01/16/10 [DMFA #1078] Because you called

Started by AmigaDragon, January 16, 2010, 03:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

I suppose that could be a good indication of relationship material.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Dard

Why would anyone run schreaming when she asked?  :erk

hawkofthenorth

Quote from: Dard on January 16, 2010, 05:04:03 AM

Fire breathing, rip-off-arm-beating, being an almost exclusively vicious Mythos type aside, of course.

iceick

Good question. It could be somewhere between her breathing fire :rm and her ripping her brothers arm off and beating him with it :smack.

Edit: Dang someone beat me to the post

A. Lurker

Maybe there's something we don't know yet about her specific kind of Mythos that would make dating her sound like an extra-bad idea.

It certainly can't be her personality, and given all the species running around in Furrae I'd be surprised to hear that people were afraid of her solely based on her looks either. That leaves "well, duh, she's dangerous!"...but that doesn't seem to stop other Creatures (and some of the more notorious Beings) from enjoying perfectly working if perhaps quirky relationships, either.

Eon

MT Hazard

I wonder how many taurs like Matilda there are about?

Some two legged guys might not date her because they see an, aha, 'access' problem. But considering their are successful being/ dragon relationships and a least on cubi taur walking around I'm sure things could be worked out, love conquers all and all that.

edit: its also possible that she is double jointed.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 16, 2010, 05:57:58 AM
Some two legged guys might not date her because they see an, aha, 'access' problem. But considering their are successful being/ dragon relationships and a least on cubi taur walking around I'm sure things could be worked out, love conquers all and all that.

edit: its also possible that she is double jointed.

Dan basically has what is tentacle wings, I doubt ther'd be any "access problems" at all.

I think we are more down to what people find pleasing to their eyes.
And I'm guessing that most bi-pedals would prefer dating other bipedals as well.

I mean, do you look at a horse and think "mMmmmmm ... nice ... wife material there"  ?
Most likely not, because it wouldn't even make you look in the first place.

Anyways ... Dan and Matilda is cute together and have great conversations.
That's all that really matters in a comic.

:)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dard

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 16, 2010, 06:16:24 AM
For those not following Amber on FA, there is a deleted scene here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3275557/
Wow, that was a very nice page. I wonder why it was considered too risky, IMO there were other pages in DMFA already that pushed the PG much much more. (like the 'wingspan' scene and of course Gen's 'ignore these')

But I can't really complain. This way I got two updates for the time of one! :)

Chaos

Well, things are a two way street. This is someone who was initially attracted to a male who's family and kin are known for feeding off the pain and suffering of other creatures for the basest substance of their diet.

Anker Steadfast

ah .. too bad, I think it would have been a good one.
But I can see why she dropped it.

But it's a good joke. :)

Mao

I should add that, if you haven't already, you should sign up for an FA account and watch her just in case she adds more in the future.  I seem to recall her mentioning to me in brief that future scrapped ideas will probably show up there.  It probably wouldn't hurt to leave a shout, fav a couple works, and comment on her stuff, just so you can show your appreciation of her work.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 16, 2010, 07:27:50 AM
I should add that, if you haven't already, you should sign up for an FA account and watch her just in case she adds more in the future.  I seem to recall her mentioning to me in brief that future scrapped ideas will probably show up there.

She has also posted some panels without text when she is particularly pleased with a backdrop.

Shachza

Quote from: A. Lurker on January 16, 2010, 05:17:21 AM
Why would anyone run schreaming when she asked?  :erk

Maybe there's something we don't know yet about her specific kind of Mythos that would make dating her sound like an extra-bad idea.

It certainly can't be her personality, and given all the species running around in Furrae I'd be surprised to hear that people were afraid of her solely based on her looks either. That leaves "well, duh, she's dangerous!"...but that doesn't seem to stop other Creatures (and some of the more notorious Beings) from enjoying perfectly working if perhaps quirky relationships, either.

It could be like Zebra Girl; all her bodily fluids are acidic or molten or something.  That would make dating a Blue Volcano Mythos deadly for most.  No, bad forum, stop thinking that way!  I was talking about sneezing!

Matty:  *Ah-CHOO!*
Guy:  "AUGH!  I'm melting...!"
Matty:  "I lose more boyfriends that way..."  :(
            <-- #1 that is!

Bjalf

Quote from: Shachza on January 16, 2010, 08:57:38 AM
It could be like Zebra Girl; all her bodily fluids are acidic or molten or something.  That would make dating a Blue Volcano Mythos deadly for most.  No, bad forum, stop thinking that way!  I was talking about sneezing!

Matty:  *Ah-CHOO!*
Guy:  "AUGH!  I'm melting...!"
Matty:  "I lose more boyfriends that way..."  :(

Well, Dan feeds on pain (his own too?) and regenerates limbs, so it could still work out.

... suuure, sneezing. heh heh heh   ;)

Caswin

Quote from: A. Lurker on January 16, 2010, 05:17:21 AM
It certainly can't be her personality...
I don't know about "run away screaming", but her very... overt way of flirting might not help.

Since she brought it up, this did make me wonder (again) how Matilda considered Dan a good enough "candidate" to give him her phone number her to begin with.  Did she read that far into what Dan's frantic protests against being an incubus (and, to a certain extent, his discouraging Mab from becoming a murderous genie) implied about him?  If so, she's... alright, she's good.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Caswin on January 16, 2010, 09:34:59 AM
Since she brought it up, this did make me wonder (again) how Matilda considered Dan a good enough "candidate" to give him her phone number her to begin with.  Did she read that far into what Dan's frantic protests against being an incubus (and, to a certain extent, his discouraging Mab from becoming a murderous genie) implied about him?  If so, she's... alright, she's good.

She seems to have the ability to see into people's souls.  She saw that Dan was basically a nice guy, and this is probably how she realised he was 'Cubi in the first place.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_640.php

Bjalf

Lucheek

...You know, I wonder how a third eye affects her depth perciption.

Also, seriously, this arc is making me like Matilda a lot more (not that I didn't like her before.) Patience is always a good value for one to have!

Eon

Amber's on FA?! *watch watch*

I love her art. :3

tiggertoo

I've always considered her third eye to be more for seeing arcane/hidden things. Viewing Dan's soul and seeing thru changes in form and such.

Also - they have creature-to-being morphing amulets - as we see here: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_78.php  Just saying.

I'm very glad things are turning out so well on this date for both of them. Dan might often be a stupidhead, but he was honest with her too.

Eon

Quote from: tiggertoo on January 16, 2010, 02:39:44 PM
I've always considered her third eye to be more for seeing arcane/hidden things. Viewing Dan's soul and seeing thru changes in form and such.

Also - they have creature-to-being morphing amulets - as we see here: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_78.php  Just saying.

I'm very glad things are turning out so well on this date for both of them. Dan might often be a stupidhead, but he was honest with her too.

I think Dan is a lot less stupid than people give him credit for. :3

jeffh4

Thanks for posting this.

Naldru

I just find it so amusing that Matilda is disussing her lack of fur on Fur Affinity.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Anker Steadfast

iceick

By the way, on the topic of relationships, does anyone know where I can find a dimentional gate to their world as seen in episode #59. I would like to see if I can get a date with Wildy. :love2

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 16, 2010, 10:49:39 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 16, 2010, 05:57:58 AMlove conquers all and all that.

Except gravity.  :D

Oh and by the way, funny little comic.