Epic spring FAIL...

Started by Alondro, March 24, 2011, 02:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Well... it was getting warm last week.  Spring was 1 day away.  Last friday it was 75 F.  I was wearing shorts.

Last night... it snowed.  All my little shoots and budding bushes are frozen and dead.

There is no hope anymore... spring will never come... :redrum

Anyone else suffering from spring deprivation with the new frigid onslaught?
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

joshofspam

Suffering?

I got cabin fever! I got cabin fever!

Let's put it this way, we went to almost no snow on the road, too being locked up inside are apartment.

Everything was closed up.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Alondro

*sets the entire world on fire to release all the CO2!*  ALL HAIL GLOBAL WARMING!!!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Sofox

Ehhh, you do now that that could just lead to MORE snow don't you? (more heat, more evaporation from seas, more precipitation, more extreme weather...)

Damaris

Oh. So THAT'S why it snowed today.  >:[

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

bill

holy goddamn could the weather possibly be more depressing

Paladin Sheppard

How about 60+ days with no rain??

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, a normal Australian winter, then?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Paladin Sheppard

Nah that was  most of summer + Autumn...Yet the other side of Aus is drenched at the moment, go figure.

ShadesFox

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on March 31, 2011, 10:59:07 AM...go figure.

Working on it. Geeze it's not like the big machines can go any faster :E
The All Purpose Fox

Alondro

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on March 31, 2011, 04:00:57 AM
How about 60+ days with no rain??

That was my region of New Jersey last July-August. 

All my wildflowers died.  :[

The Lurking Dragon

Winter weather advisory starting tonight and lasting all weekend, I feel your pain. I'd been enjoying the sight of the snow starting to melt finally.
"You can't see me or hear me unless I want you to."
The Lurking Dragon

LionHeart

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 31, 2011, 06:19:59 AM
Ah, a normal Australian winter, then?
Normal Australian winters tend to be cold, overcast and wet.

Much like an English summer. :P
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

We had a summer last year, apparently. I took a short nap one afternoon and missed it...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Valynth

I have no idea what you guys are complaining about.

It's been a cool 65-70 degrees here for a while.  Nice, but soon we'll return to the standard 89(in shade) with 80% humidity.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Alondro

It's sunny and 75 now!   :boogie

It'll go back to the 50's tomorrow, and be cool and drizzly most of the week, but no more ice at least!

Actually, the cool moist weather will be good for all my seedlings.   :3

Sienna Maiu - M T

I don't know what you people are on about. We had a snow storm in February which was followed immediately by it turning into rain. For blocks around storm drains were backlogging and gushing back up into the streets.
The next morning everything was 'normal' again.

And that was the last I saw of the snow.
[so depressing :<  I even put away the shovels and the snow blower to try to get the snow back, because that usually works... the most we've had was a little bit of flurry in March which amounted to nothing, and more of the same with a slush storm thrown in on April 1st and hail pelting down the next day. Still, nothing amounted to anything.]

Come to Canada; the weather's warmer here. :|
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Alondro

It's warm now, the flowers are in bloom, the trees are starting to leaf out.

Ah!  Soon to start gardening!   :piranha

Kafzeil

In my little corner of the Earth we had a nice week of spring...snow was melting, nice my favourite time of year~

Today. Snowstorm. And it's supposed to be like this for a few days.

It's so much cold as just a lot of snow and everything's just really wet now. I need to move to Vancouver.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Sienna Maiu - M T

It's nice out today. I'm going to go enjoy it.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

bill

two weeks, and I'm finally able to do the same. Wanna put some miles on my bike.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: bill on April 15, 2011, 06:31:34 PM
two weeks, and I'm finally able to do the same. Wanna put some miles on my bike.
That's what I want to do... but I was still in grade eight back when the bike and I lost out against that car... so while I have since gotten a new bike (automatic love, and riding it around the store to test it out.. riding a bike for the first time in four years was... "just like riding a bike".) and still have need of a new helmet... I would now have to ride my bike in the streets rather that being permitted to use the sidewalks; a whole new and unexplored terror.

But still, it sounds awesome in theory. Bike~~~
my art thread

joshofspam

It was almost gone when it snowed again.

Is mother nature mocking me?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sienna Maiu - M T

I had snow today. Flurries and sunshine. :D
So friggin' excited  :eager

:boogie
my art thread

Castle Pokemetroid

It's been raining quite frequently here in Hawaii. That's pretty strange for a place where it's usually a neutral 80 degrees all year long. Rains here and there, but not as much as we've been having now.

Alondro

Quote from: joshofspam on April 16, 2011, 07:44:29 PM
It was almost gone when it snowed again.

Is mother nature mocking me?

Yes.  Yes it is.   :E