New game around

Started by Ranzer, June 24, 2010, 09:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranzer

Ahahaha. Oh wow, it's been years.

Hey guys, you might remember me as that guy that used to come here and post all the game reports. I was lying here in bed, recovering from an insanely nasty (i.e. damn well woulda killed me in another week) illness, and I remembered this place.

And I was filled with shame for drifting away.

I haven't been reading the comic, so I'd probably never catch back up to the plot, but I came here tonight to apologize to you guys, honestly. You were nothing but polite to the dumb newbie and I wound up just sorta vanishing with no fanfare, so... I apologize for that, and now that I've got a long recovery time ahead of me, I might be checking this place a lot more just to break up the tedium. Assuming I can slam it through my oxycodone-numbed brain to check.

Thanks for the support before I left, guys. You rock.  :nod

EDIT: Hay guys I totally was thinking of something else with the topic title and didn't notice. boy howdy these durn white pills shore are strong.  :C

Mao

This is a shout out.  Thus I have placed this in the Villa, as per the rules.  Welcome back and enjoy your stay.

Darkmoon

Read the rules, read the FAQs, there's more than DMFA here, and don't be a douche to the admins.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

James StarRunner

Yup... reaaaaally welcoming so far guys.

I had a really nasty bout of Crohn's Disease before I came in here. Not sure if that's what you've been suffering from, but I know how you feel. I almost wasted away to nothing. Glad to see you're still kickin'. Stick around this time. :B

Darkmoon

We're the admins. I don't recall anyone saying we were the welcoming committee.

Also, it doesn't help him out when he breaks a rule with his first post back.

Mao

Well, James, if you think that was something uninviting I'd say that I have a few more tricks than that up my sleeve.  I can demonstrate them if you like. ;-]

James StarRunner

Never said you were the welcoming committee. In my opinion though things could have been done with a lot more tact.

Yes Mao, I know you're an all powerful demi-mod now. Doesn't mean mods and members alike can't act civilly and rational though. You got the powers to do as you wish. But I've had the mod reigns several times. It doesn't mean we can't use some common sense.

Ranzer

I wasn't expecting much of a warm welcome back after seeing my topic get moved immediately, anyways. It was an honest mistake, and I do apologize sincerely for it.

Thanks for the concern, James. It's not *quite* as serious as that, but it is a nasty infection that had nearly spread to a vital area. I'll withhold any more details, because nobody wants to hear about them, but I'm doing okay now, just screwy off of the pain meds.

Once again, Mao, Darkmoon, I am extremely sorry that I accidentally posted in the wrong forum and that you had to go to the inconvenience of moving it. I'll be very wary about things like this in the future, I promise.

Darkmoon

Nothing was said that was offensive or mean to the chap.

1) Mao said he posted in the wrong spot, and for him to enjoy his stay. A fair, mild note about a rule breaking, and a polite nod.

2) I did the usual rigmarole that is always done. Read the rules, read the FAQs, don't be a douche. Rinse and repeat.

I see nothing there to illicit a snarky response from you.

James StarRunner

Yup. We all learn when we put our minds to it. Glad you aren't that bad off. I didn't exactly explain all the messy details with myself. Not sure I really want the images in my mind again. Well, let the meds do their work and heal up, ok? :3

Quote from: Darkmoon on June 25, 2010, 12:12:32 AM
Nothing was said that was offensive or mean to the chap.

1) Mao said he posted in the wrong spot, and for him to enjoy his stay. A fair, mild note about a rule breaking, and a polite nod.

2) I did the usual rigmarole that is always done. Read the rules, read the FAQs, don't be a douche. Rinse and repeat.

I see nothing there to illicit a snarky response from you.
Oh yes, by all means, switching the topic was just fine. You obviously took my message much more intensely than was meant. I just gave a prod in hopes of being a pinch friendlier. Leaving him just after to saying to follow the rules leaves someone thinking they may be under the gun. I allowed your snarky comment on my return, but I know you better, he may not.

