reference to not liking the burial. Follow the narrator bubbles:

"But now she is back on her family farm...wanting to start over and have a second chance on life."
"But unfortunately for her..."
"She's not the only one!"

Arcblade

Quote from: Sicill on September 30, 2011, 11:37:38 AM

That makes three.  Nicely done, Amber!

Slacker Spice

Die Hard WITH CUBI!

"Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You English men are always so... bloody hell! [counting them on his fingers.] Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh god... I'm English."
"Welcome to the nancy tribe."
Spike and Giles; "Tabula Rasa"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Aw, great, you blew up the 'wah-wah' machine!"
"PORCUPINES ARE GOD!" - Nostalgia

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 30, 2011, 09:10:09 AM
Quote from: Wurgel on September 30, 2011, 09:08:56 AM

I thought the blood had to be realistic? :3

The blood is realistic, the blood flow isn't.

Oh look, even more frizz today.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Paladin Sheppard

Amber made this comic so full of win :3

Love her take on Las Linadas as a horror film  :3

Sunblink

omg I love just about everything about this comic, I love the new comic page layout so much you have no idea. I get the feeling Las Lindas: the Movie would be something that'd play on Scy-Fy every week.

I like how Amber remembered to keep Mora's breasts as large as possible.