30/01/2011 [DMFA# 1193] - AAAAIIIIEEEEEE! DIABETIES! MY ONLY WEAKNESS!

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, January 30, 2011, 06:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hehehehehehe. Ambaargh, you is gonna kill us all.

Also: I see that Aniz was 813 or so when he was killed. Interesting. So he managed to skulk around Furrae for 350 or so years without pissing anyone else off enough to manage to end him. Sneaky.

... Anyone else interesting in collating money to pay for a wallpaper?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

Huh. So he's dead. And Abel didn't kill him. I'm glad, in a way.

I shall now use all of my willpower and not speculate.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2011, 06:04:16 AM
... Anyone else interesting in collating money to pay for a wallpaper?

Thank you llearch. This is relevant to my interests.

Feather Dancer

Hello what Prof. Ink was getting at all that time ago. Also, possibly the fate of Alexsi's mother or soemthing related to it? I'm sure also Dee found out which family line killed her ex which may also tie in.

Also, cute. I like May's middle name as well.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

MT Hazard

Interesting, it was someone with no relation to Dan but a shared name that killed Aniz, Alexsi's biological mother.

Note:Is there any way to have hidden spoiler text in these posts?

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 30, 2011, 06:28:44 AM
Note:Is there any way to have hidden spoiler text in these posts?

Not at this time, no. We may implement something after the forum gets updated to the newer version of SMF, but since that's still beta, we're in no rush.

Castle Pokemetroid

This makes me want for a continuation of Abel's story, just to find out exactly how Aniz died, but no chance of that happening, right?

It's also about time Alexis' mother was mentioned.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2011, 06:33:37 AM
Not at this time, no. We may implement something after the forum gets updated to the newer version of SMF, but since that's still beta, we're in no rush.

[spoiler=Mwahahahahaha]
Okay, so that was easier than I thought. Enjoy!
[/spoiler]

Sofox

Garsemor

Killed by by Quintinga Ti'fiona, interesting. I guess we know what happened to him now... OR DO WE?

(warning: crazy speculation inbound)

Ok, so here's what suspect may have happened. The information if fake, in fact there is no Quintinga Ti'fiona or isn't any more but rather Aniz who had taken his place after killing him (Identically to what happened to Cid). After failing to ho have a cubi child (Edward) he killed it and took it's place (hey he is crazy, it's possible).
Now we come to the Edward-Anzi theory which every one knows whit Aniz popping up and telling Dan that "I am your father" but one large difference is that unlike Abel who had no training Dan no has received training from Abel, which brings me to the point of the reason why Abel came whit Dan after Fa'lina had a secret chat whit him. Abel may have thought Aniz dead like the rest of the world does but Fa'lina told him otherwise and he then came for one of two reasons:
1. That Dan doesn't suffer the same fate as he did.
2. In hopes of finding his Father, whether it is in hopes of revenge or otherwise.

MT Hazard

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2011, 06:58:56 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2011, 06:33:37 AM

[spoiler=Mwahahahahaha]
Okay, so that was easier than I thought. Enjoy!
[/spoiler]

Now I have to wonder, what have I/we unleashed?

[spoiler=Spoiler text]

Vast paragraphs of spoiler text that's what.

Something else for rules to be set down about. But, if used responsibly it could be used to cut down massive posts, so that only people who really want to read it can and it doesn't clog the forum.
[/spoiler]
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Garsemor on January 30, 2011, 07:08:18 AM
Killed by by Quintinga Ti'fiona, interesting. I guess we know what happened to him now... OR DO WE?

(warning: crazy speculation inbound)

Ok, so here's what suspect may have happened. The information if fake, in fact there is no Quintinga Ti'fiona or isn't any more but rather Aniz who had taken his place after killing him (Identically to what happened to Cid). After failing to ho have a cubi child (Edward) he killed it and took it's place (hey he is crazy, it's possible).

What the hell are you smoking? Look at Alexsi's cast page. Quintinga was her MOTHER. So Aniz killing her and taking her place so that he could get Edward pregnant isn't likely to work. Now, I know that Aniz is supposed to have gone insane, but really, there are limits on his insanity, here.

Sheesh. Basic identification, guys. Is it really that hard to figure out which ones are girls and which ones are guys?

Garsemor

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2011, 07:22:53 AM
What the hell are you smoking? Look at Alexsi's cast page. Quintinga was her MOTHER. So Aniz killing her and taking her place so that he could get Edward pregnant isn't likely to work. Now, I know that Aniz is supposed to have gone insane, but really, there are limits on his insanity, here.

Sheesh. Basic identification, guys. Is it really that hard to figure out which ones are girls and which ones are guys?

Well there goes my Theory, oh well. Untill next we meet, muahaHAHAHA. (also there needs to be a ninja vanish emot)

Sofox

Okay, this is kinda confusing.

Around 1963 Alexsi was born, around 1965 Dan was born.
In that short space of time:

Alexsi's mother killed Aniz (1964).
Alexi's mother died. (Battle injuries? Too obvious?)
Edward "by chance" meets Destina (Who just HAPPENED to be a mortal enemy of Aniz?)
Edward marries Destina (Wha? Less than 2 years [probably a lot less], that's certainly taking "you need to move on" to heart)
Dan is conceived (whoa, wasted no time getting back in the saddle)

This...  is a lot of events to be taking place around the same time. DMFA does have coincidences but not like this.

You know, on reflection, there may be one detail above that I'm wrong about. There's nothing specifically saying Edward and Destina meet during that short period of time. The flashbacks doesn't anchor the meeting to any particular time and is ambigous the amount of time between the meeting and marrying. I wonder if I'm onto something with that line of thought?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sofox on January 30, 2011, 07:00:28 AM
Wait a sec...

The comic is set in 1990?

Yeah, I'd love to know how the calendar works.  The significance of the name or other descriptor after the year, for instance...

I guess the big question from this comic is whether Aniz actually is dead or whether he pulled another Cid and disposed of Quintinga to help cover up.  Either way it's not good, since it either means that Aniz is dead and never recovered/made up with Dee, or Aniz faked his death and Dan has two psychos for parents.

If Aniz is dead, I still cannot understand what Dee saw in Edward, or why she wanted to de-soul him.

Anyway, while this strip is pure speculation fodder, I'm going to try and leave it there to try not to annoy Mao too much.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sind

I actually never thought Alexis Biological mother would play any part in this comic, and then THIS is reveled? :.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sofox on January 30, 2011, 07:36:53 AM
Okay, this is kinda confusing.

Edward "by chance" meets Destina (Who just HAPPENED to be a mortal enemy of Aniz?)
Edward marries Destina (Wha? Less than 2 years [probably a lot less], that's certainly taking "you need to move on" to heart)

I believe the number of two months was bandied about.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2011, 07:45:49 AM
Yeah, I'd love to know how the calendar works.  The significance of the name or other descriptor after the year, for instance...

Place name, I figured. The stilted phrasing is Macy reading it off the screen, as one does. It's people who interpret things, and she hasn't been taught how yet.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2011, 07:45:49 AM
I guess the big question from this comic is whether Aniz actually is dead or whether he pulled another Cid and disposed of Quintinga to help cover up.  Either way it's not good, since it either means that Aniz is dead and never recovered/made up with Dee, or Aniz faked his death and Dan has two psychos for parents.

Well, Abel was registered in Zinvth; the soul-stone thingy, if you recall, that Kria handed to him. I would guess that Aniz, in his Cid guise, was similarly registered, and that, once it was known who the heck he really was, Kria would have edited his file and hence they could tell if Aniz showed up with someone else's head and claimed it was his.

And since Kria definitely wants Aniz' head on a platter, you can bet she'd be testing that very carefully.

Secondly, as I mentioned above, why would he take the place of someone female? It's not like he could impregnate Ed. The most he could get out of it would be a couple months free to run for it, which I spose is slightly helpful. But he still has to come up with a way of getting out of being Quintinga, without leaving someone wondering where her corpse went. And... since Ed married Dee, one would presume that he was certain that his previous wife, Quinnie, was deceased.

Otherwise, what's going to happen? She come home from adventuring and finding him in bed with a succubi? That'd go down well...

Shachza

At first I read it as "Quain'tana."  I began to postulate on the effects of Alexi having an aggressive Drowtales mercenary Queen for a mother and what that would mean for the Ti'Fiona family.

I'm just gonna' pretend I didn't reread the comic because something clearly wasn't right in what I had read; having Quain'tana as her mom makes Alexi a lot more interesting.

:,
            <-- #1 that is!

Sofox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2011, 08:33:25 AM
I believe the number of two months was bandied about.

Dargh. And it screws up my line of thought as well.

Though if I want to be pedantic (and being that I'm posting details about a webcomic on an internet forum that's a given), I was referring to time after Edward's first(?) wife dies, not after he first meets Destina.

Tapewolf

Place name, I figured. The stilted phrasing is Macy reading it off the screen, as one does. It's people who interpret things, and she hasn't been taught how yet.

I wasn't so sure - it would mean that Abel was born and registered at Zinvth in the same location, which doesn't work for me.

QuoteWell, Abel was registered in Zinvth; the soul-stone thingy, if you recall, that Kria handed to him. I would guess that Aniz, in his Cid guise, was similarly registered, and that, once it was known who the heck he really was, Kria would have edited his file and hence they could tell if Aniz showed up with someone else's head and claimed it was his.
And since Kria definitely wants Aniz' head on a platter, you can bet she'd be testing that very carefully.

That only works if Quintinga claimed the bounty.  If it was a chance encounter, she probably wouldn't even know there was one.

QuoteSecondly, as I mentioned above, why would he take the place of someone female?

Okay, evidently I'll have to clarify my earlier point.  I'm not suggesting he did, I'm suggesting he became Edward.  We don't know how Quintinga died - it might have been from her injuries.  But if she's dead, she isn't going to notice that Edward isn't quite the same.  It would be very, very convenient if she wasn't around anymore.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2011, 08:58:46 AM

I wasn't so sure - it would mean that Abel was born and registered at Zinvth in the same location, which doesn't work for me.

I presume that that's "moved here from Zelith", not "is living in Zelith"; we don't have a registered line for May or Aniz, so we can't compare that, though.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2011, 08:58:46 AM
QuoteSecondly, as I mentioned above, why would he take the place of someone female?
Okay, evidently I'll have to clarify my earlier point.  I'm not suggesting he did, I'm suggesting he became Edward.  We don't know how Quintinga died - it might have been from her injuries.  But if she's dead, she isn't going to notice that Edward isn't quite the same.  It would be very, very convenient if she wasn't around anymore.

It still doesn't explain why Aniz would hide himself from Destania, why Destania would rename herself to Dee, and why on earth Aniz would have a child with any other Cubi, since almost anyone he did that with, the child wouldn't be Siar, it'd be the other Cubi's clan. Nor does it cover why Dee stuck with his cover. Nor why the Dragon's "have him", rather than just killing him out of hand. Nor does it cover why Dee didn't see through his cover.

And killing Quintinga isn't on his modus operandi anyway - he hid who he was from May for 24 years, why shouldn't he do the same with her? I mean, he can read her mind, for crying out loud. If not while she's awake, he can certainly go in there when she's asleep. May didn't suspect a thing. Why should Quintinga be any different? No motive, no gain. In fact, he has a solid motive for _not_ killing her - he could easily have a child with her, and said child would be just a little bit early for going to SAIA.

I have to say, the whole Ed/Aniz theory? Very weak. Very weak indeed.

joshofspam

Hmmmmm... then again being caught trying to kill and replace her husband might have been what got her ire up.

