01/24/10 [AS2 #88] - News of May and Aniz

Started by Arcblade, January 24, 2010, 09:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcblade

They made him cry again.  Any guesses on what sparked the tears?  Also, am I the only one to realize just now that Abel only has eight fingers, as per panel 2?

A hidden comic! scandalous!

I'm currently at loss of what exactly brought him over the edge, too. Maybe he slowly realizes what he actually heard in the last strip? In any way, strip #89 should be ... interesting... >_>

inuhanyo

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 24, 2010, 09:30:20 PM
A hidden comic! scandalous!

I'm currently at loss of what exactly brought him over the edge, too. Maybe he slowly realizes what he actually heard in the last strip? In any way, strip #89 should be ... interesting... >_>

Having been through the grinder himself, I think Abel knows all to well what his next half sibling would go through.  Even more, Aniz's next wife. He just hadn't thought forward about it.

Sprinkles

400? Currently, according to the cast page, Abel is 399. I feel like we're going to see the repercussions of Fa'lina's punishment on Aniz soon in the main comic; I'm sure Dan's enrollment in SAIA has something to do with it (also, remember what Ink said to Abel in order to rile him up - about Dan being Edward's son).

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Sprinkles on January 24, 2010, 11:14:54 PM
400? Currently, according to the cast page, Abel is 399. I feel like we're going to see the repercussions of Fa'lina's punishment on Aniz soon in the main comic; I'm sure Dan's enrollment in SAIA has something to do with it (also, remember what Ink said to Abel in order to rile him up - about Dan being Edward's son).

I too noticed this. According to the cast page, Aniz has to wait one (or maybe less than) a year before he can enroll another child as a student.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_527.php
Abel's reaction puzzles me. "Why would he care about Dan being Edward's son and not Destania's?"
I thought Abel got agitated just because Edward is Destania's husband. As we have all seen, Destania left a lasting impression on Abel.
Now that I think about it, though, it feels as if something is slipping through the cracks here...
I think I can safely say that drama is approaching, and when it hits, it will hit us like ton of bricks.

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on January 24, 2010, 11:41:53 PM
it will hit us like ton of bricks.
Yay I like bricks...

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on January 24, 2010, 11:41:53 PM
"Why would he care about Dan being Edward's son and not Destania's?"
Too easy gotta say it... Aniz is Edward *waits for people to yell at me*

AmigaDragon

That has been postulated several times. No, Edward isn't Aniz, Destania would know.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 25, 2010, 12:19:58 AM
That has been postulated several times. No, Edward isn't Aniz, Destania would know.
I know I felt like saying it though...

ChaosMageX

Ah, here we go, another Edward-Aniz debate.  These are so much fun to watch. >:3

Personally, I don't care if it turns out to be true or not.

However, in adding my two cents, I seem to notice a small continuity error:
On this page, Fa'lina states the ban length to be 375 years, which would end on Abel's 399th birthday.
However, on the current page, Fa'lina states that the ban will end on Abel's 400th birthday.

Now, Fa'lina could simply be rounding up Abel's age to the nearest century for simplicity's sake, or it could mean something more.  Let your theories loose, and I will enjoy reading them. :P

Icon by Sunblink

The_one_who_is_odd

Me thinks that Abel is turning 400 which would mean the ban will end on Abel's 400th birthday. Otherwise we would have missed a whole huge cool storyline...

jeffh4

Quote from: Arcblade on January 24, 2010, 09:08:19 PM
They made him cry again.  Any guesses on what sparked the tears?  Also, am I the only one to realize just now that Abel only has eight fingers, as per panel 2?
I'm pretty sure everyone in this comic has only 4 fingers per hand.  It works out well detail-wise for the artwork, plus this has saved Amber about 10 artist-months of her time from not drawing that extra finger over 1400+ comics!

Shachza

<-- #1 that is!

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: Shachza on January 25, 2010, 12:54:45 AM
I KNEW Kria wasn't all bad!

