01/17/10 [DMFA #1079] - Back to civilization

Started by Garsemor, January 17, 2010, 05:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garsemor

Hey Wildy made it back from the island, also Abel just doesn't seam to catch a break.

Edit:
 Corrected your title.
   -- llearch

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Netrogo

Oh dear god. Why do I see a small tribe of primitive island dwellers with black eyes worshiping around a crewed Wildy statue made of palm leaves and mud?
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Titanium Dragon

The real question is "What happened to Abel's cheek?"

Netrogo

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on January 17, 2010, 06:03:52 AM

Drunken patron happend. The REAL question is why does he need a bandage for it? Don't cubi have the ability to heal simple wounds? I can't remember at the moment, really tired....
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I have to admit, I'm wondering that as well. When last we saw, he was dropping Genesis off in a room to sleep the drunk off, and heading back to relieve Pip at the bar, with no physical injuries.

Mental injuries from the crazy attached to the (presumably) pretty pair of breasts are a different matter, but those don't need a plaster.

Also... I'd hate to think how much fur is going to come out on that plaster. *wince*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

terrycloth

The real question is, did Wildy bring back Jyrras' goggles?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netrogo on January 17, 2010, 06:08:51 AM
Drunken patron happend. The REAL question is why does he need a bandage for it? Don't cubi have the ability to heal simple wounds? I can't remember at the moment, really tired....

I was going to say that a healing spell might give the game away, but Beings can cast those too, IIRC.  Healing via an intrinsic 'Cubi ability certainly would, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

So Wildy returns from wherever she went, should be interesting. Wonder if she ran into a primative tribe (shaman powers!) or a wandering group of druids.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Bjalf

Quote from: Netrogo on January 17, 2010, 06:08:51 AM

It's mostly a symbol of pain, I guess.

Garsemor

Hey I just noticed this, but is Wildy missing a tooth?

Eon

Yay! Wildy's back! :3

I'm very interested to find out where she ended up.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Netrogo on January 17, 2010, 06:01:23 AM
Oh dear god. Why do I see a small tribe of primitive island dwellers with black eyes worshiping around a crewed Wildy statue made of palm leaves and mud?

Why would a statue need a crew? Does it move (like a battle mech, or Lady Liberty in Ghostbusters 2)? :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Bjalf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 17, 2010, 09:24:19 AM

Why would a statue need a crew? Does it move (like a battle mech, or Lady Liberty in Ghostbusters 2)? :mowwink

It could be a Cargo Cult, they have crews.

Prof B Hunnydew

Wildy Wildy Wildy  is BACK ..... WOW... when was last time we saw Wildy... Was it the marker scene? 

PBH

Starcat5

Don't be insulting! If they didn't make it a highly detailed sculpture out of at least wood, she would have wiped them out on general principle.
:/life
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

SquirrelWizard

You know... for a cubi who feeds off of misery, he's a tad picky about where it comes from...
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Starcat5

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on January 17, 2010, 10:30:16 AM
You know... for a cubi who feeds off of misery, he's a tad picky about where it comes from...

Just becouse that is the food that gives him the biggest kick, doesn't mean he likes the flavor.

From his cast page:
Favorite Food: Roast Duck/Confusion
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Corgatha Taldorthar

With Wildy involved, I don't think *she's* going to be radiating off misery.......

And waaagh. I always just assumed 'Cubi could easily shapeshift cuts closed. Now mebbe Abel doesn't want to give himself away, but still.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

ChaosMageX

Wildy was last seen in strip 1021, 58 strips ago.

Now that she's back, I can't wait to see the massive beating she'll most likely give Fi for devouring her.

Icon by Sunblink

We now present to you: The Life of Abel (short version)

• 20+ years as a being... Yup, good times...
  • 370+ years as a student in SAIA... Bah, that was nothing...
  • 6 hours as a bartender in Lost Lake Inn... Kill me...? Please...?

JackTheCubiWolf

I had forgot that Wildy was sent to an island, I would like to know what happened. Although, we'll probably never know.
I'm back, and tired.

Arcblade

Yay, Wildy returns.  Let the hilarity ensue!

Lucheek

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Wildy san
Ask me what I did this week?
Was there photographs?

With regards,
Ted

AmigaDragon

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on January 17, 2010, 10:30:16 AM

What? She doesn't look miserable to me, she looks happy to be back. Besides, cubi feed off various emotions, clans and individuals just have an affinity for certain ones (I suppose getting more out of it).

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 17, 2010, 10:49:40 AMAnd waaagh. I always just assumed 'Cubi could easily shapeshift cuts closed. Now mebbe Abel doesn't want to give himself away, but still.

That would assume that (1) someone  noticed and cares whether he was hurt, and (2) they can tell (or care) what kind of healing he had (cubi ability, spells or the regular slow natural healing).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jasonrevall

Did she beat up Rafiki and take his staff? I wonder if she can cast nature spells with it?
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

A. Lurker

Quote from: Jasonrevall on January 17, 2010, 02:03:06 PM
Did she beat up Rafiki and take his staff? I wonder if she can cast nature spells with it?

Well, Wildy actually is something of a shaman (as seen way back when). The staff looks new, though. ;)

jeffh4

I like Wildy's personal philosophy.

Every setback is a chance for fun adventure. . . . .and maybe some head smashing!

Referring to above, I wouldn't be surprised if she beat up the local shaman/leader and now has statues of herself scattered across the jungle!

Naldru

Well, given Wildy's personality, we can imagine what she would do on a desert island.

Capture a dozen pirate ships and engage in a period of piracy so violent and evil that it will be the source of nightmares for a thousand years.

Get captured by a tribe of headhunters and defeat them with such violence that the rivers turn red with blood and the lamentation of their women would drown out the ocean.  Sell the other captives to their families for ransom and loot the storehouses, laughing while she crushes her enemies and sees them driven before her.  For five thousand years the villagers build giant statues of her, hoping that this act of propitiation will keep her from returning to their shores.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.