12/18/09 [DMFA #1066] - The Batlle of Hastings?] A Short Topic of Conversation.

Started by TheAuldGrump, December 18, 2009, 05:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAuldGrump

Short Indeed. And Dan is probably happier that way.... Both because and because. :P

The Auld Grump, this can't be first, can it?

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dard

Lucheek

....Is it Dan eating a leg of ham without cutting it up?

Why do I notice things like that?

Psaakyrn

It can't be that short though if Matilda sort-of talked about it in 4 pages... (at least, regarding clothing) But would the last part get mentioned?
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

joshofspam

Roast go nom, nom, nom, nom.

Well just cause she doesn't have hair and wears few clothing doesn't mean she can't enjoy all the stiles out their.

Yes that black belt was awfully fetching on her. ;)

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Jasonrevall

I like seeing this side of Dan. He is so cute in the last panel too.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

OminousShadow

I think this is the longest time I've seen Dan not making a fool of himself or angsting over something out of his control.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

MT Hazard

Is it just my imagination or is Matilda's waist smaller in the last panel?  Then again most of her organs are probably in her lower body, that and she may not even have normal sized lungs.

Quote from: OminousShadow on December 18, 2009, 10:11:16 AM
I think this is the longest time I've seen Dan not making a fool of himself or angsting over something out of his control.

He kind of gave up his original plans and now he's just focusing on having a good date, plus Matilda's a good match, forgiving, understanding and a similar shade of blue.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Scrap Fish

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on December 18, 2009, 09:28:43 AM
Now if she wanted to talk about shoes, especially high heels...
I tried to imagine the centaur-stiletto combo. o.O I decided to quit.

Quote from: Lucheek on December 18, 2009, 06:59:44 AM

Hmm... Yes. Or a roast. (I'm thinking a roast.)

Quote from: OminousShadow on December 18, 2009, 10:11:16 AM
Well, it seems that she brings out the best in him.

...It's probably the similar blues...

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 18, 2009, 10:14:33 AM
Is it just my imagination or is Matilda's waist smaller in the last panel?  Then again most of her organs are probably in her lower body, that and she may not even have normal sized lungs.

No real comment, but I'm gratified to see someone else thinking along the same, overdetailed road that my own thoughts usually run down.

Actually, I do have one. Matilda doesn't seem to have eaten anything...... Odd, at least to me. Some weird dietary restrictions due to species/culture? Of course, she did suggest the place, so you'd think that she'd want to visit some place that actually has food for her.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

thegayhare

Oh no it's not a ham...  It's a roast bug wit the head cutoff an a stick through it.  they are obviously in an insect restaurant.  probably bugs-on-a-stick

and for desert jalapenos 

Naldru

Quote from: Scrap Fish on December 18, 2009, 10:30:40 AM
Well, it seems that she brings out the best in him.

...It's probably the similar blues...
So you're saying it's hard to have the blues when the blues don't clash.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kuari

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 18, 2009, 11:19:04 AMActually, I do have one. Matilda doesn't seem to have eaten anything...... Odd, at least to me. Some weird dietary restrictions due to species/culture? Of course, she did suggest the place, so you'd think that she'd want to visit some place that actually has food for her.
Well, there IS a page that mentions her race generally eating flammable things...  and its a bar & grill.  I'm willing to bet the clear stuff she's been drinking isn't water.

MT Hazard

Quote from: thegayhare on December 18, 2009, 11:38:44 AM

Oh no it's not a ham...  It's a roast bug wit the head cutoff an a stick through it.  they are obviously in an insect restaurant.  probably bugs-on-a-stick

and for desert jalapenos 

There are certain things it's okay to eat with you hands, maybe this is one of them, either that or he's trying to stop any more feet getting in.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 18, 2009, 06:15:17 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on December 18, 2009, 06:11:42 AM
How honest of him.  :3

They say it's the best policy.  Sometimes that's actually true...

Yeah, a discussion about hairstyles and clothing would be boring.

Madmann135

Shouldn't we be buying Matilda a round or drinks in her honor?
Dan may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he does have his moments where he says something enlightening.  Fortunately for Dan he seems to be on a lucky roll with Matilda.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Kuari

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 18, 2009, 06:53:14 PM
Yeah, a discussion about hairstyles and clothing would be boring.

Especially considering Matilda lacks both for the most part.  Only way that conversation would go anywhere is if she dragged him to a dressing room so she can dress him up, to which he'd respond, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"