:cool
She is protecting a child she has known since he was young it's a maternal instinct just like her love for Lorenda

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on January 25, 2010, 12:58:39 AM

She is protecting a child she has known since he was young it's a maternal instinct just like her love for Lorenda

Indeed. She isn't really evil when it comes to people important to her. She is our lovable, destructive demon-mare, who only wants the best for her friends and family... and to see her daughter become a harbinger of discord, chaos, and destruction! MWAHAHAHA >:3

ahem* clears throat*

Regarding that whole "Edward is really Aniz" theory, I don't think that's the case. Go figure, it's just one of those gut feelings.
However, if that is the case and Edward turns out to be Aniz, the events ensuing after should prove interesting. Particularly Dan's expression should Abel really turn out to be his brother :3

Infranscia

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 25, 2010, 12:19:58 AM

Who says she doesn't? ~_^  Yeah, I know.  It would seem odd.  Of course, a lot of time has passed between Abel's Story and DMFA.  We don't know what would have happened to her, or her reasoning for many things.

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 25, 2010, 12:36:23 AM
Ah, here we go, another Edward-Aniz debate.  These are so much fun to watch. >:3

Personally, I don't care if it turns out to be true or not.

However, in adding my two cents, I seem to notice a small continuity error:
On this page, Fa'lina states the ban length to be 375 years, which would end on Abel's 399th birthday.
However, on the current page, Fa'lina states that the ban will end on Abel's 400th birthday.

Now, Fa'lina could simply be rounding up Abel's age to the nearest century for simplicity's sake, or it could mean something more.  Let your theories loose, and I will enjoy reading them. :P

Yeah, I think she's probably rounding it up.  I'd done the math awhile ago, myself, and noticed that.

Now, whichever way it turns out to be with the Edward = Aniz thing, I'd like to see how it works.  However, in terms of theories, I'm leaning toward it being true.  I mean, #1, there's the age thing, and Dan came to the academy when Abel's age was 399.  Coincidence?  I think not.  There's Abel's reaction at Ink's mention of Edward, which has been brought up here.  We know that Amber seems to have about everyone in the comic connected in some way.  Then there's appearance, and I don't just mean that Dan and Lexi have the same kind of tail as Aniz.  Edward and Aniz share the same coloring (except for eyes), the same taste in hair, facial or otherwise... the same face shape for crying out loud!  (Yeah, I'm a bit of an artist myself.  One thing I've been focussing on lately is face shapes and recognition.)  Also, I just noticed that Edward covers his forearms a lot of the time.  Yeah, I don't know how it would be possible.  It seems Aniz would have had to have been reborn, or stripped of his powers and possibly memory, or something.  Call me crazy, but to me, there's just too much evidence pointing toward 'true,' IMO.

...No Apollo Justice references, please.

And I, too, would like to see Dan's expression.  :3

Quote from: jeffh4 on January 25, 2010, 12:43:44 AMI'm pretty sure everyone in this comic has only 4 fingers per hand.  It works out well detail-wise for the artwork, plus this has saved Amber about 10 artist-months of her time from not drawing that extra finger over 1400+ comics!

Actually, a lot of them have three fingers on each hand, namely those that would have hooves if they were just an animal.  For example, take a look at Kria's, DP's, and Regina's cast pages.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

AmigaDragon

Even if Edward were Aniz, he wasn't the one who enrolled Dan into SAIA, so he didn't break the ban. Aaryanna was the one who submitted the application.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

iceick

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on January 25, 2010, 01:22:18 AM
Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on January 25, 2010, 12:58:39 AM

Indeed. She isn't really evil when it comes to people important to her. She is our lovable, destructive demon-mare, who only wants the best for her friends and family... and to see her daughter become a harbinger of discord, chaos, and destruction! MWAHAHAHA >:3

ahem* clears throat*

Regarding that whole "Edward is really Aniz" theory, I don't think that's the case. Go figure, it's just one of those gut feelings.
However, if that is the case and Edward turns out to be Aniz, the events ensuing after should prove interesting. Particularly Dan's expression should Abel really turn out to be his brother :3
I think that would be too much for both of them to bear. And even though Edward looks like Aniz, I have to agree that they are not the same person, because Aniz and Destania hate each other so much that Aniz would rather wait for Abel to turn 400 then to spend 100 years near Destania. And also Alesi would've been a cubi as well.

On a side note, I wonder what would happen if Kria and Abel bumped into each other in the present, would it be ackword or like a family reunion?

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on January 25, 2010, 12:43:44 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone in this comic has only 4 fingers per hand.  It works out well detail-wise for the artwork, plus this has saved Amber about 10 artist-months of her time from not drawing that extra finger over 1400+ comics!

It's quite varied, actually.  Humans have 5 digits.  Most Beings have 4 digits.  Hooved furres seem to have 3.  Matilda only has 2.

Quote from: Infranscia on January 25, 2010, 01:55:36 AM
It seems Aniz would have had to have been reborn, or stripped of his powers and possibly memory, or something.  Call me crazy, but to me, there's just too much evidence pointing toward 'true,' IMO.

Just forgetting the possible link to Edward for a moment, a rebirth is not out of the question.  Aniz in SAIA seems to have been a reasonable enough guy.  Then he goes through a traumatic experience and starts to crack up.  He spends a number of years obsessively trying to perpetuate his clan - we don't know if Abel was the first.
When Abel is delivered to the Academy, Fa'Lina tells Aniz that he can't have any more children there until Abel reaches 400, but she was willing to drop the ban if he remained at the Academy himself.
While Aniz could in principle raise children outside of the Academy, it would be a problem and his children wouldn't have the benefit of a well-rounded education.
I am thinking that Fa'Lina is doing this - denying him his obsession - to try and force him to cool off and do something else for a few centuries.  That might be enough to eventually cure him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

John Roh

for Aniz to bring a kid on the day of Abels 400th birthday wouldnt he have to allready have had a kid some years ago?.

Tapewolf

Quote from: John Roh on January 25, 2010, 04:58:48 AM
for Aniz to bring a kid on the day of Abels 400th birthday wouldnt he have to allready have had a kid some years ago?.
They would be in their mid-twenties.

jo-shadow

400 years (or 300 something as the case may be) is a long enough time that somehow the dispute between Destania and Aniz was resolved, so I don't think that Destania knowing whether Aniz would be Edward would affect if that could be the case.

Although a-lot of good points have been brought up as to how Aniz could be Edward, I think this is a strong point to the contrary:
Quote from: iceick on January 25, 2010, 04:21:08 AM
And also Alexsi would've been a cubi as well.
We know (at least as far as we can trust Alexsi's cast page) that Edward is the parent that Alexsi and Dan share genetically, and that she is classified as just a "Feline" and not a "Feline Incubus/Succubus" as dan is.

We also know from Hybrid Genetics that if one parent is Cubi, that then the child will Always be Cubi.
=Edit= looking back at hybrid genetics it says that they will be cubi unless the non-cubi parent is more powerful.

This just Leaves these options:
• Alexsi is a cubi and we don't know it. (very unlikely, would contradict the cast page and comic)
• Edward was not actually her genetic father. (unlikely, would contradict the cast page and comic)
• Aniz somehow got demoted from 'cubi to 'being' status between able's story and Alexsi's conception (no evidence that this is even possible)
• Alexsi's Mother (dan's stepmother) was/is a more powerful creature than Aniz as a cubi. That would imply that Alexsi is not a being. (again no evidence to support that)
• Edward and Aniz are not the same person.

Tapewolf

Quote from: jo-shadow on January 25, 2010, 06:25:52 AM
We also know from Hybrid Genetics that if one parent is Cubi, that then the child will Always be Cubi.

Unfortunately it's not that simple, because it does not say that.  In the last panel, Fluffy says "She'd probably look something like this if she became a 'Cubi".

What it seems to be saying is that if you have a 'Cubi and a Being the result will normally be a 'Cubi.  It also says that the child will look like the Being.

