10/17/2010 [DMFA #1157] - Not going down t' Pit

Started by Tapewolf, October 17, 2010, 05:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Apparently Wildy is going to be coaching Dan after all...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

Well, it's a good attempt at trying to pacify him.
Not sure if it's all that successful, it seems Dan is not quite as susceptible to her feminine wiles as previously imagined.

Also, Fi is totally enjoying himself in the background. :)

On a sidenote, Amber linking Beyond the Veil is awesome.
Even more awesome is that there's a Mow at the fight.

:D

I've been reading it for a while and it has moments of greatness between the wildly fluctuating art and fillers.
There's great potential in it, and both artist and writer seems both quite capable and entertaining.

I expect that once they've done the webcomic thing as long as Amber has, that they'll be telling truly epic adventures!

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mao

Mmm, force fed balls of yarn.  It's like my Egyptian dream where I'm hand fed grapes by beautiful women.  Only this time it's force fed yarn.

Eh, close enough.

ShadesFox

Certainly a good way to up the fiber intake.  Though I'm not giving up the wine and grape dream.  With amazons.
The All Purpose Fox

bradypodidae

Wildy has to have ulterior motives... unless she's on board strictly for the entertainment value.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Naldru

Nobody's mentioned recently that Wildy could be looking for another meeting with Regina.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Naldru on October 17, 2010, 10:44:11 AM
Nobody's mentioned recently that Wildy could be looking for another meeting with Regina.

I don't think that Wildy was invited was she?

And threats of violence don't count? Dang I should inform my sister of this, she's been doing it wrong for years.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Prof B Hunnydew

Yarn?  Oh oh  Me ME ME Give me the ball...  OOOO Oh oh ooo Me  Aaaaawwwwpleaeeeeeeeeese

But, Wildy may not be invited, that is not going to stop her from playing Dan's backup and watching the Drama from the tree in the yard.

Dan is finally growing up if the ball pit has so little effect..

:mowdizzy **Dives into ball pit**  :mowdizzy   Weeeee
PBH

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I can certainly say that my eyes scream "Feed me a yarn ball please"! :eager

I personally think that Wildy is helping Dan not only for her own amusement, but in hopes that Regina will show around; so she can get her payback. As Prof B Hunnydew mentioned, she could hang out in a tree in a yard and spy through the window; and the second Regina or any other crap goes down make an entrance that only Wildy can do.  :mowwink

joshofspam

Wildy has a way of using things in a way you wished she didn't.

But I think Wildy won't be to far behind Dan if this is another one of her start a fight routines. She was there first hand when Dan and Meriltz got into a fight at the night club. Maybe Biggs has enough pull to demand invitations and his sister will beat his demand out of him.

Ahhhh, Brotherly and Sisterly love.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Fragmaster01

Silly Dan, yarn is the best kind of wile.
In other aspects, liking the Dan-face here, looks more like Dan while keeping the upgrade in art style. Here's hoping at the end of the day you can find a way of drawing them that makes you happy.

MT Hazard

I do wonder about creature maturity relating to age.

Dan seem to being forced to grow up over the last few weeks (comic time) and I've always amazed at ambers ability to portray characters who seem to fit in a particular age group* (e.g Fa'lina is definitely an older woman, late sixties perhaps, while Kria seems more late 40's ) but despite there age they often seem slightly immature. This can be in sharp contrast to the being and half being characters.

Dan could live for thousands of years, could the apparent immaturity of creatures serve as a safe guard for their sanity?

* When drawing ageless creatures covered in fur.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 17, 2010, 03:55:57 PM
Dan could live for thousands of years, could the apparent immaturity of creatures serve as a safe guard for their sanity?

What's the point in living for thousands of years if you can't have fun?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Attic Rat

It disturbs me that Dan is being the thoughtful and cautious one in this conversation.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

lilpuppy23

I notice the yarn ball pit is quite large, and quite deep.

I wonder how much yarn is in there?

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 17, 2010, 04:23:25 PM
What's the point in living for thousands of years if you can't have fun?

Well said.

Has anyone else noticed this is probably the first time a threat of violence from Wildy hasn't gotten Dan to back down?
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on October 17, 2010, 04:48:22 PM

This is the big kid pool..... he hehehehe   **batting yarn balls at little puppy23 **

PBH

Lego3400

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on October 17, 2010, 04:48:22 PM

Not as much as there used to be !

.. on a related sidenote, a small island which wildy visited recently, suddenly has lots of yarn popping out from nowhere ! :D

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm sure Wildy left a thriving business there, shipping all the stuff back to Lost Lake and selling it back to the original owners...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anker Steadfast

Ahaaa ... so that's why Wildy never has to go to work!

Clever.

joshofspam

I'm not sure, but could Dan be maturing a bit?

We know he's getting over things he just assumed about creature. But some beings seem to have a nature just as questionable as Demon's. Maybe the relation to Biggs and Dan's mother working for him has him questioning anything that sounds like manipulation that comes from Wildy. It does seem that he is progressively getting more challenging with her.

Though sometimes I wonder if Dan's always had a blind spot for "being" evil or if Wildy and Biggs had an Angel for a parent?

terrycloth

I don't see anything here that isn't typical Dan behavior. We've never seen him be prejudiced against *demons* -- just cubi. And even that was only after he found out he was one.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: terrycloth on October 18, 2010, 06:28:19 PM
I don't see anything here that isn't typical Dan behavior. We've never seen him be prejudiced against *demons* -- just cubi. And even that was only after he found out he was one.

I thought Cubi's had a more general prejudice against them then other demon races, the whole shapeshifting and mindreading thing makes many nervous.  Throw in souleating by a few bad apples, they all become guilty by default.  Dan learned his cubi lore from other adventurers.  The Whole Dragon and Cubi war should be remembered by many creatures, too.

PBH

Dagardo

I look at Dan in the first panel and kinda see Cid, but without the goatee and half as many hair locks.

joshofspam

Is this plot still going to Destania's plans?

What if Regina was the actual target? That would  make the whole point of Dan going to this party pointless to her. But could that be what Wildy is for?

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: joshofspam on October 21, 2010, 02:32:21 PM
Is this plot still going to Destania's plans?

What if Regina was the actual target? That would  make the whole point of Dan going to this party pointless to her. But could that be what Wildy is for?

The party is to distract Dan, I think.  I would be surprise if Kria and Destania aren't friends in some way.  Yet an interesting question, Would Destania employ Wildy into her plans, even indirectly (Having "Biggs" trick her into doing something for the main plan?)   

PBH

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on October 17, 2010, 05:50:30 AM
Also, Fi is totally enjoying himself in the background. :)

Hopefully Fi doesn't "eat" all the balls. Who would be stuck with paying for them?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen