06/07/2010 [TDA #8] - Taking the whatsy's

Started by joshofspam, June 07, 2010, 05:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

I know that I have terrible spelling for those looking at the "Whatsy's", But Jacob shouldn't have been so surprised.
>:3
After all, turn about is fair game right? :3

Now what kind of job would involve a priest, his apprentice, an angel and a cubi? :batman :mowninja :work :wcc
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: joshofspam on June 07, 2010, 05:08:16 PM

Now what kind of job would involve a priest, his apprentice, an angel and a cubi?

I already know the real answer*, but that sort of list just demands at least one walking pace (quadruple speed) chase scene involving the entire cast pursued by heavily armed girl scouts, while "Yakity Sax" plays flatulently on the soundtrack.   >:3

* Yes, I've read and enjoyed the original story.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Chakat Blackspots

What the heck is that comment in the last panel supposed to mean?  Is it just an English (UK) thing?

VAE

Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on June 07, 2010, 06:47:59 PM
What the heck is that comment in the last panel supposed to mean?  Is it just an English (UK) thing?
You mean "You're taking the ..."?
As far as i know,  it is a rougher version of "you are making idiot of me?" You know, when somebody proposes an excuse/explanation so stupid/naive that it seems he devaluates your intelligence by thinking you might fall for it...
you know, like when the militionary catches a guy with a bloody knife, and he says: you know, i was cutting up some meat, and the water stopped working so i went to wash it to the public fount...
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

"Are you mocking me?" is the closest I could think of without falling back on another idiom.  Nobody complained about this in the original story, and I figured people would be able to work it out anyway, if only from his expression...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Yeah, I didn't get it either, I just didn't say anything... :B

Lore

What the heck is that comment in the last panel supposed to mean?  Is it just an English (UK) thing?

"Are you s***ing me?"

Edit for censorship. :B Derp-de-derp

Tapewolf

Quote from: Spooks on June 07, 2010, 10:02:47 PM
"Are you s***ing me?"

Yeah, that's pretty much it.  Anyway, DMFA has used some weird idioms, so now it's my turn  >:3

Lore

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 08, 2010, 01:25:42 PM
Anyway, DMFA has used some weird idioms...

I think that's the natural result of having characters like Mab. :U

Tapewolf

Okay, start of chapter 2 is up.  Thanks to Keaton for proof-reading.