Random Superpowers Game

Started by Zen, April 22, 2011, 08:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

Hey there folks, here is a new game, hope you guys like it!

OK so let's go, to play this game you must go to the Super power wiki:
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki

And them click the random page button on the right. The page that comes up is now your superpower (no rerolls). Only if your power really sucks major, them your allow to get two new powers.

Assuming the rest of the world remains the same, how do you use your new ability? For good, evil or for the lulz? You can be a Evil scientist, super hero, super villain, get money with your power, or just destroy everthing around you. If you want you can roleplay with other guys powers.

That's it, lets rock!

Inumo

Possession

I think I'd just goof around with this one, maybe pester an annoying acquaintance by making him punch himself.

MT Hazard

Chronolock.

I think I'd travel, see the world, pop back home occasionally. Very occasionally travel in time, when I could be sure I wouldn't screw up history.

Also be a supernaturally helpful person, collapse criminal empires and take their money to fund myself.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

SquirrelWizard

Mendacity Detection

Not the greatest power for taking over the world/saving it, but a downright useful one if you just know how to ask questions.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Darkdragon

Reality Warping.

I really wouldn't know what I'd do with this; on the one hand, I am aware that at times I am a perfectionist, and may or may not use the power to ensure things go the way I want it to be, yet also at the same time I would be afraid of becoming corrupt, going against the rather off-beat moral code which I myself subscribe to since absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely. I would probably not go out of my way to "save the world" or such, since we cannot have a common consensus on what one means by "save", but I'd probably help someone in need in a form of reverse bystander effect if something obvious can be done to help a situation which would benefit everyone involved.

e_voyager

Probability Manipulation - The incredible power in which one can Manipulate luck... Read More
while i would take stupid dares on the side this power screams Vegas too bad i don't like to gamble but as the Jinx i shall become a scourge to the forces of evil or something like that meh i forget what i'm talking about form time to time.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

VAE

Matter Melding

Sweet! Besides repairs, disappearing into the floor or walls, and essentially swimming through is pretty sweet, never mind the possibilities for body modification (becoming a practical cyborg for example, masquerading as someone else,) . If that wasn't enough, any fool getting into my range can be disabled by disrupting his vital organs. Oh, did i mention grafting together atoms to produce any element i like?
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Lostangles

Cosmic Manipulation

Just reading the article it appears there isn't anything this particular ability can't do. I'm not sure I'd be able to do much good with something like this because messing with space time and cosmic energy seems like a really good way to mess things up. I suppose being cosmically aware I'd go out and explore, see all the neat stuff the universe has to offer, maybe help the scientific community somehow. Might just hang out in space, because I can. Kinda wish I'd gotten something on a slightly smaller scale than this, I'd probably just go and find out if there are aliens or something.
\\\"Hold on tight and keep the loud pedal down\\\"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Adaptation.

Much depends on the specific type I got lumbered with. Adaptations that I keep, cool. Ones that I lose? Less cool.

I'd probably start looking at increasing my ability to work on my job and/or hobbies, and generally cause havoc on online games... Failing that, idly poking about the scenery and setting myself up to live without problems somewhere - work hard, save up to buy some land somewhere, set up a house off the grid, etc etc.

But then, I'd like to do that anyway, so...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmberCross

Air Manipulation!

This is actually one of my top desired specific super powers so I am very pleased with this result. Apparently I already have luck powers. (For those wondering, my top non-specific super power is imposing my will upon reality which is somewhat unlikely anyway >.>) Anyway, I'm a meteorology major currently so this would probably be applicable.

"I predict there will be three tornadoes passing through the state of Arkansas this afternoon."
"Sir, the skies there are completely clear, there's no way in hell that could pos-"
"I SAID THERE WILL BE THREE TORNADOES!!!!"

SquirrelWizard

against air breathing opponents Air manipulation is pretty broke.

"Whats that? You dont like the vaccume bubble I made?"
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

e_voyager

so how does this link work i clicked it again and got the same power i clicked originally.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

AmberCross

Not as broken as reality bending ;p

A lot of powers can be used for defense in some way really... matter manipulation for instance can just keep their body running without air. Morphers can remove their need to breathe, and several powers don't need to breathe in the first place. It takes a while to pass out from suffocation during which the other guy has time to retaliate with something of their own too. Just gotta hit me with a fireball or even just a nearby stapler to break my concentration and release my control on the air so you can breathe again.

Darkdragon

Quote from: e_voyager on April 29, 2011, 11:46:43 PM
so how does this link work i clicked it again and got the same power i clicked originally.

Your probability manipulation on a subconscious level demands that you have that superpower.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Camouflage

Do I really need to say how I would use this power..... >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on April 30, 2011, 01:32:37 PM
Camouflage

Dammit, where'd you go? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Adoptive Muscle Memory!

The power to copy any set form of movements that usually take years of practice for the people I watch perform them. I could have a promising career as a card shuffler or I could learn all the dance moves of the world so I'm never served again. :mowignore

Does anyone think I got the short end of the super power? You have to be really active to make this one work for you.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2011, 06:01:10 PM
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on April 30, 2011, 01:32:37 PM
Camouflage

Dammit, where'd you go? ;-]

:mwaha

Probably, where you least expect me..... >:3

Quote from: joshofspam on April 30, 2011, 07:46:55 PM
Adoptive Muscle Memory!

Does anyone think I got the short end of the super power? You have to be really active to make this one work for you.

No, not really.....

You could copy something simple like massage skills and start your own masseuse business; think about all the pretty clients you might get.... :3

JackTheCubiWolf

Enhanced Durability

I'd probably use it to get back at people who have been or are mean to me, and then use it to help stop criminals. And if you don't know what it is, it mean I can take a lot of damage and not feel the effects until later.
I'm back, and tired.

Angel

Possession.

Well, it would make dating really interesting...for once, my body-switching fetish would be useful in the bedroom!  >:3 But I can't imagine using this power for evil. As Inumo said, I'd either use it for laughs, or in emergencies only.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

e_voyager

woohoo i got  Energy Manipulation - The power to Control and manipulate existing energy... i can think of so many things i can do this this power. maybe even fly if i can manipulate it into a propelling force.

LordViking

I got camouflage.

Well, I guess I would be the best hide and seek player while growing up, only bested by that one invisible kid, and then start working as a spy or anything.

Azlan

Weapon Manipulation

Not my style, but useful in an aggressive way.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Cogidubnus

Enhanced reflexes.

>:3

I practice a martial art, so this could be awesome for me. Being fast isn't the same as being good though, alas.

justacritic

Arachis Hypogaealingualism or the ability communicate and by extension command peanuts...
I wonder if I can control peanut products or any object that had peanuts involved in its manufacture... :mwaha

e_voyager

well i got Reality warping   this time. its a fun power with lots of possibles including making it possible for you to physically want on the sun if your offer is shunned.

that should be " possible for you to physically walk on the sun if your offer is shunned. "

Kipiru

Self-Spawn! Because the world needs more of me :)

Seriously though I'd just keep it a secret for as long as I can and use it to make comic books faster. Multitasking at a new high  :eager

e_voyager

i got power replication! I am so rock man with this power it ain't funny.