19/02/10 [DMFA #1089] - Another question from the readers.

Started by Howl, February 19, 2010, 06:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

I do not like questions from the readers personally. But hey, there's gotta be a topic about the comic, and today, I'm the creator of it.

Tapewolf

Someone asked her this at Anthrocon, actually.  Her reply, which I think I caught the end of on film, was something like "Try to make as many people as you can happy, without making as many people as you can unhappy."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

I do like questions from the readers, they give us insights into the mind of the artist, the views of other readers and while this one is not funny it is honest, which is what I feel matters here.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mao

Quote from: Minishear on February 19, 2010, 06:43:23 AM
I do not like questions from the readers personally. But hey, there's gotta be a topic about the comic, and today, I'm the creator of it.

So far the vast bulk of the posts from you are you commenting on how you don't like or hate some aspect of the comic, so I'll take that first part as a given.  Ever played L4D?  I swear, you're like Francis.

Do you like vests and lasagna mondays by chance?

Lucheek

I agree with this message. Might print this out and put it on my planned collage-wall in the future...

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Turnsky

sorry amber, couldn't resist

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Turnsky/Sketches/Vol1089beaker.jpg

(edited previous for better amusement)

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 19, 2010, 07:04:22 AM
Quote from: Minishear on February 19, 2010, 06:43:23 AM

So far the vast bulk of the posts from you are you commenting on how you don't like or hate some aspect of the comic, so I'll take that first part as a given.  Ever played L4D?  I swear, you're like Francis.

Do you like vests and lasagna mondays by chance?

There is also a group of people Francis hates, but rereading the rules, I'm not sure if I should post the link cause it might sound racist and I don't wanna make people sad.   :<

That belief is similar to my own, go down making as many people smile as I can. Except when I'm fragging people online. I'm just following the games rules. I can't help it if I kill you 50 times in a row. You should have dodged better. (although i can just mess around if i get too annoying with the kills, it's for fun after all)
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Mao

Uh, there' s no confirmed statement about any group in particular that he hates that could be considered racism.  There's some speculation about it, but nothing to back it up.

e_voyager

i wonder where the readers send these questions that they get answered anyway.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Mao

...to the email button on the comic page?

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 19, 2010, 07:57:23 AM
Uh, there' s no confirmed statement about any group in particular that he hates that could be considered racism.  There's some speculation about it, but nothing to back it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI3B3cy2_vs

Bjalf

Quote from: Jasonrevall on February 19, 2010, 08:11:52 AM

Nah, that's not racism, that's just common sense.

:B

Mao

Yeah, I'm at work.  No youtube for me.  What's the quote?  I 'hate canada'?  That's the closest I can think of from him, and I'm pretty sure that's not 'racist'.  Or maybe when Louis is about to die and he comments that Louis looks like 'shit'?  Sorry but that's a common quote for someone who's not looking so well, particularly among vulgar folks.  After that, if you're talking about the 'iron cross' on his arm, sorry, that symbol is used by lots of folks and doesn't have to necessarily imply he's a skinhead.  Shaved head?  I've got one too.  Still not a racist.

This argument has been all over the steam forums in the past.  It's been beaten to death.  He's not racist, just a jerk.

Turnsky

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 19, 2010, 09:04:38 AM
This argument has been all over the steam forums in the past.  It's been beaten to death.  He's not racist, just a jerk.

yeah, that dead horse is looking a tad ripe, best get a fresh one to smack about with sticks.  >:3

BetaToxin5

Quote from: Turnsky on February 19, 2010, 09:14:48 AM

yeah, that dead horse is looking a tad ripe, best get a fresh one to smack about with sticks.  >:3

That horse better be non-sentient >:3

*funny, my first post is a threat  :P*

Tapewolf

Quote from: BetaToxin5 on February 19, 2010, 10:30:30 AM
That horse better be non-sentient >:3

*funny, my first post is a threat  :P*

And on that note, don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lego3400

All I can say is "Awww" that answer seems kind heart warming somehow. And for some reason, stating she doesn't have a punch line makes it funny. I  have a weird sense of humor.

Eferm

Ok think that some will hate me for this. But isnt the meaning of life and everything 42?

*Runs away*

Mao

It's actually the answer to the question of Life, the universe, and everything.  Which is not necessarily the meaning of life. :3

Jasonrevall

Uh, there' s no confirmed statement about any group in particular that he hates that could be considered racism.  There's some speculation about it, but nothing to back it up.

Yeah, I'm at work.  No youtube for me.  What's the quote?  I 'hate canada'?  That's the closest I can think of from him, and I'm pretty sure that's not 'racist'.  Or maybe when Louis is about to die and he comments that Louis looks like 'shit'?  Sorry but that's a common quote for someone who's not looking so well, particularly among vulgar folks.  After that, if you're talking about the 'iron cross' on his arm, sorry, that symbol is used by lots of folks and doesn't have to necessarily imply he's a skinhead.  Shaved head?  I've got one too.  Still not a racist.

This argument has been all over the steam forums in the past.  It's been beaten to death.  He's not racist, just a jerk.

I wasn't saying he was racist, I just didn't want to offend someone or upset a mod.  But yeah, he hates Canada, he goes on about how he hates Canada and how some special infected looked Canadian and stuff. Like "Oh my God I hate Canada so much!" and "If there's one thing I hate more than vampires its Canada, Eh."

Edit: Personally I think it's kindof funny, but I also honestly don't think he really hates everything he says he hates either. Not in the "I want to kill it" way, yah know?

Toric

Yap by Silver.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tons of People
Holy nest of quotes, Batman!

seriously folks, can we get back on topic, pleaaaaaase?

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Turnsky on February 19, 2010, 11:53:24 AM

Alright. It would seem that Amber has once again proven she is the Lord Of Chibi. Like Toric said, that chibi Amber is pretty darn cute. Also is there some kind of format to send to Amber if we have a question about the comic or do we just do our best to let her know it's a questions from the reader kind of dealie?

Mao

Quote from: Jasonrevall on February 19, 2010, 11:34:49 AM
I wasn't saying he was racist, I just didn't want to offend someone or upset a mod.  But yeah, he hates Canada, he goes on about how he hates Canada and how some special infected looked Canadian and stuff. Like "Oh my God I hate Canada so much!" and "If there's one thing I hate more than vampires its Canada, Eh."

Edit: Personally I think it's kindof funny, but I also honestly don't think he really hates everything he says he hates either. Not in the "I want to kill it" way, yah know?

I think you're mixing Francis and Ellis together.  Ellis constantly says how he thinks an infected looks/sounds Canadian iirc.  Francis seems to think that Riverside is in Canada (there is a place in Canada called that, I used to live there), it's in Pennsylvania in this case.  Every time someone mentions Riverside he states that he hates Canada, much to the confusion of the other survivors.  This is a nod to the arguments about where the game was held.  See http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/Francis for more info.  In general, Francis just hates everything.  Except for vests, lasagna mondays.. and eventually he recants his hate for the army (after they save him).

Quote from: Turnsky on February 19, 2010, 11:53:24 AM

No.  L4D is srs bsns. >:[

Drayco84

Wow... Start talking about the author's meaning of life and the conversation switches over to L4D and how the one char hates Canada...

OF COURSE VALVE HATES CANADA!!! Seriously, BioWare's located there. And if you were facing off against them, you'd probably hate them too. (Reminds me... I need to reinstall Neverwinter NIghts and check out the mod archives... It's been a few years since I last browsed 'em...)

But my feeling on the meaning of life? Some omnipotent being got bored and created The SIms: Earth. Take that as you will...

Mao

jeffh4

I don't know about you all, but I laughed uproariously when I read today's comic. . . . .does that mean there's something very, very wrong with me?

Oh, I know what I was laughing about now.  I thought everyone was going to put their own versions of their "Meaning of Life" up and they would be just as funny.  Here's mine.

I had an inkling of what the meaning of my life would be on my wedding day, but I really knew the first time I held my son in my hands.

Feel free to gather amusement from that.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

To me the meaning of life, is to live it doing the things that you love and enjoy doing!   :mowhappy

Baal Hadad

I think the meaning of life is hide and seek.  The entire universe is playing hide and seek with itself by fragmenting itself into minutiae (namely, us) and seeing how many of those can find the center again.