13/02/10 [AS2 #89] - Contemplations

Started by Feather Dancer, February 13, 2010, 05:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feather Dancer

Yay more Mink being bouncy as ever, seems Abel's back in SAIA again.

Well self fail I hit post reply too early, sorry.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Bjalf

Nice transition between places.

Is this going to be the start of his goth period?
(Apparently there's a huuuge difference between goths and emos.)

MT Hazard

Quote from: Bjalf on February 13, 2010, 05:22:37 AM

(Apparently there's a huuuge difference between goths and emos.)

A quick search found me this answer ( link )

"Gothic is a lifestyle. Emo is a fashion statement.

Emos are whiners who pretend to cut themselves.
Emos are mostly rich little white kids who wanna commit suicide because Mommy and Daddy won't give them an extra $50 on their allowance.

Goths on the other hand, are artists."

Personally I think emo is an attitude, goth is more a style, although that would mean there could be emo goths (or goth emos)
Appearance wise if the person your looking at has a floppy fringe  and tight fitting clothes its more likely an emo, if they've got scary boots and monochrome  clothing (leather optional) its probably a goth.

Although everyone has an opinion it seems.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Looks like Abel is clinically depressed.  I can't say I'm entirely surprised.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Bjalf

A therapist would make a ton of money in a place like that.

Edit:
That year, a group of depression cubi became noticeably overweight. They were told to stay well away from Abel.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bjalf on February 13, 2010, 06:48:46 AM
A therapist would make a ton of money in a place like that.

Likewise, suitably non-evil 'Cubi would make good therapists.

Janus Whitefurr

Mink makes a true statement.

And is a flexible squiggly to hang over the railing like that.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

thegayhare

Oh mink you're a secret font of wisdom...

but the thing I noticed is his tail... have we seen minks tail before?  It's got suckers on it.  *giggles* he's the most tenticaled cubi I've ever seen

Shachza

Quote from: thegayhare on February 13, 2010, 08:09:57 AM
Oh mink you're a secret font of wisdom...

but the thing I noticed is his tail... have we seen minks tail before?  It's got suckers on it.  *giggles* he's the most tenticaled cubi I've ever seen

And we haven't even seen him use his wings yet!   D:
            <-- #1 that is!

Bjalf

Quote from: thegayhare on February 13, 2010, 08:09:57 AM
but the thing I noticed is his tail... have we seen minks tail before?  It's got suckers on it.  *giggles* he's the most tenticaled cubi I've ever seen

He's Mink's just a sucker for tentacles.

:B

Jasonrevall

Yes people do tend to forget the good things that can just happen, because usually the bad things dwell in their minds longer leaving little room for the good things.

Mink is exactly what Abel needs to balance himself.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Ted Schiller

Mink is the second nicest tentacle monster I have ever seen.  :)

With regards,
Ted

Lucheek

Heh. Abel, however reluctantly, has made a friend. A good one. :3

thegayhare

Quote from: Lucheek on February 13, 2010, 10:54:41 AM
which means something is going to happen to him

I'm just basing this on the fact that now a days able is hell bent on his policies of no friends. 

so either something bad is going to happen to mink, or he will do something bad to able.  This to reinforce the fact that for able no one can hurt you like your friends.

I don't see mink doing something bad on purpose, he just doesn't seem the type.  But I could see it something along the lines of Able gets something Mink finds terrible, maybe at Destina's behest, and and mink is finds this so abhorrent Mink pushes able away from him.  Or maybe Mink's his only friend there and when Mink eventually leaves the school and goes off into the world able takes it as Mink abandoning him like so many other seem to have done.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Edit:
That year, a group of depression cubi became noticeably overweight. They were told to stay well away from Abel.

The depression cubi, however, couldn't do that. According to one's statement, "his sadness tastes sooooo good!" is why they couldn't bring themselves to follow this request.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: thegayhare on February 13, 2010, 11:19:20 AM
Quote from: Lucheek on February 13, 2010, 10:54:41 AM
which means something is going to happen to him
Maybe we will finally find out what the "library accident" is all about?

