What's your affinity?

Started by iceick, March 29, 2010, 02:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanii Puppy

meep, sorry :X

on black? But to me, all the forums on this board have different colour schemes, and this one's purple to me o.o

Suwako

Quote from: Hanii Puppy on March 31, 2010, 01:53:42 PM

on black? But to me, all the forums on this board have different colour schemes, and this one's purple to me o.o

True, but you can change that in your settings, still Blue on purple isn't nice either. Really, I would advice not using text colours at all.  :)

Hanii Puppy

Quote from: Tytaj on March 31, 2010, 02:00:51 PM
Quote from: Hanii Puppy on March 31, 2010, 01:53:42 PM

True, but you can change that in your settings, still Blue on purple isn't nice either. Really, I would advice not using text colours at all.  :)

It's nice on this shade of purple  :<

Anker Steadfast

I have no idea what the affinity would be called though, I don't know the english language well enough for that.
(yeah, I'm not a natively english speaking person - my mother language is Danish of all languages)
So, since I'm not sure what my emotions would be called, I'll try to explain what I mean.

My positive side is when I teach somebody/learn something, it can be the most unintelligble techno babble, doesn't matter, but if they are into it and listen to me - That is one of the most pleasant and satisfying feelings I know of. I once went for 3 days without ordinary food because I was on a roll. Managed 2 months of study in one week. And got top grades to boot.

My negative side on the other hand, is sort of the same, except ... imagine an executive meddling in a technical matter which he should keep his bloody nose out of - at that point I *love* grinding his nose into just how deep the shit goes and just how wrong he is. I get a sort of sadistic satisfaction from grinding someone into the ground intelectually. In fact, I can get downright nasty in such a situation. Ah well, I've only have had to do it twice, after that they stopped pestering me.

:)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

kazzellin

My affinities would be joy, happiness, hope, calmness, and love, with a bit of curiosity and confusion. Since Fa'lina has no clan members, and Jin's don't leave the Academy, I'd either be in an as-yet-unmentioned clan with an affinity for happiness or calmness, or - ideally - in Clan Quoar.

I say ideally because the emotions I would not like the most are hate, malice, panic, despair, terror, etc. If I was in Clan Quoar, I wouldn't be going to the Academy (for whatever reason), and therefore wouldn't have to put up with any residue from certain classes. ;) You will note, however, that I did not list anger in there - people who use the above tend to make me angry, so~. The anger and rage, I can handle. ^^

(Yes, I know that we don't know about any clans revolving around happiness and calmness, and surely the ones already mentioned aren't the only ones for joy, hope, and love, but I work with what I can. ;P )

Psaakyrn

As a cubi, I'd have a natural affinity for emotion absorbtion (emotional sensitivity, extremely vulnerable to emotion jamming), though with a bias towards mental anguish, given my tendency to set myself up for such.

(and lacking substantial control over shapeshifting, due to shifting based on emotions, which keeps getting jammed)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Attic Rat

Determination, aspiration, desperation, and realization.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

MelSkunk

Pain and hope..
Conflicting I suppose but for good reasons.. :)

dravus

eehhhhhh...I couldn't tell you my affinity....I have no idea

I've got a little of everything

though being a Dragon would likily make me enemy #1 to pretty much all but a few cubi anyway

Eibborn

I suppose frustration would suit me best. I've always enjoyed being stubborn and arguing for the sake of arguing, and apparently irritate others by not reacting when they're angry.
/kicks the internet over

Psaakyrn

Quote from: dravus on April 01, 2010, 04:29:07 AM

though being a Dragon would likily make me enemy #1 to pretty much all but a few cubi anyway

Are you nice?
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Zedd

I have to say I might feed off sorrow on my dark side

But my I would feed on Joy when proud

Aurawyn

*glomp*

Ooh.. Somone else who would rather be a dragon!

Brownie

Confusion and doubt.
There's nothing I like more than when I manage to steer a conversation away from something and everyone's confused about how we got there. And then I make them doubt their own sanity. And then they walk off trying to figure all this out. They get a headache for about a week.
I love my life.

As for a positive emotion: Adoration.
Love is, in my opinion, over-rated as a powerful emotion to feed off.
Adoration is easier, much more commonplace and is open to a wide variety of interpretations.

Scarydragon

Understanding/comprehension would definitely be my positive emotion. I love nothing more then learning something new, or teaching someone else something new. (Except fuzzy kitties. I love fuzzy kitties!)

Spite would be my negative emotion, with confusion coming in second. Spite makes everything better. Everything.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

iceick

Quote from: MelSkunk on April 01, 2010, 01:25:13 AM
Pain and hope..
Conflicting I suppose but for good reasons.. :)
How is that conflicting? You beat people up so they're in "pain" and they "hope" you stop.

Draken

Mine would be apathy and inspiration.  Just cause :P
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Trazz

Pain and anger for me, definitely... It's so easy to make people mad, yet so fun, and causing pain can lead to more anger...    :mwaha

Hanii Puppy

I wonder ... would incubi and succubi would feel right at home in a mr men book? oO

I could imagine a member of the Jin clan with Mr Happy and Little Miss Giggles chained up in the corner of the room ... both of them exhibiting inexplicable incessant grins on their faces, seemingly ignorant of the fact that they're being held prisoner for the sole and single purpose of nourishing a creature that supposedly consumes peoples' dreams and steals their souls. :3

:)

Chairtastic

My favorite would have to be pride, with happiness and greed coming up in second and third respectively; 'cause I'm crazy like that.

Joy would have to be my least favorite, followed by anger. The first, because it is ephemeral in my experience, and once its gone you feel terrible by comparison. The second because it is blinding in most cases, leaving you open for a suckerpunch.

Chakat Blackspots

I'd say it would either have to be hope or love.

high_ace

Pain, Confusion and Love. (In that order)

Sums me up pretty well.  :mowhappy

Jasonrevall

Mine would probably be happiness, confusion, and love.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Turnsky

i've got some idea what my affinity is, hard to put my finger on exactly -what- however.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Naldru

I guess mine would be logic and confusion.

People who aren't confused haven't been looking at things logically.  You don't know anything until you realize that you don't know anything.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

dravus

Quote from: Psaakyrn on April 01, 2010, 05:29:17 AM

Are you nice?

o..o of course.....I don't believe in being mean to anyone unless they proved they deserved it.....thusly everyone is given the nice treatment first till they hurt me first

Quote from: Aurawyn on April 01, 2010, 06:03:11 AM

*glomp*

Ooh.. Somone else who would rather be a dragon!

^^;;; <3 thank you

Morgan

Quote from: Naldru on April 04, 2010, 10:56:32 AM
I guess mine would be logic and confusion.

People who aren't confused haven't been looking at things logically.  You don't know anything until you realize that you don't know anything.

"Logic" is an interesting one, but strangely, I don't really think of it as an emotion. I don't ever really feel logical - I just have clear patterns of thought that seem like they can't really be argued against from any other angle. I usually just feel sure. But that's a unique one, either way. :D

D'ymkarra

<--Most assuredly despair, anger and pain; my life is full of all three lately and yet I still seem to thrive....

But I also find much pleasure in hope and love as well; I've always been a romantic at heart   :hug
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

RJ

Panic, surprise, and follow it up with a little joy and relief. Nom nom. :D

bradypodidae

Awesome. Most definitely.  :D
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC