06/06/2011 [DMFA# 1225] - Nom Nom Nom

Started by RandomMetaphysics, June 06, 2011, 02:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infranscia

Heh.  Something about Fa'Lina's behavior and disposition in this comic wants me to give her a 'hello!' hug. :mowmeep

I'd like to see her meet more of the gang.  I don't think she's met Alexsi except for the brief encounter in comic 481, she hasn't met Lorenda...

I'm also liking the Warp-Aci in panel 2.  Fu is also cute in panel 1. :mowhappy

Question: In cooking, does 'marbling' refer to a sort of swirl pattern, or something else?
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Madmann135

Quote from: Gabi on June 06, 2011, 04:48:23 PM
Quote from: Madmann135 on June 06, 2011, 02:23:16 PM
It's a good thing that Fa'Lina (AKA Harpy) is a cubi, anyone else with that figure and bust would have broken their back years ago.
Do Cubi have super strong backbones, or does she use shapeshifting to add some extra support for her bust?

Anyway, that's not what intrigues me the most about Fa'Lina: her fur is. Is it naturally that way (short and white, with pink fluffy ear tips)? Does she trim it? Is it shapeshifted? Will I ever know?

In any case, cupcakes are a good excuse for an early arrival, and I really liked the Warp Acis greeting each other in the background.

I shall answer your question with a page.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Infranscia on June 06, 2011, 05:14:47 PM
Question: In cooking, does 'marbling' refer to a sort of swirl pattern, or something else?

It can sometimes appear swirly, but really it refers to mixing two different cake mixtures together; but not fully blended together, so you can taste both cake mixtures clearly.  Here's some examples...

When my mom makes marbled cake, the pattern looks more like a weird layered pattern then swirly. :.

Quote from: nevwyn on June 06, 2011, 01:34:07 PM
Also, what are those cupcakes marbled with? What tastes good with red velvet?

One time, my friend made a red velvet and white chocolate marbled cake; it was sooooo good! :mowhappy

MT Hazard

Quote from: Aadarm on June 06, 2011, 04:33:34 PM
Is her Dan's not showing up for 2 hours meaning to SAIA? Or did we just skip that whole part? And Abel is so cute!

2 hours until he comes back to lost lake is my interpretation, he's probably going around Jy's house next to say goodbye.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aadarm on June 06, 2011, 04:33:34 PM
Is her Dan's not showing up for 2 hours meaning to SAIA? Or did we just skip that whole part? And Abel is so cute!

I think you'll find it's something like this:  Fa'Lina has arrived to take Dan into SAIA, but Dan has not yet returned to the inn following his visit to Matilda where he told her he was going away. Fa'Lina has apparently foreseen the time of his arrival but turned up early anyway, possibly to talk to Abel first.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on June 06, 2011, 05:36:25 AM
Quote from: D'ymkarra on June 06, 2011, 03:41:02 AM
And "Dahlings!"...Am I the only one who read that in Zsa-zsa's voice?

I am actually amazed that I know who are talking about..... :mowdizzy

Tenkyu, for giving me a good laugh, and adding yet a few more grey hairs to my muzzle  :giggle

Quote from: MT Hazard on June 06, 2011, 06:26:56 PM
2 hours until he comes back to lost lake is my interpretation, he's probably going around Jy's house next to say goodbye.

Considering the look on Matilda's face when last we saw her, I don't think Dan will be leaving her side anytime soon  ;)

'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2011, 08:27:54 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on June 06, 2011, 08:18:24 AM
And finally ... OMG  SHE IS FRIGGIN HILARIOUS IN THE LAST PANEL !!!!  
I just love her when she's in "fun-mode", much luv for that.

Seconded.

I am starting to wonder if this is an excuse to collar Abel in the kitchen, mind.

Thirded.
Though, Fa'lina anywhere generally produces awesome
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

LordViking

Quote from: D'ymkarra on June 06, 2011, 07:03:27 PMConsidering the look on Matilda's face when last we saw her, I don't think Dan will be leaving her side anytime soon  ;)
Seeing how it is already the following morning/day he really didn't leave soon ;P
What he is doing these last two hours before arriving is a bigger question. He could be visiting some other friends to say goodbye, having some after-snuggling with Matilda or it is just the time he takes to travel from her place to Lost Lake.

nevwyn

He stopped off for an Egg McMuffin as there won't be a McDonalds on campus as all SAIA students get free food plans so no profit for them.

Gabi

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 06, 2011, 05:46:12 PM
It's a good thing that Fa'Lina (AKA Harpy) is a cubi, anyone else with that figure and bust would have broken their back years ago.
Do Cubi have super strong backbones, or does she use shapeshifting to add some extra support for her bust?

Anyway, that's not what intrigues me the most about Fa'Lina: her fur is. Is it naturally that way (short and white, with pink fluffy ear tips)? Does she trim it? Is it shapeshifted? Will I ever know?

In any case, cupcakes are a good excuse for an early arrival, and I really liked the Warp Acis greeting each other in the background.

OK, thanks, but that only (sort of) answers the first question. What about the other? What is the secret of Fa'Lina's fur?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Infranscia

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on June 06, 2011, 06:16:20 PM
Quote from: Infranscia on June 06, 2011, 05:14:47 PMQuestion: In cooking, does 'marbling' refer to a sort of swirl pattern, or something else?

It can sometimes appear swirly, but really it refers to mixing two different cake mixtures together; but not fully blended together, so you can taste both cake mixtures clearly.  Here's some examples...

When my mom makes marbled cake, the pattern looks more like a weird layered pattern then swirly. :.