It does not rule out the possibility that the pairing can fail and result in a Being child instead.

EDIT:

Abel's story 12/13 is rather interesting in this regard: Aniz says "I felt it was better to wait 'til I knew for sure he was a 'Cubi..."

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on January 25, 2010, 01:22:18 AM
Particularly Dan's expression should Abel really turn out to be his brother :3
Full Metal Alchemist comes to mind... For people who don't watch it I'll let you in. Al is Ed's younger4 brother and Al is always saying brother...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: jo-shadow on January 25, 2010, 06:25:52 AM
• Alexsi's Mother (dan's stepmother) was/is a more powerful creature than Aniz as a cubi. That would imply that Alexsi is not a being. (again no evidence to support that)

No evidence either way, but since she was an Amazon, there remains the possibility that she was Were.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Keleth

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 25, 2010, 04:37:48 AM

While Aniz could in principle raise children outside of the Academy, it would be a problem and his children wouldn't have the benefit of a well-rounded education.
I am thinking that Fa'Lina is doing this - denying him his obsession - to try and force him to cool off and do something else for a few centuries.  That might be enough to eventually cure him.

I doubt an education of beating mothers and your children makes for a good educational plan.

And I doubt slapping someone with a banhammer is enough to cool his temper, let alone cure him. I mean, look at all the crazies that get banned from forums/chat rooms and come back just as much of a douche as prior.

Really, the only thing to 'cure' this SOB is a stab through the heart or a decapitation :b
Help! I'm gay!

candide

Poor Abel.  :crying

Now I'm sure that he's been out there listening for a while, and heard most of the conversation.

SquirrelWizard

Quote from: Drathorin on January 25, 2010, 09:39:57 AM
Really, the only thing to 'cure' this SOB is a stab through the heart or a decapitation :b

Precision Orbital Bombardment with a giant super laser of your choosing. Its best to glass the surrounding area just to be safe.

As fer the comic, could it be possible that Aniz tried to pull another stunt that he did with Abel? That is, kill off the Edward and assume his place? It could have happened after Alexsi was born, but before Destania arrived.

I mean, Aniz has faked it before, why change M.O.s?

edit: I've done some thinking, and I'm not too sure that Edward is Aniz right now. Barring physical differences (Cubis are shapeshifters, I know) It doesn't really explain the fact as to why the dragons have him in stasis rather than just outright gutting him. And.... I'm pretty certain Destania is up to snuff on cubi abilities, so she is probably aware of anything Aniz could do to fool others, so if he tried to "play Edward" she'd probably gut him. Then again, maybe she sought to end his life over 20 years of marriage.... but I jest, I dont think Edward is Aniz.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drathorin on January 25, 2010, 09:39:57 AM
I doubt an education of beating mothers and your children makes for a good educational plan.
Quite - this is why he would need SAIA.

And I doubt slapping someone with a banhammer is enough to cool his temper, let alone cure him. I mean, look at all the crazies that get banned from forums/chat rooms and come back just as much of a douche as prior.

Banned for how long, though?  We're talking about a 375 year ban here.  If you were able to ban someone for 5-15 years, and if the forum was still around (and the person remembered it) it's quite possible that their behaviour would be more reasonable.  At the end of the day we don't really know what would happen to a person with the timescales involved.

QuoteReally, the only thing to 'cure' this SOB is a stab through the heart or a decapitation :b

I'm not sure Fa'Lina thinks that - if politics were the only reason she didn't hand him over to the clans he's offended, or heck, to Destania - why did she want him to come back to the academy?  I think she was hoping to cure him.

joshofspam

I just hope Abel doesn't do anything foolish like go after Aniz.

With so little training at the Academy, I doubt Abel would stand a chance right now against Aniz.

Abel just might take Destania up on her offer. :kruger
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on January 25, 2010, 10:22:47 AM
I just hope Abel doesn't do anything foolish like go after Aniz.
Abel just might take Destania up on her offer. :kruger

I'm thinking that might be what this is leading up to, actually.