No story/plot submissions please

Started by Darc_Sowers, October 05, 2010, 02:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darc_Sowers

Hey, guys. Many here are new to CN:H. As a result, I wanted to point out something quick. CN:H has a TOS statement. Please do read it. It's short, to the point, and will stop me wanting to lob mutant guinea pigs at you.

The main thing that needs to be pointed out, as always for some reason, seems to be the story/plot submission bit:

The 'Code Name: Hunter' series is already plotted out to its conclusion. While suggestions of story, plot, or characters are appreciated, we've been advised to avoid accepting them.

In other words, I do not take plot submissions. While I understand this is the result of enthusiasm for CN:H - an enthusiasm which is very much appreciated - it leaves me feeling a little uneasy. I've said it many times before, Matt and I can not - and will not - accept story ideas and submissions. It's a legal nightmare.

I'm not willing to play favorites - someone's feelings always get hurt that way - nor am I willing to give in to everyone. So, I must continue doing what I feel is best for the comic... and my business.

So please, no hard feelings?

Edit: Also, since the question comes up often, fan fiction is fine. I just ask that you understand that Matt and I won't read it. This isn't to offend anyone, it's to avoid accusations of us stealing someone's ideas. Sound cool?

Talvin

This means, among other things: if you do it here in the London Underground forum, we are going to split it out and either delete it or send it to the Abandoned Mine to be mocked.

That's part of why I am around.  Since I am not involved in the creative process for RCSI (I usually find out about plot developments when everybody else does, and when I find out early, I have to keep quiet about it), I can safely handle the "dangerous" stuff and get it out of the way for Darc and Matt.

It's the way it has to be.
I don't expect Positive Karma.  If I get it, I am probably doing something wrong.

Amber Williams

BUT MAH FANFICTIONS! :U

How will they become canon if you don't take them into your comic!? D:

Darkmoon

And here I was gonna do a Code Name: Hunter/Tiny Toons crossover and get Matt to publish it. Now, that dream is ruined...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Amber Williams

Man. Webcomic authors are such jerks aren't they Darkmoon.  Stupid elitists with their "continuity" and self-made universes.   >:[

Talvin

Shush!

If I can't have my Dr. Demento/Star Trek:TOS/CN:H Crossover Fanfic, you can't have yours!   :<

Kirk: "SPOCK! This world. Is filled with. Talking. ANIMALS!"

Spock: "It's Life, Jim!
"But not as we know it, not as we know it.
"It's Life, Jim! But not as we know it, Captain!"
I don't expect Positive Karma.  If I get it, I am probably doing something wrong.

HEX the Dark

How about Alien vs Predator vs Terminator vs CN:H ?

Gyr

Hey man, if I can't even get my fanfictions published, how the hell do you expect me to even look at yours.  :B

Code Name: Hunter
Adventure, Magic and Hounds with Guns.

HEX the Dark

From a far away distance, best behind several inches of bullet proof glass ;)

Darc_Sowers

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 05, 2010, 05:06:37 PM
Man. Webcomic authors are such jerks aren't they Darkmoon.  Stupid elitists with their "continuity" and self-made universes.   >:[

Ooo, I've heard about you, woman! You and your smudge fics. You're a dirty girl!  ;)

Amber Williams

MY ROMANTIC LITERATURE IS THE FINEST OF CLASS EVER! :C

Darkmoon

Yeah! This is why I stick to only make interpretive puppet shows on YouTube for the comics I like!

llearch n'n'daCorna

... The Potter Puppet Pals? Or are we talking more like this (NSFW - even the URL) ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Hey, if it's one innate ability all webcomic authors have, it's to be completely evil to those who pen fanfics, regardless of whether or not the plot's set in stone, or one just writes it on-the-fly.   :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Darc_Sowers

*blinks* Okay, that link was both amusing and confusing. I wonder if they're coming to Boston?  >:3

HEX the Dark

You are some wicked people  :erk

well, that's what I like  :)

Darkmoon

Quote from: Turnsky on October 06, 2010, 09:36:47 AM

Hey, if it's one innate ability all webcomic authors have, it's to be completely evil to those who pen fanfics, regardless of whether or not the plot's set in stone, or one just writes it on-the-fly.   :P

I swear if any of the people that have "threatened" to do fanfics of CVRPG actually do it, I will read them just so I can purposefully violate the continuity they're trying to make.

llearch n'n'daCorna

hehehehe.

I'm tempted to write a fanfic of CVRPG that violates all known ethics, but the problem is twofold. One, Darkmoon violates all his characters anyway, and two, I lack the creative spark to actually go anywhere with it.

Oh, and three, I'm mildly busy, as usual...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

And isn't CVRPG just a big fanfic anyway?

LionkingCMSL

I have to disagree with that statement. I know a few web comic authors who are completely awesome to the fan-fic writers of their comics. John "the Gneech" Robey being one of them. :=3

When it's a tie at a grade crossing, YOU lose.

A PSA from the railroading lion and Operation Lifesaver.

LionkingCMSL

Quote from: Gyr on October 05, 2010, 05:27:27 PM
Hey man, if I can't even get my fanfictions published, how the hell do you expect me to even look at yours.  :B

By us begging on our hands and knees. :=3

I just had an evil thought. What if you wrote a fanfic between my characters and CN:H? I'd put it up on my site. :=3
Some of my stories, with no CN:H references, can be found here: http://users.snip.net/~lionking/ . Just scroll down the page. :=3

Mao

Please don't double post.  In the future, you can edit your first post and include the additional stuff you wanted to say.  That out of the way, welcome to CMF.  Please read the rules and enjoy your stay.

LionkingCMSL

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 11, 2011, 12:39:16 PM
Please don't double post.  In the future, you can edit your first post and include the additional stuff you wanted to say.  That out of the way, welcome to CMF.  Please read the rules and enjoy your stay.

I don't consider that a double post, as it was two replies to two different people. Editing the first post would not let the second person know I replied to them. I will, however, reconsider how I reply to entries.

Thanks for the welcome and the rules have been read and understood.

Mao

Cool.  The rule that covers it (Rule V) explains it well enough and the reasoning behind it.  Make sure you check out some of the other comics that we host forums for here (if you don't already). :3

e_voyager

Quote from: Darkmoon on October 06, 2010, 01:49:08 PM

I swear if any of the people that have "threatened" to do fanfics of CVRPG actually do it, I will read them just so I can purposefully violate the continuity they're trying to make.

I'd like to think that many of the better fan fiction writers are wise enough not to show off there work.  I'll let you gather what you may from that.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey