12/26/09 [DMFA #1070] - Okay who ordered the kids meal?

Started by thegayhare, December 25, 2009, 11:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Wow man thats rough...
They hated P Ducky's old mn so much the formed aliances ith his children...

ooklah

the first thing that jumped into my head was "wooo!! PLOT!" and then ground gears into a more serious nature.
That's pretty nasty "here's his child, (who knows nothing of what's going on) to do with whatever you see fit."
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Arcblade

Now *that's* revenge.  I'm kind of surprised they didn't just kill the kids outright.  Kind of like the Familicide spell used here, I suppose:  http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0639.html 

But then we wouldn't have Pyroduck, and that would be sad. 

Also, shiny new character profiles!  Finally, Fa'Lina's cast page can be mentioned without fear of bannage!  

Psaakyrn

Also, dull wings, black clothing and drapery... emo Fa'Lina?
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

OminousShadow

Randomly Shadowed Cubi:Here is your order of one baby Dragon Fa'Lina
Fa'Lina:SQUEEEE! He's so Cute. I'm gonna keep him and raise him!
RSC:WTF?!?!

Edit:Just noticed how Fa'Lina looks. And while that wouldn't have been her reaction then... knowing how she is now, that is how she would possibly normally react.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Techcubi

Sooooooo, He was a 'gift' to Fa'lina? So, apparently, instead of her finding him, someone GAVE him to her. He must of been the lucky one out of all his brothers and sisters, huh?

OminousShadow

Quote from: Techcubi on December 26, 2009, 12:03:11 AM
Sooooooo, He was a 'gift' to Fa'lina? So, apparently, instead of her finding him, someone GAVE him to her. He must of been the lucky one out of all his brothers and sisters, huh?

Now that you mention it, more than likely. And any that are alive but through less than pleasant circumstances, if they ever find out about him, I would be worried
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Techcubi

Hey, how does one link strips on the Wiku wiki?

Edit: Eh, nvm. Someone can just fix the link that I managed to screw up on Pyroduck's page.

Arcblade

Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 25, 2009, 11:59:47 PM

Probably.   Her entire clan *did* get wiped out recently. 

Jasonrevall

Hey Fa'lina and Pyro have the same color eyes. Fancy that.

Edit: Wait, does Mab know Pyro is a dragon? Can demi god like creatures interfere in the future sight seeing of other demi god like creatures? Can pyro be an unforeseen force that can save the 2 that would die from their demise? Will cheese ever be made into a drinkable form that can be sold to the masses? So many questions, so little an attention span. Wait, what am I doing here when i could be mining Kernite in Amarr space!? Gotta fly! *insert zoom noise here*
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Anker Steadfast

On a sidenote on Ambers commentary that goes with todays comic, Even the bigwigs in comic production do it. I mean, just look at Spiderman and his surroundings, I think everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, including his aunt may and his wife, has at some point been either a superhero, or a supervillain (or both), with a tragic/unusual background (or both).

Cheer up girl, it happens to even the best when running long stories.
But it's also part of what makes the story universe to interesting in the long run. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Madmann135

Talk about a perfect revenge.  Fi'Lana raises a dragon as her son, the child of the dragon who wiped out her clan in essence added an unexpected member to the Fi'Lana clan... who happens to be a dragon.

Imagine changing those diapers and baby's first fire breathing.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 26, 2009, 01:54:07 AM
...the child of the dragon who wiped out her clan in essence...
...Did I miss something, or are you just speculating? :confused

Unless I'm off, all we know is that Pyroduck's father did -something- to hurt Fa'Lina, but we don't know exactly what it was yet...

Baal Hadad

Jyrras's parents aren't pyscho?   :erk

Well, I guess his sisters take care of that....

I am glad to know some of Pyroduck's backstory--although I wonder what else we might find out....

Cogidubnus

Elegant Fa'Lina appears elegant. And much different without her normal blaring pink.

Groundless Speculation: If we are to draw more conclusions from Fa'Lina's current look than she liked slate-colored drapes and darker clothing at one point, her current image is, perhaps, Pyroduck's doing. I shall go ahead and hazard without any possible backing that her outfit here reflects her state of mind after losing her entire clan. Pyroduck, a child given to her that she could not have herself, might have brought her out of the funk she appears here be in.

celelorien

Quote from: Arcblade on December 26, 2009, 12:30:56 AM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 25, 2009, 11:59:47 PM

Probably.   Her entire clan *did* get wiped out recently. 

Yeah, definitely going to go with the "in mourning" theory, along with the "Pyroduck's dad is the jerk who trashed most of her clan" theory.

@Cogidubnus: Considering how she reacted to the thought of grandchildren via Ducky.... XD  I'd say supposing Ducky himself was responsible for getting her cheerful and pink again isn't too bad a guess.