At the very least she must have thought she made the kill. Maybe it was a failed attempt to try and pull a Cid. After all talking how wonderful, kind, and sweet Quintinga was, could mislead him to believe that she was another perfect May like relationship in the making. All right up to the attempted and the hammer fall on Aniz's head when she catches up with them seeing Aniz trying to take Edwards soul.

Edward seemed like a person that explained things in interesting ways.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anker Steadfast

*throws muffin at Amber*

Well played .. well played indeed !

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Chibi Abel and now he shall take over .. THE WORLD !  :U

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2011, 09:17:33 AM

At this point I'd be inclined to agree.

However, the fact that Destania married Edward at all makes no sense whatsoever with our current understanding.

It took Aniz decades to get anywhere with her and by all accounts she closed up even worse after Aniz left her.
Then some random Being she tried to kill was not only able to stop her killing them, but get to the point of marrying her in two months, which Aniz never managed to do in several centuries. If a fanfic writer wrote this, they'd be laughed out of town.
I cannot easily believe that this happened without a good reason, and for all its faults, the Edward-Aniz theory solved that problem.  If that's not what happened, it's going to be interesting to find out what did.

joshofspam

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 30, 2011, 10:07:48 AM
*throws muffin at Amber*

Well played .. well played indeed !

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Chibi Abel and now he shall take over .. THE WORLD !  :U

Notice this is not the first time that Gummi bears have been brought into the story.

I seem to remember a certain song being song to Dan while fighting dark pegasus.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay Not to Spoil the wild speculations  but....

It's this the public record, or real record of Aniz's dead....I remember that Fa' lina seems to think that, he was alive somewhere... Oh Fa' lina doesn't know where, but she seem to be acting like, he would be returning with another kid to SAIA, soon. And push Abel out into the world.

Also Quintinga....Who?  I must have missed the comic when Alexsi's mother was named.  Oh I know she was an Amazon and all.  And she die two years before Destania shows up.     mmmmm.

What was it that make Abel so admirer Dan in the first place.?  Well not Dan per say, but his dad...?

Edit--

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2011, 10:09:39 AM

At this point I'd be inclined to agree.

However, the fact that Destania married Edward at all makes no sense whatsoever with our current understanding.

Aniz being Edward would be awkward in the fact that DAN grew up to be an Being friendly Adventurer who kills Monsters and Demons

PBH

Ghostwish

Trying to shoot down fan theories with logic and common sense? Good luck. In fact, lots of good luck. You're going to need it. :P

My theory?

Aniz apparently had a run-in with an amazon.

That sucker is dead. 'Nuff said.

P.S. Hunnydew - Start at Amber's rant. The name Quintinga has been around longer than I can remember.

Infranscia

So I guess the gummy bear is another part of Abel's dream?

Anyway, whether or not this connects with the Edward/Aniz thing (whether Aniz actually is dead or people just think he's dead), I think this might explain why and how Abel reacted when Ink mentioned Edward.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Sofox on January 30, 2011, 07:36:53 AM

Dan is conceived (whoa, wasted no time getting back in the saddle)

This...  is a lot of events to be taking place around the same time. DMFA does have coincidences but not like this.

Timelines aside, I do recall Dan mentioning something about most adventurers being retired/ dead by 25 (or something like that)...Edward had to move quickly, in the interest of accomplishing something...Either that, or it's just major plot convenience :)
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Gamma

* Mental overload from recent amounts of cute and speculation causing information.*

Gamma's brain is not in at the moment, please leave a message after the tone.
... Oink!

But seriously I had to gush about the cute for a moment.
And, sorry but I'm not going to add to the speculatory bonfire at the moment. I'll just see how it all plays out in comic.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

VAE

It could make sense - He obviously skulked somewhere around the Ti'Fiona family ,  Alexsi's mother (possibly, could have been some grandparent even) killed him, then Destania took notice he was seen, tracked him, and the events described took place
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth