10/06/2011 [PF #174] OMGWTF?!

Started by ChaosMageX, June 10, 2011, 09:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

What's Daryil doing that causing all those shocked stares?

Keaton feels like she's screwed, and Jakob seems to be feeling humbled.  I wonder why. >:3

What I'm wondering is how Daryil kept all those empty faux-soul jars hidden from the guards at the prison. :erk

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

Quote from: ChaosMageX on June 10, 2011, 09:00:19 PM

Keaton feels like she's screwed, and Jakob seems to be feeling humbled.  I wonder why. >:3

Well either they find out he hit Tri-wing status or he's giving them a private exhibition.

The delivery crew from Futurama had similar reactions to the Professor giving one. :P

Edit: Or I could see these faces being made to a similar situation as that.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madmann135

Keaton: "I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead"
Assassin: "not my soul not my soul not my soul"

Even though they fall under the rule of overly long line gags, they are funny considering Daryil is the one breaking their minds (with just cause)  
side note We didn't get to see his (unconventional) revealing.  Part of me is happy while part of me is saddened.

Side note:  The "I'm sorry I broke your mind Mr. Assassin" lollypop is missing. 

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I must say that I like the dual colored wing scheme going on. :mowwink And Keaton's overall reaction here amuses me.... >:3

Also, is that a bird with a scarf flying behind Jakob in the fifth panel?! :erk

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 11, 2011, 01:06:10 AM
Side note:  The "I'm sorry I broke your mind Mr. Assassin" lollypop is missing. 

Not only did this make me laugh, but I quite agree the Assassin really does need a lollipop. :>

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 11, 2011, 01:06:10 AM
side note We didn't get to see his (unconventional) revealing.  Part of me is happy while part of me is saddened.

Yeah, originally this was going to be a 12-page chapter.  But I decided I had to insert the scene where Daryil explodes in the desert, and each chapter has to have an even number of pages, so I padded this scene out to two pages.

QuoteSide note:  The "I'm sorry I broke your mind Mr. Assassin" lollypop is missing.
Hmm....

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on June 11, 2011, 03:38:07 AM
Also, is that a bird with a scarf flying behind Jakob in the fifth panel?! :erk

That is the 'scarf hawk'.  It turns up from time to time, usually when someone is flipping out.  Its first appearance was in chapter 2, I believe - which did actually make sense.  Since then it has occasionally cameoed for no obvious reason.

Which reminds me, I need to show the outtake.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Okay, you talked me into it.  You'll probably need a force a refresh, though.

Also, this is the original version of Ashley's panel, prior to me editing out the unwanted extra:

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/pf174_3e_pp500.png

...one of us is taking the pony thing far too seriously.

What I'm wondering is how Daryil kept all those empty faux-soul jars hidden from the guards at the prison. :erk

The easiest way for someone with mental powers to do that would be to stop the guards from being able to consciously realise they are there.  Then you don't need to conceal them at all.

The larger question is why they didn't restrain Daryil's powers properly.

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 11, 2011, 08:57:37 AM
Okay, you talked me into it.  You'll probably need a force a refresh, though.

Wow. That totally changes the meaning and phrasing of that old saying.

Hahaha! See you later! Sucker? :giggle
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: joshofspam on June 10, 2011, 10:34:14 PM

Well either they find out he hit Tri-wing status or he's giving them a private exhibition.

The delivery crew from Futurama had similar reactions to the Professor giving one. :P

Edit: Or I could see these faces being made to a similar situation as that.

I'm hoping he did achieve tri-wing status.  At least Keaton's "I'm Dead." thoughts would make sense.

Gabi

*Laughs at the outtake.*

Also, I've seid this before, but I like the Scarf Hawk. ^_^ I don't think it ever made much sense, though. It's just one of those cute, silly things that I find funny.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Arrith

heh
You added the 'sorry i broke your mind mr. assassin' lollipop didn't you?
This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last. - Oscar Wilde

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

llearch n'n'daCorna

He did. It should be in a glass, I think. Either that or clutched in his hand, and I think that that's slightly wrong in tone.

Just dropping them on the ground seems wrong to me.

... but that's just me. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 13, 2011, 09:21:28 AM
He did. It should be in a glass, I think. Either that or clutched in his hand, and I think that that's slightly wrong in tone.

Just dropping them on the ground seems wrong to me.

... but that's just me. ;-]
Daryil probably gave it to the assassin, but he dropped it afterwards.

Tapewolf

Just as a heads-up, Ren has recently started a job and this is liable to impact the comic schedule.  Early days yet, so we'll see how things go when he's got into more of a routine.  It might mean rearranging the update day or working a week in advance or something, we'll have to see.

Assuming his internet connection doesn't die (as it often does on Fridays) I'm hoping to have the final page of this chapter up on Saturday or so.  But it's a village weekend again so if he doesn't give me the lines by this evening, I probably won't get them until monday, and that would cut it rather fine with the Anthrocon journey and all.

EDIT: Should have it ready sometime Saturday.