10/03/09 [DMFA #1045] - She must spend a fortune on replacement vases

Started by RobbieThe1st, October 03, 2009, 03:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

Quite an interesting family it seems.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

jeffh4

No, Kria doesn't spend a fortune on replacement vases.

She obviously has them insured at a much higher value than their retail worth.

Deadly? Yes. 
Sociopathic? Maybe.   
Stupid? No.

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

MT Hazard

I have to wonder if Dan if asking that question due to his own family, which we know contains at least one evil (reformed?) cubi and one adventurer who is also (probably) a killer. He is asking 'how do you cope?' he may mean 'how will I cope?'
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 03, 2009, 04:38:41 AM
I have to wonder if Dan if asking that question due to his own family, which we know contains at least one evil (reformed?) cubi and one adventurer who is also (probably) a killer.

Yeah, I imagine he might, being new to all that.  Of course, his own career as an adventurer involved killing people too, so I would suspect he's more worried about his mother if he is comparing notes.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Succubus_1982

Ah Kria you never disappoint. And yes Lorenda part of the fun of tantrums is smashing stuff up! Whats wrong with you girl?
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on October 03, 2009, 06:31:29 AM
Ah Kria you never disappoint. And yes Lorenda part of the fun of tantrums is smashing stuff up! Whats wrong with you girl?

Oh, sure, but it's no fun if you're offered things to break. The best part is that it's stuff you shouldn't be smashing...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

wolf-hunter90

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 03, 2009, 06:40:43 AM

Oh, sure, but it's no fun if you're offered things to break. The best part is that it's stuff you shouldn't be smashing...

that is so true, and its even better if you have something to smash with. thank the person who came up with hammer :mowsmile

bradypodidae

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 03, 2009, 06:40:43 AM

In a family were rampaging is an expected profession, wouldn't destructive tantrums be considered proper child developmental behavior? So to carry llearch's thought a step farther, not throwing a tantrum is the rebellious action. I see Lorenda's independent streak goes back to her childhood, and I can hear Kria saying, "Bah, she gets it from her Dad's side of the family!"
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Tapewolf

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on October 03, 2009, 08:51:40 AM
So to carry llearch's thought a step farther, not throwing a tantrum is the rebellious action.

Yes, that was how I read the strip.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

I know how Destania had supposedly reformed her evil ways for the sake of Edward, but do you think in a way that she had secretly hoped that Dan would show an evil streak as a child and maybe do some young incubus things.

You know, certain interactions with his female peers that might have been considered inappropriate for a being

Maybe that's why Dan was asking how Lorenda copes with letting her family down all the time.

I think that Lorenda was in fact breaking her mother's heart by not breaking her material things.

It's sort a reversed version of how some beings break their mothers' hearts by falling in with criminal/drug gangs and doing horrible things.

This bad crowd that Lorenda fell into had a lot to do with trying to form peace between the creatures and beings, mostly because there are a lot of whining beings that constantly complain about creatures sacking hamlets and villages, just waiting for adventurers to coddle them by slaying those creatures or making peace between them.

And yet do adventurers or these peace groups ever go out of their way to save beings from forces much more destructive than 100s of creatures put together?
Destructive forces with names like Katrina, Rita, Wilma, or Ike.
Or how about destructive forces that beings have made themselves, with names like Fat Man and Little Boy?

Hmmm...on the other hand, do you think the acts of being terrorists and criminals would even be taken seriously in a world where creatures do that sort of destruction practically on a daily basis?

Also on the other hand, wouldn't some beings take out large property insurance deals on their homes/businesses and life insurance deals on their relatives and then welcome the destruction of creatures to make them rich?

Or how about filing a criminal lawsuit against the demons over the destruction they've caused?
That 'fine' that Kria had to pay over the death of 12 beings might have been part of a successful lawsuit filed by a relative of one of the deceased.

Icon by Sunblink

Teroniss

Krai, shame on you, trying to enforce the Bull in the China Closet effect on Lorenda >.<

The phrase is bad enough when NOT taken literally......

Madmann135

There are times I would not mind having Kira as a parent, yes she's evil but she has an interesting way of raising her child.  Providing easily breakable items for tantrums is one of those moments.  If only I had that as a child... I probably wouldn't be so destruction obsessed as I am today.

On a side note Lorenda has an impressive amount of self control.

Quote from: Teroniss on October 03, 2009, 11:14:43 AM
Krai, shame on you, trying to enforce the Bull in the China Closet effect on Lorenda >.<

A bull is a male cow... so no literal text here.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 03, 2009, 11:16:33 AM
On a side note Lorenda has an impressive amount of self control.

Not as much as you'd think.  She hasn't done it in a while so you tend to forget that she eats beings that piss her off.

Icon by Sunblink

Fex

ooo ooo may I do it in her place? I always dreamed off smashing rare vases.

ooklah

But mythbusters proved they don't smash things in the china shop.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Lucheek

Hmm... intresting. Also, I really like Kria's dress in this.

Teroniss

[/quote]

I was being facetious. Try not to take things too seriously or literal >.>

Naldru

Quote from: Teroniss on October 03, 2009, 12:41:44 PM

I was being facetious. Try not to take things too seriously or literal >.>
Really?  No bull?

Actually a cow is a female member of a species of domesticated cattle.  Referring to a male cow reminds me of the She Male character in Supermegatopia.  Since cattle is by definition plural, I actually saw a fairly long article discussing what should be the proper gender neutral term for a single member of a species of cattle.  This would probably be the kind of discussion that William Safire would have loved.  (William Safire was a journalist who had a weekly column on uses and abuses of the English language.)

Edit:  (in response to Kage)

Bovine is an adjective.  Including yaks, bison, oxen, etc. is not a problem since cows and bulls can be any of those species.  Bovid would probably work.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kage

One could argue that "bovine" is pretty gender neutral, but then it also covers things like oxen, buffaloes, and yaks.  :P
I am the Patron Saint of Mediocrity.

Attic Rat

And those of us currently enrolled as "dislocated Workers" in the Yakima Valley Community College must, of course, revere the Mighty Yaks... But still the greater wisdom lies in the rarity of those precious vases. Do they not become even more highly valued as they become more rare? Then by all means, buy them up by the carload, and then destroy them! When only one is left, its value will be incalculable!
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

thegayhare

I just wonder how old she is in that scene

I'm thinking a 10 year old Lorenda