Bjalf

Hmmm. Re-reading the old stuff, I notice that Pyroduck has a pink feather in his braid here. Which could be significant.

Or he could just have a feather fetish.

Quote from: Arcblade on December 25, 2009, 11:49:52 PM
Also, shiny new character profiles!  Finally, Fa'Lina's cast page can be mentioned without fear of bannage! 

Yay! Fa'Lina's been outed! No more secrets for her!

... err, that sounded better in my head.

Dard

Wow.
If I understand correctly, Pyroduck is ancient. As ancient as SAIA. I thought he would be relatively young.

Line of reasoning:
- Fa'Lina's clan was wiped out during the dragon-cubi wars.
- Pyroduck was given "during the dragon-cubi wars".
- After her clan was destroyed,  Fa'Lina vanished only to return later to found SAIA.

Speculation:
Fa'Lina vanished to raise Pyroduck in quiet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dard on December 26, 2009, 04:13:57 AM
Wow.
If I understand correctly, Pyroduck is ancient. As ancient as SAIA. I thought he would be relatively young.
He's less than ten thousand years old, so for a Dragon, he's very, very young  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

MT Hazard

Is P.D's father is still around do you think he will try and reclaim him at some point?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Techcubi on December 26, 2009, 12:12:26 AM
Hey, how does one link strips on the Wiku wiki?

Edit: Eh, nvm. Someone can just fix the link that I managed to screw up on Pyroduck's page.

{{strip|<stripnumber>}} - so, in this case, {{strip|1070}}, which Kasarn kindly edited for you. He missed the typo in the clan name, though. Please watch for things like that - names are especially tricky, so we like to pay attention to getting them right...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcblade

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 26, 2009, 02:12:09 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on December 26, 2009, 01:54:07 AM
...the child of the dragon who wiped out her clan in essence...
...Did I miss something, or are you just speculating? :confused

Unless I'm off, all we know is that Pyroduck's father did -something- to hurt Fa'Lina, but we don't know exactly what it was yet...

I'm pretty sure we don't know who wiped out Fa'Lina's clan.  But I was of the impression that another Cubi clan did it...  as per Aniz' too-loose tongue, panicked reaction, and Fa'Lina's ultimatum bit in Abel's Story 15-17.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arcblade on December 26, 2009, 07:49:13 AM
I'm pretty sure we don't know who wiped out Fa'Lina's clan.  But I was of the impression that another Cubi clan did it...  as per Aniz' too-loose tongue, panicked reaction, and Fa'Lina's ultimatum bit in Abel's Story 15-17.

Difficult to say.  I would not be surprised - if it was done by a rival clan - if a Dragon faction had instigated it somehow, or egged the other clan on.  However, given the sorry state of Siar clan, I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out that Dragons were directly responsible.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kaskar

And thus starts Pyroduck's story to Alexi. Hope he gets it all in by the time the salad comes ...

Quote from: Cogidubnus on December 26, 2009, 02:44:45 AM
Elegant Fa'Lina appears elegant. And much different without her normal blaring pink.

Groundless Speculation: If we are to draw more conclusions from Fa'Lina's current look than she liked slate-colored drapes and darker clothing at one point, her current image is, perhaps, Pyroduck's doing. I shall go ahead and hazard without any possible backing that her outfit here reflects her state of mind after losing her entire clan. Pyroduck, a child given to her that she could not have herself, might have brought her out of the funk she appears here be in.

:
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Garsemor

Quote from: kaskar on December 26, 2009, 07:54:51 AM
 And thus starts Pyroduck's story to Alexi. Hope he gets it all in by the time the salad comes ...
You mean the main cours. heh  :giggle

Prof B Hunnydew

On Fa lina cast page

What?   Fa'lina's favorite food is muffin, Is ain't ?  We don't know what emotion is her favorite...but She like muffins... :mowcookie  PBH

On a first date, Pyro is brave to be coming clean with Alexsi.  Let's hope Dan is as understanding as Alexsi.
but Dan has his own worries with the other sex.

PBH

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 26, 2009, 07:53:31 AM
Quote from: Arcblade on December 26, 2009, 07:49:13 AM

Difficult to say.  I would not be surprised - if it was done by a rival clan - if a Dragon faction had instigated it somehow, or egged the other clan on.  However, given the sorry state of Siar clan, I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out that Dragons were directly responsible.

The other way around is easily possible, that Sair clan somehow instigated a mega dragon to go trashing Fa'Lina's clan, or sold out her defenses or somesuch.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lucheek

...I really want to call Pyroduck's dad "Pyrodaddy." (Also, does this mean Fa'Lina named Pyroduck? I've always wondered about that name.) and is it just me or do the bangs on the Evil Mysterious Cubi make it look like she(?) is wall-eyed?