I thought it might be that.  Thanks. :mowsmile  It's been awhile since I've had one of those...  That would be tricky to do with cupcakes.  Well, not as easy at any rate.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Arcblade

Quote from: Gabi on June 07, 2011, 12:56:16 PM
Quote from: Madmann135 on June 06, 2011, 05:46:12 PM

OK, thanks, but that only (sort of) answers the first question. What about the other? What is the secret of Fa'Lina's fur?

As a matter of fact, Fa'Lina's assets are probably natural, as per her complaining in this comic.

I presume her fur is just naturally that way also, but as she's a Triwing, she can probably will it to do whatever she wants. 

Fur and hair in Amber's world can do interesting things.  Abel's hair, for instance, will always have brown ends.  If he cuts it, the new ends automatically turn brown.  This is mentioned in his cast page, under Quick/Fun Facts.  Given that, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Fa'Lina's fur just grows that way. 

lilpuppy23

Awesome art on this page  :D
I realize I've never noticed Fa'Lina's ears until now...

Also, who is Zsa-zsa?

D'ymkarra

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on June 07, 2011, 05:02:37 PM
Awesome art on this page  :D

Also, who is Zsa-zsa?

I think a lot of people have never noticed her ears before, for obvious reasons  :)

She was the butt of bad accent jokes well before your time  :rolleyes
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

MT Hazard

Quote from: D'ymkarra on June 07, 2011, 06:11:51 PM
Quote from: lilpuppy23 on June 07, 2011, 05:02:37 PM
Awesome art on this page  :D

Also, who is Zsa-zsa?

She was the butt of bad accent jokes well before your time  :rolleyes

Damn, not fast enough. I was going to suggest this link. Here (Sorry)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Anker Steadfast

Interestingly, the biggest differences I see in Fa'Lina is actually that her eartufts seems to have received a trim, and she's gotten herself a new summerdress.
Well, that and the general "bigger format" upgrade, that all characters gets when Amber can post her comic with more details on it.

Still, she's definately channeling Zsa Zsa with her "Dahlings", and I'm still getting a good laugh out of that last frame. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Maril

Since she's a poodle, I assume that she would have to trim it/use shape shifting...  I imagine though that she uses shape shifting to keep everything in place.  It would be so tedious to have to trim your whole body X_x  Least she doesn't do what the extreme poodle people do and randomly shape her fluff to make herself look like a vegetable or a ninja turtle.

Anker Steadfast

A vegetable ?
A Ninja Turtle ?

... no no no no ...

She's obviously the Pink Panther - The Original Smooth Criminal !!
Heck, now I can't watch that last frame again without hearing the pink panther theme:D

Maril

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on June 09, 2011, 04:53:43 AM
A vegetable ?
A Ninja Turtle ?

... no no no no ...

Heck, now I can't watch that last frame again without hearing the pink panther theme:D

...Dammit, now that's stuck in my head and I'm imagining her looking like Pink Panther trying to sneak past Abel dressed like Inspector Clouseau to get those cupcakes and it is a very VERY strange image.

llearch n'n'daCorna

On a somewhat related note, I don't think Steve Martin really has as much class as Peter Sellers. Go watch the original 1963 version.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Viking ZX

Quote from: Maril on June 09, 2011, 10:49:09 PM
A vegetable ?
A Ninja Turtle ?

... no no no no ...

Fanart worthy image there, Falina as inspector Clouseau! I wish I was an artist.

...Dammit, now that's stuck in my head and I'm imagining her looking like Pink Panther trying to sneak past Abel dressed like Inspector Clouseau to get those cupcakes and it is a very VERY strange image.
I'm an author! Check out my site!

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 10, 2011, 04:05:49 PM

On a somewhat related note, I don't think Steve Martin really has as much class as Peter Sellers. Go watch the original 1963 version.

I agree, the original is the best one. :)

Barhandar

I just noticed that Abel's clothes differ from ones he was wearing in #1224. When did he change them?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Barhandar on June 11, 2011, 10:32:45 AM
I just noticed that Abel's clothes differ from ones he was wearing in #1224. When did he change them?

1224 was evening, 1225 is the following morning.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chakat Blackspots

Fa'Lina is one of the most difficult to understand at times, then moments like this come around where her actions are explainable.

I always find these sort of comments about big boobs breaking someone's back (even in RL) very annoying and ignorant about how the body works and its strength (regardless of the fact that she's a Cubi).  The honest truth is that Fa'Lina's bust is fairly big, but something that big is not heavy enough to affect the spine.

People who say these things more than likely never pay attention to the world around them.  There are women much more busty than Fa'Lina and usually have no problem with their back (of course those with a sore back aren't keeping their core (back and stomach muscles) strong).

Anker Steadfast

Truth, certain excercises can alliveieate back problems immensely to the point of removing the problem alltogether, as I understand it.

Les

It's not the weight of large breasts which causes back problems, at least not directly.  The weight of large breasts encourages slouching and generally bad posture, which in turn causes back problems.  Proper exercise (including upper-body weight training) can make it easier to avoid the temptation to slouch.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Les on June 11, 2011, 06:38:52 PM
It's not the weight of large breasts which causes back problems, at least not directly.  The weight of large breasts encourages slouching and generally bad posture, which in turn causes back problems.  Proper exercise (including upper-body weight training) can make it easier to avoid the temptation to slouch.

This is true as well.  I have heard of women who slouch on purpose (most likely not consciously) to make them appear smaller due to how the US typically perceives large breasts (and peer pressure from Hollywood saying thin is beautiful).