This isn't supposed to be a "I can be a better mod than you." From what I've seen, you guys have been on the ball with mod duties. I just wish for a wee little bit more humanity. The guy may have died and I figured he deserved more than a copy/paste welcome.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"he deserved more than a copy/paste welcome"
"The guy" "can be" "warm""ly" "welcome""d"

;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

James StarRunner

Ok, now that was amusing. :3

Mao

Well James, you certainly came off as 1) telling me that I had no right to move his post and that I was rude to him in the process of doing so, 2) making it sound like I was on some sort of power trip and 3) that you could do this in a much better manner than me as you 'clearly' have more experience.  If nothing else, in the future PM such concerns to me and I will address them personally.  I found both of your posts quite snarky and condemning in their wording and absolutely uncalled for in the sections addressing both Darkmoon and myself.   While I'm sure no offense was intended I feel that you calling me (and originally Darkmoon) out in public was not only uncalled for but rude on *your* part.  If you want me to handle things with more 'humanity' in the future why don't you try treating me the same manner, hmm?

Have a good day, James.

James StarRunner

Not that I have to get the last say, but I talked things out with Mao. Drama adverted. Time to get on with life. Requesting that we burn this with fire.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'll get the marshmallows.

Ranzer

I just logged back in after getting some sleep and went to see this thread.

What have I unwittingly brought to cause such strife among this board's gentle denizens?  :<

James StarRunner

Meh, it happens semi frequently. It's not your fault.

Drayco84

Nah, we're like this quite often.

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay, and please try not to annoy the mods. Mao was in the right to move the topic and I say he did so pretty much as gently as possible. Darkmoon gave the obligatory standard welcoming (It's almost to the point of Running Gag status, really.) and I saw nothing wrong with it. Llearch, meanwhile, lurks about and posts general snark whenever he feels inclined to do so. (For what he does, he somehow sets the standards for it pretty high...)

Anyways, can we get back on topic now?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Drayco84 on June 25, 2010, 10:07:33 AM
Anyways, can we get back on topic now?

We have a topic? Where is it? I demand it be taken out and shot!

Quote from: Ranzer on June 25, 2010, 09:46:03 AM
What have I unwittingly brought to cause such strife among this board's gentle denizens?  :<

Gentle denizens? I didn't know we had any of those in stock. Usually they get eaten by the giant mechanical mealieworms...

Ranzer

QuoteGentle denizens? I didn't know we had any of those in stock.

Well, y'know, usually there's at least one around somewhere even with the robot worm factor. They breed quick, you know.

Also, I found out today that it is totally possible to give yourself a full wash utilizing a kitchen sink. Science!  :U

Suwako

I don't remember a ranzer. :<

My memory fails. T_T 

Hi anyway. :3

Ranzer

QuoteI don't remember a ranzer.

I'm not surprised, I wasn't here for too long. You may remember me as that guy who used to post capsule notes of his insane RP that he participated in for a while. It's over now, sadly, after 8 years, which is part of why I wound up leaving in the first place. Although I guess having nothing to do made me come back, so maybe it evens out?

EDIT: Also, if you're wondering just HOW insane that game was? By the end, my character was an official Persona user. As in the Arcana, beating up his own Shadow, all that.

Lego3400

Quote from: Darkmoon on June 24, 2010, 11:54:55 PM
We're the admins. I don't recall anyone saying we were the welcoming committee.

Also, it doesn't help him out when he breaks a rule with his first post back.

*tapes a sign reading Welcomeing Committee to Darkmoon's back.

Ranzer

Quote*tapes a sign reading Welcomeing Committee to Darkmoon's back.

Welp, that makes it official, you're the welcoming committee now, hope you enjoy the job.

Now gimme a fresh turkey sammich and a Diet Coke to make me feel welcome.  :)

Darkmoon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ranzer on June 26, 2010, 03:42:03 PM
Quote*tapes a sign reading Welcomeing Committee to Darkmoon's back.
Welp, that makes it official, you're the welcoming committee now, hope you enjoy the job.

Nope. That makes him a Welcomeing Committee, not a Welcoming Committee, or even a welcoming committee. Besides, there's only one of him. We'd have to clone him to make a committee...

Damaris

Dear god, no one wants that.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

goldyamn

first, there a new game around? cool

but second; hi :3 whats this about cloning? can i join? lol

Tapewolf

Quote from: goldyamn on September 08, 2010, 03:04:59 PM
first, there a new game around? cool

but second; hi :3 whats this about cloning? can i join? lol

Well, the fifth rule of the game is not to revive a topic that's two-months dead...
Now might be a good time to read the rules before the wrong people get mad...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E