Why Akisohida has been gone

Started by Akisohida, October 16, 2010, 02:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

Yeah so..crazy few months.

Been jobless for over a year and mostly job hunting.

Been going in for MRIs and such about my inability to remember things, which led to my lack of a job.

My 360 red rings and before I can send it in, life kicks me in the sensitive area with a second punch; My room mates friend comes over, gets drunk and gets angry. Grabs a heavy book and WINGS it across the room..and smashes the front of my 360. :mowsad

I doubt the warrenty covers THAT so I am pretty much outta luck.

Tempted to ask for small donations of $1 or something and see if I can raise enough for a used 360, since the hard drive and wireless adaptor were already removed, so they survived, but I really have no right to do that.

So..enjoy the dancing zombies I inspired someone to animate a few years back! Kirby, if you will sing em in?
:kirby :kirby :kirby :kirby
:zombiekun2 :zombiekun2 :zombiekun2 :zombiekun2 :zombiekun2 :zombiekun2
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

techmaster-glitch

Oheya, spider-person. Was wondering why you hadn't been around in while...but dang. That's terrible stuff :eek Hope things look up for you soon...

VAE

Can't you demand the money off him?
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Mao

Just going to move this thread to the villa since it's less about DMFA and more of an announcement.  Welcome back and sorry to hear about your troubles.

Akisohida

Quote from: danman on October 16, 2010, 02:31:40 PM
Can't you demand the money off him?

I wish, he's broker than I am. >.>

See, this town has a Dominoes, Papa Ginos, Wal-Mart, Big Lots, Stop & Shop, movie theater, Wendy's, CVS, and Taco Bell for 'big businesses'. None are hiring, so he is in the same boat as me, hence his getting drunk and angry. Every other business is a small, family-owned type of place where they never hire.

Yes, Gardner lacks much business. >.<
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Call up and ask about the 360. The RROD should be repairable, even if they don't repair the pretty front. And, worst case, you haven't lost anything.

Best case, they say "oh, the plastic front? that's nothing, we'll fix that while we fix the RROD"

.. middle ground, they ask you for money for the plastic bit. Either way, you're much better off, since at least you'll know where you stand, rather than assuming the worst and working with that...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Akisohida

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2010, 03:05:24 PM
... Call up and ask about the 360. The RROD should be repairable, even if they don't repair the pretty front. And, worst case, you haven't lost anything.

Best case, they say "oh, the plastic front? that's nothing, we'll fix that while we fix the RROD"

.. middle ground, they ask you for money for the plastic bit. Either way, you're much better off, since at least you'll know where you stand, rather than assuming the worst and working with that...

I already trashed the 360 man. It was SMASHED. Lemmy photograph the book that went flying. It is 569 pages (601 if you count the hard front and back), larger than my head, and freaking HEAVY. It is old (which he got in trouble for from my roomy) and called 'Picturesque America'

I used my friends PS2 slim and an empty pepsi can to give you an idea how big this book is. If I had to guess at weight..around 8-10 pounds? It is enough to seriously injure your foot if you drop it, I know that, and it was pushed against a wall (therefor no dissipation of energy upon impact) and our livingroom is only around 12 feet from futon to cd tower I had it sitting on (up where the cat could not shed on it)

The book

Book with PS2 Slim on it

PS2 Slim showing width

Thickness

Pepsi Can showing thickness

Pepsi can showing height

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah. That's a heavy book.

I think my point still stands, albeit a bit lonely-like, since it doesn't have a 360 to stand anywhere near anymore ;-]

Akisohida

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2010, 04:36:03 PM
Ah. That's a heavy book.

I think my point still stands, albeit a bit lonely-like, since it doesn't have a 360 to stand anywhere near anymore ;-]

Goes beyond heavy. :P

I am tempted to ask for donations (130 people donating $1 would net me a used 360 at my local gamestop) but I am not going to post any info unless Amber and her bro (They run the forums, yes?) gave the OK..and I dunno how to contact them so dotdotdot meh. XP

(Edit: I am replying fast because I am spending the day doing dishes for my room mate, before anyone asks. XP )

Inumo

I think Damaris runs the forums...

Mao

Indeed.  Amber is a mod but she is not one of the admins.  Darkmoon and Damaris are the ones who are large and in charge around here.  Though the ownership title (and admin) falls to Damaris.  llearch also has admin rights , but he tends to focus on the code monkey aspect of the place rather than the large and in charge aspect.

Which is why it always amuses me when people e-mail Amber about having problems with a decision that the other mods have made because 1) we usually all talk to one another before doing anything and 2) Really?  They think she's nice?  Have they never spoken to her?  She's more of a troll than I am!

Darkmoon

I believe the last time an email complaint came in to Amber, out collective response was "Get fucked."

To be fair, though, it was someone complaining over a perma-ban, and those rules are quite clear.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Damaris

Also, to your question, we do not allow advertising outside of the signature area. You're more than welcome to put some information in your signature, but please do not make a post pointing it out, as that would be a violation of the rules.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Mao

Quote from: Darkmoon on October 17, 2010, 10:35:12 AM
I believe the last time an email complaint came in to Amber, out collective response was "Get fucked."

To be fair, though, it was someone complaining over a perma-ban, and those rules are quite clear.

I still believe that should have been:  "Get fucked.  With a lead pipe."

Add impact, y'know?

Akisohida

Quote from: Damaris on October 17, 2010, 11:09:38 AM
Also, to your question, we do not allow advertising outside of the signature area. You're more than welcome to put some information in your signature, but please do not make a post pointing it out, as that would be a violation of the rules.

Thank you for clearing it up for me. :)

And Mao; some trolls can be funny as hades. I love adminning my clans servers in TF2 and being sarcastic to the evil trolls.

..Guess I will put a small 'Trying to raise money to replace my busted 360' hyperlink to my paypal in my sig, then? That would within the rules and what have I got to loose, eh?

Edit Edit: Apparently the link they generate is about 1000 characters too long and tinyurl could not properly shorten it, so I just posted what you see in my sig now. Just tell me if it is not proper.

Edit: Apparently I loose any credibility to being smart. I can not figure out where I find the link I would need to use via paypal. o.o

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Have you a webserver? You can generate a webpage on that.

Heck, if that's all there is to it, I can whip up a page with a donation link on it in minutes. Admittedly it'd be _my_ donation link, but hey... ;-]

(seriously, though, if you want that, just speak to me via PM. Or catch me on the IRC, that'd work too...)

Akisohida

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 17, 2010, 02:01:24 PM
Heh. Have you a webserver? You can generate a webpage on that.

Heck, if that's all there is to it, I can whip up a page with a donation link on it in minutes. Admittedly it'd be _my_ donation link, but hey... ;-]

(seriously, though, if you want that, just speak to me via PM. Or catch me on the IRC, that'd work too...)

I appreciate that but this is enough. It does not stand out to scream for attention, and if someone reads it and wishes to donate, it points out that it is via paypal (which is safe) and gives my paypal email so they know who to send it too.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Righto, well, if you're happy with it, it's fine, then.

Akisohida

BTW llearch. It took me until yesterday to figure out what your name actually says. After all the time you have I have been on the DMFA forums..Sad, eh? :)

llearch n'n'daCorna