11/19/2010 [DMFA Year 10] 10 years of low CON rolls.

Started by Turnsky, November 19, 2010, 05:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Seriously though, keep it up, Amber, and in celebration.

you get fanarts.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

According to Wikipedia's list of noteable webcomics, that's already two-thirds of the period of the longest-running web comic ever. So yeah, keep it up :P

Shachza

It's just what I expected, though if Amber can stand to keep drawing DMFA, then it's still exactly what I wanted.  Thanks Amber!

Quote from: Turnsky on November 19, 2010, 05:29:17 AM
you get fanarts.  :3

Wait a sec...  Did you take time off from your own webcomic to draw that?!  GET BACK TO WORK!  *Brandishes a wet spaghetti noodle menacingly* :mwaha
            <-- #1 that is!

Alondro

*Charline would cheer and celebrate, but is too lazy... floomps... sleepy lion kitty*  

*Charles does celebrate!  With disco!*   :disco   :villagepeople

*Alondro peeps in and decides the post is not too weird*  So fine this task, a decade borne on shoulders and tired aching wrists and illness often; entertainment to many pimpled youths, smiling faces lightened in shades of pale blue cast by their monitor screens.  Rise with pride at thy perseverance, dear Amber.  *Alondro is a noble and talks all fancy-like*  :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Arcblade

Sweet fanart, Turnsky. 

Well, whether DMFA lives for another year, or another ten, I'll be around for the ride.  Rock on, Amber. 

Gabi

Congratulations on 10 years of wonderful insanity! And interesting plots too, of course. :mowgrin

Here's to many more.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bilbo-sama

Ten years....

I'm starting to feel old and I've only started reading DMFA around the first time the comic dealt with Dark Pegasus...which makes it....8 or 9 years for me?

Also is it just me or is the sword in that fanart glowing?  :U

(Yeah. Hi. I still exist. 'Sup guys.  :) )

VAE

And other sources of delectable caffeine as well

Happy birthday, comic of comics!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

MT Hazard

Well done Amber, bet you never though a what started as a commission comic for a friend would still be going a decade later!

Now you have a well established, well loved webcomic with a legion of friendly relatively sane* readers.

You have handled all of this with the minimum of breakdowns, even when getting hitched and moving to another country.

Good job and all the best for the future.

*I've looked at the forums for some other webcomics, some of those guys are nuts.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Sofox

Amber, I've loved your comic since I started reading it (well, at least since 80 comics in from the start of the archive). Your comics have given us great moments and great humour. Rock on and thanks.

Cassi-kun

I'm not sure how long I've been reading but woo, congratulations on making it ten years!
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Cassi-kun on November 19, 2010, 01:55:27 PM
I'm not sure how long I've been reading but woo, congratulations on making it ten years!
Same here, although I can guess based on when I started posting here.  :3 I remember I was still in College... *reminisces*
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

lilpuppy23

Hmm... Ten years...

Lets see... what was I doing ten years ago...

I was what? 9? 10?
Minding my own business... 9/11 just happened... Or am I a year off?
Gawd that was a Looooooooooong time ago... At least in my head...

Tangent

Happy Ten Year Anniversary, Amber!

Thank you. I don't quite remember when I started reading DMFA... but given that CRfH and EGS have descended into the dark pit of suck while DMFA continues to rock with both humor AND drama intermingled beautifully into a delicious alloy... well, that says something about your skills as a cartoonist and writer.

Take care, Amber. =^-^=
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 19, 2010, 10:46:36 AM
Quote from: Gabi on November 19, 2010, 10:26:14 AM
Here's to many more.

Tea! *glomp*

Hey, Don't drink it all.....*pulls the tea pot out of the Box*

THanks

THANK YOU AMber for all the lovable characters and wit.

I have something I just have to find it.  No no but it is here.. :mowdizzy
PBH

Tapewolf

I've been horribly busy and missed this, but congratulations for reaching the ten-year mark!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Tangent on November 19, 2010, 07:46:05 PM
DMFA continues to rock with both humor AND drama intermingled beautifully into a delicious alloy... well, that says something about your skills as a cartoonist and writer.

Well said. Amber has accomplished more in ten years than some artists/ cartoonists do in a lifetime. It's been a long, strange, wonderful trip, and I for one, plan on sticking around till the very end.  :mowhappy
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Prof B Hunnydew

AmigaDragon

QuoteHolidays are meant for lazy! Even made up ones!
Aren't they all made up?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Skodak

I made an account just so I could say congrats for the amount of time you've been up for. 10 years is just a long time no matter how old you are so I think that's a sign of success for you.  I suppose now I'll just have to use it every now and again

Talis Mahn

Congratulations on making it 10 years, Amber!   Thank you for such a fun and addicting comic!  Its been a pleasure watching it grow and change!

Keep up the great work! :mowsmile

ooklah

10 years ago, I hadn't even started reading web comics yet.  :erk

Congrats for 10 years!  :mowhappy
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Tangent

Quote from: ooklah on November 21, 2010, 03:19:42 AM
10 years ago, I hadn't even started reading web comics yet.  :erk

Congrats for 10 years!  :mowhappy
I had. But only by a month. ^^;;
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews