What's your affinity?

Started by iceick, March 29, 2010, 02:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceick

With all these emotions flying around I was wondering, what emotion do or would feed off of if you were a cubi.

Mine are:
Joy
Fear
Confusion
Doubt

And my evil personality's are:
Despair
Misery
Fear
Rage

There may be others, but I haven't discovered them yet.

VAE

Definitely anger ,which is where the familiar in my sig comes from - deliberately throwing off a certain person i hated back in high school with carefully crafted remarks was wonderfully refreshing...  :mwaha
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Liatai

Joy. Joy, joy, joy. I'd be such a Jin clan member. :smile I think I'd also enjoy calmness, curiosity, warmth/comfort, and just a smattering of pride on the side.

I know what my least favorite emotional foods would be if I was a succubus; anger, panic, and fear. I hate feeling them, and I hate making people feel them. (Like I said, such a Jin clan member. xD)

Nino

Impishness =p I would love to be in Jin's clan though; joy would be a really great emotional affinity and I do love me some pastel colors.

As for what I would hate to feed on... I'd have to say arrogance. I can't stand arrogance, especially of the intellectual variety - you know the type; the ones who look down on the masses and think they're such hot stuff because they have very specialized knowledge of computers or math or what-not. Bleh! Pride kind of relates, though since Piflak's clan tends to pride themselves on art or music or what-not it's not quite the same thing as intellectual arrogance.

VAE

Quote from: Kattuccino on March 29, 2010, 04:02:53 PM

As for what I would hate to feed on... I'd have to say arrogance. I can't stand arrogance, especially of the intellectual variety - you know the type; the ones who look down on the masses and think they're such hot stuff because they have very specialized knowledge of computers or math or what-not. Bleh! Pride kind of relates, though since Piflak's clan tends to pride themselves on art or music or what-not it's not quite the same thing as intellectual arrogance.

hmm, i am quite opposite in a way - i dislike empty arrogance , the kind exhibited by people who understand nothing yet are all haughty and pretentious and snobby, but arrogance or what when it is supported by actual skill - like with some chess grandmasters and others is all OK with me.

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Me haz some Confusion, plz!  :3

MT Hazard

Courage, definitely, fear + strength of will. Plus I'd imagine it would have beneficial effects on my personality, encouraging me to help others overcome their fears and such.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tangent

Creativity, for the positive aspects.
Nervousness for the negative aspects.

Can you imagine how much fun a Cubi could have driving someone twitchy with odd sounds in the night and the like? =^-^=
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Aurawyn

Lets see.. Being piratical, and going on what I am most exposed to/feel myself.. It would have to be

Despair and Anger .. Because I work at Wal-Mart and Sadness/Loneliness Because I am alone and sad myself..

True joy would be like a big fat cake to me... hahha.

InsanityRequiem

Hmm... Kinda hard to think of what.

Confusion most definitely.

Anger/Rage would hold true too.

I'd say apathy... but that's the lack of emotion really.

Contempt definitely! I hold lots of contempt.
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Howl

Shachza

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Righteous Indignation!
            <-- #1 that is!

Sind

I had the plans to start this thread myself, actually =o

Anyways, I'm guessing my affinity would be annoyance/irritation, and we have yet to see a clan that has affinity =/

Raskahn

That would be fear and wonder with a dash of confusion.

True story, I love smoking a cigarette at work in a dark room. when a colleague walks in i just can't resist scaring the bejezus out of them before they turn the lights on  :)

iceick

Quote from: Aurawyn on March 29, 2010, 08:47:18 PM
Despair and Anger .. Because I work at Wal-Mart
Wow another Wal-Mart associate, but at my Wal-Mart the affinity is insanity and crazyness. If it can happen it's probably happened at my store.

Tapewolf

I try to make people happy, though I'm not always successful at it, not by a long shot.  That would be my preferred positive one.
However, from a writing point of view, fear is the emotion one I've had most fun writing, which is why it's Jakob's affinity.  (Originally it was going to be just wonder, now it's both).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

I don't know for sure, but it does so amuse me to watch others Rage at me.  Guess mine is rage.

iceick

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 30, 2010, 01:14:38 PM
I don't know for sure, but it does so amuse me to watch others Rage at me.  Guess mine is rage.
Yeah, I feel the same way whenever I stand out in the rain during winter wearing shorts and a tee while everyone's yelling at me to put on something warm. Why do I need to put something warm on when I get all warm and toasty feeding off the energy of them yelling at me. :mwaha

Suwako

Appreciation and Confusion?

Preferably both at the same time.

Morgan

If rainbow bubbles were an emotion... I'd say those. XD

But really, love! *Starts singing, Across the Universe Style.* Looooove, loooooove, loooooove!

Nothing makes me more satisfied in the universe than feeling love, and inciting love, and loving. So yeah. :)

iceick

Quote from: Morgan on March 30, 2010, 02:45:13 PM
If rainbow bubbles were an emotion... I'd say those. XD

But really, love! *Starts singing, Across the Universe Style.* Looooove, loooooove, loooooove!

Nothing makes me more satisfied in the universe than feeling love, and inciting love, and loving. So yeah. :)
I can definatly see a Fae like you making a response like that. :mowhappy I bet Quoar's clan get their emotional fill being around you. :hug

Robbychu

Confusion, definately. :I I love confusing people. :U I like joy too. Happiness is very nice to see. And love. :) Love is nice.
THIS POST WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY ALL CAPS. :)

Rheeeeeeeee...

Armok

Sudden inspiration/insight/original thought, (those all have strong similarities in how they are implemented, so I'll treat them as a single emotion), tastiest if deep and profound, and mixed with enthusiasm. A bona fide mad scientist would probably be my dream dish, but art, or any environment where great learning or discovery is done, would work almost as well.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Aurawyn

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on March 30, 2010, 07:05:02 AMTrue story, I love smoking a cigarette at work in a dark room. when a colleague walks in i just can't resist scaring the bejezus out of them before they turn the lights on  :)

I will often "Stalk" co-workers through the clothing department or other isles of our store in order to sneak up behind them to scare the bejezus out of them too.. Or walk silently up behind someone with the "shhhh!" finger over my mouth to scare someone in the middle of a conversation.

candide

Hate.

I'd be very well-fed.

My secondary affinities would be Romance (or whatever you wanna call the feeling you get from being in a romantic situation) and Concern/Worry.

terrycloth

Hmm. Determination?

I'm not an especially determined person, but that's what always gets to me in stories and stuff -- the person who'll soldier on despite setbacks.

Hanii Puppy

I'd have to say epic romance ... but not the lubby-dubby kinda romance, the more traditional and almost lost sense that can be inspired by these: First picture. Second picture. Long song. Short song ... maybe I'm just a sucker for all things epic :P

oh, and fuzziness x3 Epic romance, and fuzziness x3

Suwako

Quote from: Hanii Puppy on March 31, 2010, 01:34:42 PM
I'd have to say epic romance ... but not the lubby-dubby kinda romance, the more traditional and almost lost sense that can be inspired by these: First picture. Second picture. Long song. Short song ... maybe I'm just a sucker for all things epic :P

oh, and fuzziness x3 Epic romance, and fuzziness x3

Could you please not use coloured text? It hurts my eyes.  :<

( blue on black x| )