03/06/2011 [PF #173] The Ruling Class

Started by ChaosMageX, June 03, 2011, 06:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

...is what Daryil is quoting now instead of the Bible.

Also, from the look on Jakob's face, Keaton isn't the only one at a breaking point.  Although in Jakob's case, it's really more of a breakdown. >:3

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Yeah, I was thinking of Jakob when I chose the title.  The other ones I considered were "Psionic Judo", and "The Crown of Creation".

EDIT: It may be worth bearing in mind that Jakob has seen his defences bypassed, his clan head/friend/patron apparently murdered, been given a major psychic shock by whatever happened to Daryil, almost seen Simeon murdered and the last 125 years or so of work lose its major backer, and now said patron is going around saying he is God.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

... and then quoting from various less-than-stellar works to prove it.

Worse, they are recognisable quotes, even. Heavens above. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm hoping Daryil crown it all off by asking Jakob the question "What can change the nature of a man?" :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Madmann135

I like Jakob's near nervous breakdown and how he's working on keeping it together.

Question is the dual color wings on Jakob intentional or are they another 'side effect' of what Daryil did.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

joshofspam

Keaton has a nice wing contrast. Black on the outside and Yellow on the inside. I quite enjoy Keatons color and fur pattern. Must thank Sunblink for making such an awesome character for Tapes to use. :)

Is Daryil a god? Yes, in his own mind at least. He's definitely no Gozer, that's for sure. :P

Though Keaton looks a little wasted, from what I would imagine would be the equivalent of almost turning her own soul inside out.

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Arrith

Jakob... needs a cup of tea, some cookies and a nice healthy dose of normal and sanity.
This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last. - Oscar Wilde

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 03, 2011, 12:35:45 PM
I like Jakob's near nervous breakdown and how he's working on keeping it together.

Question is the dual color wings on Jakob intentional or are they another 'side effect' of what Daryil did.

I asked a similar question in the previous thread and never got an answer to it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on June 03, 2011, 06:34:17 PM
I asked a similar question in the previous thread and never got an answer to it.

You remarked on it, I don't see a question, though.

As it happens, yes, Daryil did this deliberately.

Arrith

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 03, 2011, 06:58:27 PM

This makes me wonder. If he is doing this deliberately... why? 'cause that's not funny or lighthearted. It's kinda sadist when you really stop to think about it.
This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last. - Oscar Wilde

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arrith on June 04, 2011, 12:22:40 AM
This makes me wonder. If he is doing this deliberately... why? 'cause that's not funny or lighthearted. It's kinda sadist when you really stop to think about it.

It's just like he's rebranding the company with a new logo or something.  Besides, if they prefer their old colours they can always shapeshift it back.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 03, 2011, 06:58:27 PM

I guess I should have asked a question, but its answered in this thread here.

Gabi

I know Simeon's just been really close to something worse than death, so it makes sense for him to be terrified, but I can't help seeing his posture in panel 6 as childish. Then again, maybe he was reminded of a terrible childhood experience and instinctively repeated the old reaction.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on June 04, 2011, 08:03:57 PM
I know Simeon's just been really close to something worse than death, so it makes sense for him to be terrified, but I can't help seeing his posture in panel 6 as childish.

I have to admit, I wasn't very keen on Simeon's expression there.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

They say you should start small, so I've been shading Simeon's buckles.

(Also, look closely at page 170, panel 6.)

Tapewolf

Ren's had a fairly tough couple of weeks and it ate through what buffer we had.  I have the first row and hope to finish the rest tonight or tomorrow, but we'll have to see how it goes.  Bit of a let-down, but these things happen.