Threads that have been snicker-snacked...

Started by Mao, May 06, 2010, 10:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

The following threads have received some snicker-snack and came back better for it.  If you find your posts missing from them, you can find them in the Tinfoilhat Tearooms.

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,7363.0.html
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,7361.0.html
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,7370.0.html

Drayco84

Can you define "snicker-snacked", please?

Yes, I'm being serious. Wiktionary wasn't much help.

EDIT: I said "please".

Scarydragon

Snicker-snacked: Cut, severed, chopped, etc.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Corgatha Taldorthar

It's from the C.S. Lewis poem "Jabberwocky". Snicer-Snack is the onomatopoeia of the Vorpal sword chopping stuff up.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Drayco84

TheAuldGrump

His vorpal blade went snicker snack
He left it dead,
And with its head,
He came galumphing back....

That poem added more than one word to the English language. :)

The Auld Grump

Mao

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on May 07, 2010, 01:19:15 AM
It's from the C.S. Lewis poem "Jabberwocky". Snicer-Snack is the onomatopoeia of the Vorpal sword chopping stuff up.

You mean Lewis Carroll, right? ;)

Attic Rat

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 07, 2010, 07:03:25 AM

Beautiful!

CS Lewis' style, tied to Lewis Carroll's tale...
Unimaginable!
But were it possible, we would all know EXACTLY what  the words meant.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Attic Rat on May 07, 2010, 06:57:06 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 07, 2010, 07:03:25 AM

Beautiful!

Unimaginable!
But were it possible, we would all know EXACTLY what  the words meant.

Isn't that what Tim Burton did?  :P

TheAuldGrump

No, Burton went to Carroll's grave and took a wizz.... 
The really sad thing is that if you had asked me a few years ago who would do the best job of doing an Alice sequel onscreen Burton would have been my number two choice. (Number one was Terry Gilliam. :) )

Period - wrong
Alice's freakin' name - wrong (It was Alice Liddell, Burton, Liddell, not Kingsley!)
The quotation from Jabberwocky - wrong! (How the heck do you manage to misquote one of the easiest to remember poems in the English language, and do so on a movie about Alice for the love of squishy brown mud?!!!)

And Disney does not seem to have any idea of how to handle 3D. Hurling things at the hapless audience was a trick that was lame when they did it in the fifties, Dreamworks figured it out, why can't Disney?

Why no, I did not much like the new Alice, how can you tell? :P

The Auld Grump, who is a fan of Carroll's Alice....

Baal Hadad

Quote from: TheAuldGrump on May 07, 2010, 07:53:49 PM
No, Burton went to Carroll's grave and took a wizz.... 
The really sad thing is that if you had asked me a few years ago who would do the best job of doing an Alice sequel onscreen Burton would have been my number two choice. (Number one was Terry Gilliam. :) )

Period - wrong
Alice's freakin' name - wrong (It was Alice Liddell, Burton, Liddell, not Kingsley!)
The quotation from Jabberwocky - wrong! (How the heck do you manage to misquote one of the easiest to remember poems in the English language, and do so on a movie about Alice for the love of squishy brown mud?!!!)

And Disney does not seem to have any idea of how to handle 3D. Hurling things at the hapless audience was a trick that was lame when they did it in the fifties, Dreamworks figured it out, why can't Disney?

Why no, I did not much like the new Alice, how can you tell? :P

The Auld Grump, who is a fan of Carroll's Alice....

My above question was a sarcastic comment on how they lifted the now-cliched plotline from The Chronicles of Narnia, specifically The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

Oh, no, wicked villain has taken over magicland!  Who will save us?  Only a human from Earth!  Please, human, save our world, since no one NATIVE can do it, according to prophecy!

Drayco84

Yeesh, ask an innocent question... At this rate, even THIS thread will be doomed to the Tinfoil Hat Tearoom...

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

Turnsky

Quote from: Drathorin on May 07, 2010, 11:58:48 PM
Such is the fate of all things.

hopefully not because of the sheer amount of fail some threads have had in the past, i swear that's what happened to my PC the other day, it tried to commit seppuku.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Turnsky on May 08, 2010, 12:00:15 AM
Quote from: Drathorin on May 07, 2010, 11:58:48 PMSuch is the fate of all things.
hopefully not because of the sheer amount of fail some threads have had in the past, i swear that's what happened to my PC the other day, it tried to commit seppuku.  >:3

Your computer failed to commit seppuku ?

Dang.

:erk

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mao

Seriously guys?  I make a topic to explain that some threads have been edited and you guys start nitpicking over retarded stuff?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Turnsky

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 08, 2010, 02:52:56 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on May 08, 2010, 12:00:15 AM
Quote from: Drathorin on May 07, 2010, 11:58:48 PMSuch is the fate of all things.

Your computer failed to commit seppuku ?

Dang.

:erk

well, only the power supply was toasted... that lovely odor of ozone and melted plastic - nummy.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Naldru

By the way, the term snicker-snack has been used previously in the strip.  However, that strip involved a vorpal dagger rather than a vorpal sword.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

hartree

You mean The Lion, the Witch and the Bandersnatch?

Shoes for industry!

Attic Rat

Quote from: hartree on May 08, 2010, 11:24:16 PM

You mean The Lion, the Witch and the Bandersnatch?

How is a raven like a writing-desk?
Much as a Bandersnatch is like unto a Wardrobe.
So, will aluminum foil do? I have no tinfoil at hand.
... Curses!
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Drayco84

Quote from: Attic Rat on May 08, 2010, 11:51:47 PM
How is a raven like a writing-desk?
Much as a Bandersnatch is like unto a Wardrobe.
Oh, so THAT explains Schmendrick's riddle in 'The Last Unicorn'... I'd been wondering about that one for years... (Gimmie a break, I was about 5 or so when I first saw it and it came out two years before I was born, okay?)

lilpuppy23

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 08, 2010, 05:58:32 AM
Seriously guys?  I make a topic to explain that some threads have been edited and you guys start nitpicking over retarded stuff?

I share your disappointment.

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 08, 2010, 06:04:58 AM
Thread, I am dissapoint.

Thread; Yes, Yes I will; Now, Tomorrow, and Forever.

Poetry commonly disappoints...

DarkSunDuelist

Quote from: TheAuldGrump on May 07, 2010, 04:28:39 AM
His vorpal blade went snicker snack
He left it dead,
And with its head,
He came galumphing back....

That poem added more than one word to the English language. :)

The Auld Grump

Every time Lewis Carrol picks up a pen, 20 new words are added to the dictionary.

I HAVE SAID IT SO IT MUST NOW BE A MEME. (Yay for posting on 4% Brain Battery!!)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yay for postage.

DarkSunDuelist, you do not have to respond to every single post. More importantly, according to the rules you read when you signed up (you did read the rules, right?) you have to not respond to anything that's been idle for over a month. We get grumpy after two weeks, just so you know.

Don't necro dead threads again.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Indeed.  Calm down man.  We get people here all the time who try to make a name for themselves for being 'crazy/whacky/insane/whatever' pretty much weekly.  If you really want to make a name for yourself:  Post with wit and intelligence.  This entails knowing and following the rules and generally not being a jackass.  Being a jackass is the admins/mods job and we don't do outsourcing.

Darkmoon

We tried once. The workers were good, but no one could understand their accents. Damn Canadian labour.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Mao

God I hate you sometimes.

But then, I fall in love all over again.

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...