clan founders

Started by PhoenixMiranda, January 19, 2010, 05:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixMiranda

(Did a forum search and didn't find anything on this so I'm starting a topic.)

Hm.  So far we've actually seen four founders (that I can think of):  Cyra, Siar, Fa'Lina, and Kish'Ta.  All are female.  Now, it may be too soon to form any sort of hypothesis at this point, but do I see a trend?  Or will I have to be patient and wait for Mink to finish that report to get an answer to that question?

:)

(Please don't take this to be me clamoring for spoilers.  If Amber says to wait, then I'm quite happy to do so.  Makes it more interesting.  That up there is just something to ponder.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: PhoenixMiranda on January 19, 2010, 05:43:27 AM
Hm.  So far we've actually seen four founders (that I can think of).  All are female.  Now, it may be too soon to form any sort of hypothesis at this point, but do I see a trend?

Yeah.  I asked about this a while ago - there are male clan founders, it's not a girl-only thing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

I'm guessing it might link up with the fact that most females tend to be more nurturing than males.
Not that they cannot be complete bastards .. Magnificent Bastards even.

But hey, any vague excuse for having to do more work, is probably in Amber's favor.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

A. Lurker

Of course, let's not forget that we are dealing with shapeshifters here. So:

Books.

Covers.

The rest is left as an exercise for the reader. :paranoid

Anker Steadfast

BAH, humbug.

Books are too heavy to lift.  :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

iceick

I think what A. Lurker is saying is that cubi can also change  genders as well.

LionHeart

I seem to recall Amber saying at one point that shapeshifting into the other gender does not give a Cubi the ability to "reproduce" as the other gender.

Not that this would be so much of an issue with a founder, perhaps...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

candide

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 19, 2010, 05:49:12 AM
Hm.  So far we've actually seen four founders (that I can think of).  All are female.  Now, it may be too soon to form any sort of hypothesis at this point, but do I see a trend?

Yeah.  I asked about this a while ago - there are male clan founders, it's not a girl-only thing.

I can't wait to see one of the male clan founders.   :mowtongue

iceick

Quote from: candide on January 19, 2010, 11:25:22 AM

I can't wait to see one of the male clan founders.   :mowtongue

That assuming they didn't all die in the dragon/cubi war.

Shachza

Quote from: LionHeart on January 19, 2010, 11:19:32 AM
I seem to recall Amber saying at one point that shapeshifting into the other gender does not give a Cubi the ability to "reproduce" as the other gender.

Not that this would be so much of an issue with a founder, perhaps...

Cyrak, Siareth, Fa'linar, Kish'tan...

No!  Damn you for making me question their femininity!  ARRRRRRG!
            <-- #1 that is!

PhoenixMiranda

Ah.  I guess my search string was a little off then--I didn't find anything on the topics of founder gender or founder female, no matter how I worded it.  That or the thread's just not in the archive for some reason--too old, or made before it was on Clockwork Orange?  *shrug* Guess it doesn't really matter.  Thanks for the info; I'm looking forward to meeting the guys as well.  I'm actually glad to see that the Cubi aren't entirely matrilineal or patrilineal when it comes to this.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: PhoenixMiranda on January 19, 2010, 02:12:33 PM
Ah.  I guess my search string was a little off then--I didn't find anything on the topics of founder gender or founder female, no matter how I worded it.  That or the thread's just not in the archive for some reason--too old, or made before it was on Clockwork Orange?  *shrug* Guess it doesn't really matter.  Thanks for the info; I'm looking forward to meeting the guys as well.  I'm actually glad to see that the Cubi aren't entirely matrilineal or patrilineal when it comes to this.

You could try on the archive of the old site, I guess.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

JackTheCubiWolf

I hope it's ok I ask this question here since it involves clan founders, but is it all triwing cubi that can't reproduce, or just clan founders? I've been wondering that for awhile.
I'm back, and tired.

PhoenixMiranda

You could try on the archive of the old site, I guess.
[/quote]

And where would that be?  I haven't been reading this comic from the beginning and this is the only site I know.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: PhoenixMiranda on January 19, 2010, 10:12:04 PM
And where would that be?  I haven't been reading this comic from the beginning and this is the only site I know.

That would be here. Enjoy. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears