The War Continues (D&D RP Thread)

Started by Manawolf, July 16, 2006, 07:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

"Alright, everybody up the rope," Josh said taking hold.

He had no trouble scaling the wall with the rope.

Neither did Marethial.

With both of them now on top of the rampart, they waved for the rest to follow.

Snuggles

Ket still hovering above them starts to look around Searching around for anything.

Manawolf

Ket does not find anything within 5 feet of where he is (OOC: Because search is used to check a 5 foot area.  I think you meant to perform a spot check).

Reese Tora

Marosharr climbs the rope with careful deliberate movements.  He reaches the top of the wall, but stays loy and in cover of the battlements, cautious of casting a sillouete or shadow that might alert an enemy.  He carefully peers over the ramparts and checks to see if any foes might be present to witness thier descent to the ground outside the city walls.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Manawolf

Marosharr can see the marshes right outside the city walls, but he sees no one nearby.

e_voyager

Eiram grips the rope with both hands and begins to climb. his hound in a sling on his back
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Snuggles

Seeing that everyone is get over without much help, He lands and folds his wings in again and looks up to see everyone getting over the wall.  He has his hand on his hilt of his weapon just in case something is going to attack.

Manawolf

Everyone makes it to the rampart.

"Alright, down the other side," Josh whispers to them, "Quav, tie the rope off on the other side so we can repel down."

Reese Tora

Marosharr takes the initiative, and his rope, and hauls it up and over to drop the loose end over the outward side of the wall.  He makes a few adjustments to ensure it deosn't slip free frmo the point it was already secured to.

"I ssuggest the strongest climber descend lhast and climb down unasssisted, so the rope is not left hanging for enemy forces to use."

The dark catfolk then lowers himself over the side of the wall, quickly disapearing into the darkness below

Manawolf

"Keothi, you head down last.  It should be no problem for a monk such as yourself," Josh turns to the rest, "Marosharr, Eiram, head down first and scout for any signs of enemies in the area."

e_voyager

Eiram and lands lightly as he reached the bottom of the rope. his hounds jumps form it's confinement. with a hand gesture he silences the hound and glazes around the area attempt to spot  any hazards or threats.

EDIT.

he spots a suspicious shadows hanging in the water. he is unsure of what it is as it is  about 80 away, just around the bend leading into the swamp. this distance makes it It is hard to make out, but its definitely there.
a moment later he closes his eyes to focus and listens as well hoping for clues.  with an upraised hand  palm away form the group he  calls for attention  then  he gestures in the direction of the shadow in the water gesturing that they should show caution.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Zaon

Min climbs down the otherside and joins Quav as they wait for the rest of their party to join them.

Malakin

Malakin climbs down behind Min, rearranging his armour at the bottom..
He approaches Eiram carefully, and whispers to him : "What is it? More kuo-toan ?"
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

e_voyager

Eiram replies in a oft whisper. i'm not sure but it was there. a shadow in the water near the edge f the bend in the swamp. it's about  80 that way. " he points to were she saw he shadow searching  to any more signs of it.

Reese Tora

Marosharr lands softly on the ground, and looks around again for any sign of activity.  He focuses his keen hearing in all direcrtions, seeking to pick up any signs of movement.

When Eriam points out the shadow he sees, Maroshar focuses his senses towards it in hopes of picking up what it may be.

Manawolf

Marosharr sees little more than the green figure that lies beneath the water's surface, unable to make out its shape.

Marosharr can hear little more than the sounds of the frogs and other wildlife.

Reese Tora

Marosharr indicates with ahnd signals that he will investigate the apparition, and carefully makes his way towards the water, being careful to not let himself be easily seen by whatever it is he is approaching.  He treads softly on the soft grass and soft marshy lies in the shadow of the city wall, closing to half the distance from whatever it may be lying in the water.  He strains his sight in the evening's dim light, focusing all his attention towards making out what it may be that lies below the surface.

Manawolf

The catfolk can not see the green shape any more clearly due to the murky water of the swamp.  However, his movement is not gone unnoticed, as two arrows whiz by his head.

Finally, Marosharr's eyes do not fail him, and the picture becomes all too clear (Natural 20).  The bushes at the bend in the swamp rustle and two green-skinned humanoids burst from hiding.  They exhibit speed and agility in contrast to their squat body and thick scales.  They look like short lizardfolk, but with a distinct draconic appearance.  They drop their bows in favor of a pair of wicked blades and decked in black leather armor, they show off their teeth with evil grins.  However, those malicious smiles are dwarfed by the mandibles upon the green-scaled, dragonlike creatures they ride.

At the same time, A draconic shape leaps from the water, slashing with razortipped, clawed wings.  A frill on its forehead and extending down its back suggests a green dragon was somehow involved in the creation of this beast.

They all stare at the catfolk, who had little more than grass along the shore to hide behind.

"To arms," Josh shouts form atop the wall before grabbing hold of the rope and rappeling down to the ground.  He tries to move in, drawing his sword and shield.

"Get behind me, scout, that thing will tear you apart if you stand your ground."

Marethial takes to the rope behind Josh , and draws her shield, but leaves her other hand open for casting.

Reese Tora

Marosharr springs to meet the creature in front of him, detouring his movement to attack the flank of the creature.  He draws his sword, and stabs the beast before him, but his sword meerly glances off it's thick hide.  Marosharr completes his spring and backs off, moving around behind Josh before the creature has a chance to retaliate.

e_voyager

Papi

Keothi slides 30 down the face of the wall thanks to his Slow Fall ability. Upon hitting the ground, he charges one of the beasts, quickly moving into a position to grapple it.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/noentiendo/ViewRollByNumber.php?RollNumber=5806 Taking firm hold, he stretches his leg around the creature's leg, kicking back while pushing forward.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/noentiendo/ViewRollByNumber.php?RollNumber=5807
Knocking it to the ground, he raises a leg high overhead, bringing his heel down into his opponent's chest with savage fury, landing on his knee. As the kick connects, the distinct sound of a cracking sternum can he heard
[attack: http://members.lycos.co.uk/noentiendo/ViewRollByNumber.php?RollNumber=5808]
[damage: http://members.lycos.co.uk/noentiendo/ViewRollByNumber.php?RollNumber=5809]

(OOC: hehehe, dropkick to the chest. ^^)

Malakin

Malakin sighs as he watches the Draconian monster jump out of the water, leveling his greatspear he charges it head on.

(OOC: powerattack 4)
To hit: 2+16=18
Damage: 1+2+16=19
(OOC: why do i allways roll so low on the To-Hit roll?!)
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Manawolf

With the monster down on the ground, Malaking finds it easy to shove the spear into the creature's back.

Snuggles

Ket seeing one of their number is gone down starts to glow a little then the emanation of the radial burst of a Holy smite will be from the river, near the two enemies on lizardback so only hitting them. They take 15 dmg each.

Manawolf

With little else to do, Saeoun climbs down the rope, and prepares for the eventual healing.

The winged water creature is struck blind along with one of the lizard men by the holy smite.  The mounts also find themselves in the dark.

The beast, blinded, tries to stagger back up, but it is quickly smacked back down by the goliath monk.  It lets out a dying scream before falling limp.  The lizard men try to control their blinded mounts.  They end up spending the entire round just trying to get them under control.

Zaon

Min attempts to identify the creature and sees that it was a Greenspawn razorfiend. He also curses one of the lizard men with a Hexblade's curse and sends his familiar over to the other side of the river.

Quav aims a eldritch blast at one of the lizard men yet nothing seems to happen.

Manawolf

Josh tries to hit the unblinded enemy with a breath of electricity, but it only does 5 damage.

"Come you miserable cowards, surely you aren't gutless enough to face me man to man," He taunts the enemy.  They enemy seems to take the bait as they sneer at him.

Marethial and Saeoun take up positions beside Josh as he moves on past the corpse of the fallen razorfiend.

"These are the spawn of Tiamat," Saeoun speaks up, "The litte ones are Greenspawn Sneaks, who operate as scouts in Tiamat's army.  The things they ride are Greenspawn Leapers, which are also spawn of Tiamat.  The lizardfolk must be working with the followers of the evil dragon goddess."

"Then wipe them out," Josh orders, pointing his sword directly in front of him, "All of them."

Snuggles

Ket seeing that one might be running soon because of the damage that has been done to his group, he spreads his large wings out and flies up and over the under brush so that he is behind him and pulls out his whip. With another glow of the holy energy strikes at the blinded foe.  With a Attack And To Crit. and the Damage.