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 13, 2010, 11:20:01 AM
Edit:

The depression cubi, however, couldn't do that. According to one's statement, "his sadness tastes sooooo good!" is why they couldn't bring themselves to follow this request.

SAIA now sports an AAA self help group.
(Abel Addiction Anonymous)

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 13, 2010, 11:33:32 AM
Edit:

ROFL!!! XD Oh, my god! That's awesome!  :lol

OminousShadow

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 13, 2010, 11:37:12 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 13, 2010, 11:33:32 AM
Edit:

ROFL!!! XD Oh, my god! That's awesome!  :lol

That is indeed awesome and somehow believable.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Grey Wolf

I hope Abel doesn't hurt Mink, or vica versa... There is always the possibility that Abel and Mink have remained friends, and he was just on a field trip or something when Dan first came. Heck, we don't know that students don't take a 50 year vacation every now and then to raise offspring or something. Can you imagine being in school 1,000 solid years?

On a separate note, I get the feeling that Abel's Story is coming to a close  :<
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Grey Wolf on February 13, 2010, 12:31:24 PM
On a separate note, I get the feeling that Abel's Story is coming to a close  :<

It was supposed to have ended around summer 2006 as I recall, so that's pretty good going.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 13, 2010, 12:36:13 PM

It was supposed to have ended around summer 2006 as I recall, so that's pretty good going.

I think she mentioned somewhere that his backstory has 200 pages ?

Anyone who can clarify ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Baal Hadad

I don't see Abel hurting Mink, at least not at this point....

Anyway, I find it amazing and refreshing that Mink's so capable of looking at the bright side of things.  I wish I could do that....

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 13, 2010, 12:50:54 PM

Anyone who can clarify ?

This page is the one place I've seen her say that the back-story was to be 200 pages, but she may have mentioned that number offhandedly in forum a few times before.

If she sticks to that number, that means that Abel's story just has two pages left, give or take a few extra and maybe an end title page.

Icon by Sunblink

Baal Hadad

Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 13, 2010, 01:33:09 PM

Anyone who can clarify ?

This page is the one place I've seen her say that the back-story was to be 200 pages, but she may have mentioned that number offhandedly in forum a few times before.

If she sticks to that number, that means that Abel's story just has two pages left, give or take a few extra and maybe an end title page.

Not to burden her with extra work but that seems pretty darned soon to be ending it....   :erk

I mean, it doesn't really feel finished at this point--even allowing for two pages more, give or take, and an end title page....

techmaster-glitch

Whoa! Abel's actually -talking- to Mink! I mean, he's holding an honest conversation about himself. Despite being so closed off before meeting his mom, that somewhat traumatic event seems to have had the side-effect of actually making him open up a bit...

Starcat5

I see it as less a fixed number and more a ballpark figure. If we are in the home stretch, than I expect that it should be wrapping up within the next 5 to 55 pages. Of course, if Amber wants to explore some of his time between this comic and the point Abel actually showed up in the main series, than all bets are off. Remember, that filler strip aired in `07. Plans change in three years.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Kenji

That blue cubi (bluebi?) in the background makes me think of Spunky. >.>

Bjalf

Quote from: Kenji on February 13, 2010, 02:23:00 PM

I just had to image google "spunky".

Big mistake    :erk

Alondro

Quote from: Bjalf on February 13, 2010, 02:45:21 PM
Quote from: Kenji on February 13, 2010, 02:23:00 PM

I just had to image google "spunky".

Big mistake    :erk

He was talking about furry artist Jen Seng (Spunky Wolf).  :3

And I suspect Mink will suffer a sudden 'bad thing' soon.  Since this is Abel's life, it must be filled with naught but angst and suffering.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 13, 2010, 01:34:46 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 13, 2010, 01:33:09 PM

Anyone who can clarify ?

Not to burden her with extra work but that seems pretty darned soon to be ending it....   :erk

I mean, it doesn't really feel finished at this point--even allowing for two pages more, give or take, and an end title page....

Yeah, because at this point, Amber has done 198 pages.  I think it needs to a little longer, Amber might wind up making this a longer side story that catches up to where he was introduced in the main comic.  (That's how I though it was supposed to be)