Started by Inumo, September 10, 2010, 12:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inumo

It is worth it.

Edit:
Corrected your thread title. HTH, HAND.
 -- llearch

Alondro

*Charline imagines what comes next as Abel stares at Jyrras*  He's thinking "I won't ask myself these questions if I just become pure evil.  Sooooo, might as well eat his soul!  Om nom nom!"  *giggles gleefully as she imagines the delightful ebil*   :giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Baal Hadad

Tapewolf

I dunno, I'm not sure there's not really much Abel can achieve within the Academy, unless he starts writing training materials or something.  Outside seems a better bet to me, drawbacks and all...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 10, 2010, 03:36:51 AM
I dunno, I'm not sure there's not really much Abel can achieve within the Academy, unless he starts writing training materials or something.  Outside seems a better bet to me, drawbacks and all...

Well, he could become a teacher. He likes to teach, right? Right?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Bjalf on September 10, 2010, 04:46:27 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 10, 2010, 03:36:51 AM
Well, he could become a teacher. He likes to teach, right? Right?

How apt. "Those than can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't teach, administrate." ...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lucheek

Naldru

Those who can't teach also become professors in the education department at the universities.

However, a thought just occurred to me.  Cubi can enter the dreams of sleeping individuals.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on September 10, 2010, 07:04:24 AM
However, a thought just occurred to me.  Cubi can enter the dreams of sleeping individuals.

Yes.  I have been wondering if that's on the menu for this particular arc.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 10, 2010, 07:32:37 AM
Quote from: Naldru on September 10, 2010, 07:04:24 AM

Liver, Fava Beans, and a nice Chianti.

:U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ghostwish

Abel:

Not until after you take care of your sire.

Or let Aaryanna do it. I'm sure you two could negotiate a 'price', nyah ha ha.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 10, 2010, 07:32:37 AM
Quote from: Naldru on September 10, 2010, 07:04:24 AMHowever, a thought just occurred to me.  Cubi can enter the dreams of sleeping individuals.

But wasn't there also something about it being rather difficult, and rarely mastered ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on September 10, 2010, 10:35:09 AM
But wasn't there also something about it being rather difficult, and rarely mastered ?

Not that I'm aware of.  Trying to assert control of the dream seems to be very difficult, according to the demonology series, but just casually surfing doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 10, 2010, 10:39:51 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on September 10, 2010, 10:35:09 AM

Not that I'm aware of.  Trying to assert control of the dream seems to be very difficult, according to the demonology series, but just casually surfing doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Though that series also mentioned a problem of other dream walkers other than Cubi.

Its strange that cubi who are mostly known for their sneaking around unnoticed as beings, Abel seems to be stunted in social grace's.

Sure. Abel can do all the things to remain unnoticed. But Abel seems to try things that keep people at a distance.

Though Abel seems to be getting along with all the characters at Lost Inn at different level. Alexis and Jyrras seem to be among the ones he mostly gets along the most with. Heh. Abel seems to have a brothers and sisters when he's at Alexis's Inn.

Maybe this is about more than socializing Abel? Like giving Abel family and friends (something that was stripped away by his father and Destinia tried to strip away hope that Abel would ever have the chance to have any) to give Abel hope?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jasonrevall

You can only learn so much within the confines of a place such as SAIA. It may offer a lot but you don't truly start learning till you're on the field. It just happens to be more dangerous out there, so bring some tents and potions.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

lilpuppy23

This seems really familiar from someplace...

Maybe from AS in some way?

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Jasonrevall on September 10, 2010, 01:23:52 PM
You can only learn so much within the confines of a place such as SAIA. It may offer a lot but you don't truly start learning till you're on the field. It just happens to be more dangerous out there, so bring some tents and potions.

Agreed...the real world is always the best training you could ever have (Eleven weeks at Parris Island not withstanding). Methinks Abel is going to get a crash course in friendship/ compassion/ empathy, especially where Jyrras is concerned..Let us not forget he was the first one on the outside to call Abel's bluff, and succeed.
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Rakyth

I propose a title change from DMFA to AFA.

..In all seriousness though, where's Dan and Mab at the moment?

Keleth

Quote from: Alondro on September 10, 2010, 01:40:46 AM
*Charline imagines what comes next as Abel stares at Jyrras*  He's thinking "I won't ask myself these questions if I just become pure evil.  Sooooo, might as well eat his soul!  Om nom nom!"  *giggles gleefully as she imagines the delightful ebil*   :giggle

:rolleyes

Now you see, that good is the only alternative, because evil is friggin retarded. :3
Help! I'm gay!

Starcat5

Quote from: Drathorin on September 11, 2010, 09:42:22 AM
Quote from: Alondro on September 10, 2010, 01:40:46 AM
*Charline imagines what comes next as Abel stares at Jyrras*  He's thinking "I won't ask myself these questions if I just become pure evil.  Sooooo, might as well eat his soul!  Om nom nom!"  *giggles gleefully as she imagines the delightful ebil*   :giggle

:rolleyes

Now you see, that good is the only alternative, because evil is friggin retarded. :3
Hay! Don't lump all evil in with little miss "Chaotic Stupid" over there! What about Affable Evil? Jobber Evil? Pink Heart Evil? And my personal favorite, Evil who works for the Heros due to better health care plan?  >:3
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Howl

I like totally serious strips like this.

Arcblade

Come on Abel, go and dream-surf Jyrras.  He's riiiight there.... 

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

NO ABEL! DON'T BUT DOWN THE TINFOIL HAT! BAD ABEL D:

Quote from: Naldru on September 11, 2010, 03:30:03 PM
Quote from: Arcblade on September 11, 2010, 02:21:39 PM
Come on Abel, go and dream-surf Jyrras.  He's riiiight there.... 
Dream searching would be one way for Jyrras to get a vacation without having to worry about papparazzi.  Remember, what happens in his dreams stays in his dreams unless Jyrras or Abel talk.
Good thought. If Abel is nice and/or lucky, he could try to calm down Jyrras a little, using his dream surfing abillities. Of course that requires him to be stronger than Jyrras natural talent to create awkward situations, a challange only few can master.