04/24/09 [Abel 2 #52] - How to charm a lady

Started by Feather Dancer, April 24, 2009, 02:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Only if she accepts that flower a moment or so from now and doesn't utterly trounce him.  Either way.  I can't wait to see how she uses him to her own ends and how it turns out to this big betrayal that she's been talking about.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 24, 2009, 08:18:48 AM
Only if she accepts that flower a moment or so from now and doesn't utterly trounce him.  Either way.  I can't wait to see how she uses him to her own ends and how it turns out to this big betrayal that she's been talking about.
Could go either way.  If he's badly enough smitten with her, it might have become a long, drawn-out thing as he tries to prove his worthiness.
You have to admit, Destania was acting kind of like she'd been spurned.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 24, 2009, 08:23:16 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 24, 2009, 08:18:48 AM
Could go either way.  If he's badly enough smitten with her, it might have become a long, drawn-out thing as he tries to prove his worthiness.
You have to admit, Destania was acting kind of like she'd been spurned.

by the sounds of it, Aniz is something of a proverbial Don Juan. that is to say, she prolly caught him with another.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on April 24, 2009, 08:24:58 AM
by the sounds of it, Aniz is something of a proverbial Don Juan. that is to say, she prolly caught him with another.

That would do it.

Indy

Well, this helps to explain Destania's relationship with Edward a bit. She certainly doesn't look like a bloodthirsty monster here, and, if Aniz could get her to fall for him, Edward probably could too, even after she's been spurned by Aniz.

Going more out on a limb here... I would venture to say that Destania's probably attracted to helplessness in her lovers. We've only two examples, but Aniz was a student and very young, and Edward, of course, was a being. She could probably have killed them both in three seconds flat (at least until Aniz graduated and went nuts).

Just a theory.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Indy on April 24, 2009, 08:55:43 AMWell, this helps to explain Destania's relationship with Edward a bit. She certainly doesn't look like a bloodthirsty monster here, and, if Aniz could get her to fall for him, Edward probably could too, even after she's been spurned by Aniz.
Maybe Edward vanquished Aniz  :U
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

techmaster-glitch

My reaction?

*jawdrop* Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...sh*t...

Yeah, no points for guessing the general gist of what's about to happen next...

Garsemor

Just saying that There is a 99% chance that someone will revive the Edward = Aniz theory so to all formers be on guard.

Garsemor

Also I just had a tough what clan does a cubi belong to if his/her parents are from two different clans? is a new clan formed? dose the cubi not have a clan? does he go to the clan of the mother/fathers? does the newly born belong tho the more powerful parent/clan? or is a sort of accorder made between the parent's/clan's? these are some of the possible theory's that may be possible.

Turnsky

Quote from: Jack McSlay on April 24, 2009, 09:22:13 AM
Quote from: Indy on April 24, 2009, 08:55:43 AMWell, this helps to explain Destania's relationship with Edward a bit. She certainly doesn't look like a bloodthirsty monster here, and, if Aniz could get her to fall for him, Edward probably could too, even after she's been spurned by Aniz.
Maybe Edward vanquished Aniz  :U

oh god, not another one!  :U

AndersW

Quote from: Garsemor on April 24, 2009, 09:37:00 AM
Just saying that There is a 99% chance that someone will revive the Edward = Aniz theory so to all formers be on guard.

Amber did that with this comic.  She's just playing with us now.

Quote from: Garsemor on April 24, 2009, 09:52:58 AM
Also I just had a tough what clan does a cubi belong to if his/her parents are from two different clans? is a new clan formed? dose the cubi not have a clan? does he go to the clan of the mother/fathers? does the newly born belong tho the more powerful parent/clan? or is a sort of accorder made between the parent's/clan's? these are some of the possible theory's that may be possible.

The child, if it is a cubi, is from the more powerful clan.
Edit: If both parents are cubi then the child will be a cubi.

tiggertoo

Amber got out her pointed stick, rang the Aniz=Edward theorists dinner bell, and is now poking them thru the bars shouting "Dance for me monkeys! Dance! Ahahahahahaaaaa!"   :mwaha

Very interesting developments indeed -- if it seemed that Destania was taking the whole Aniz thing very personally, well, she was, apparently. I foresee not only love lying bleeding, but lots of bystanders as well.

Mao

She *has* mentioned that it amuses her to no end to watch this stuff go on because she could end it with a word.

Garsemor

I'm sure Amber is looking down on us and laughing at us at this very moment as we wright.

Tapewolf

Quote from: tiggertoo on April 24, 2009, 10:17:25 AM
Amber got out her pointed stick, rang the Aniz=Edward theorists dinner bell, and is now poking them thru the bars shouting "Dance for me monkeys! Dance! Ahahahahahaaaaa!"
Very much so.  Whether the theory is true or false, it looks like she's now going to try and get people thinking along those lines just to muddy the waters.  Expect more newbies to pop up saying "Has anyone thought that..."

That said, it occurs to me that if the theory is in any way true it might have been the steamroller she was saving up for the end of Abel's Story.

Garsemor

I personally do not believe in the Edward = Aniz theory but if it is true than that would make Abel and Dan half brothers.
But if it's true.
Abel = Dan's brother = huge chaotic train wreck = Amber lathing whit an evil stair.

Angel

(singsong voice) Ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyy goddddd. Ohhh my god, OHHH my goddddd!

Well, this explains why Abel (a) doesn't much like Dee, (b) was interested in Dan being Edward's son, and (c) ... there's something else it explains, just gimme a minute.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

tikitori

I'm pretty sure if Edward was cubi, then Alexi would have gotten her wings already.

Just saying.

Tapewolf

Quote from: tikitori on April 24, 2009, 10:45:26 AM
I'm pretty sure if Edward was cubi, then Alexi would have gotten her wings already.

You might want to read strip 13:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_013.php
...specifically, "I felt it better to wait until I knew for sure he was a 'Cubi..."

...the 'Cubi factor is usually dominant in a Being-'Cubi pairing, but not always.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AndersW on April 24, 2009, 09:56:24 AM

That's an assumption. I don't think Amber has ruled out throwbacks to Being status, has she?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 24, 2009, 11:02:32 AM

That's an assumption. I don't think Amber has ruled out throwbacks to Being status, has she?

he might even be a clone.  >:3

Garsemor

I taught that the clone theories died out long ago but it seams as long as there will be forums there will be clone theories.

Garsemor

Also If Edward = Aniz theory is true it is possible that Dee and Aniz planed this from the beginning. The two clans disagreed, so Dee and Aniz decided to put on the Aniz has gone crazy and Dee wants to kill him stunt. After which Aniz would open a inn and have a child whit a normal being under the falls identity of Edward to detract any beliefs of him being Aniz after which he *disposed* of his wife and married Dee. Happy ending.

If the theory is true. It was all planed from the beginning.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Garsemor on April 24, 2009, 11:19:18 AM
I taught that the clone theories died out long ago but it seams as long as there will be forums there will be clone theories.

Oh? Who did you teach?

Incidentally, there's an edit button for a reason. Please don't double-post, it's considered a faux pas on this forum, and the moderators (as listed on the rules page, which you've read, haven't you?) will look poorly upon such behaviour, and do things to correct it.

You don't want them to correct your behaviour. They're not pleasant about it.

Noone

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 24, 2009, 11:02:32 AM

I kind of doubt this will be the case... the way it seems to work with Cubi, I get the impression that they inherit their 'Cubi-ness' from one of their parents. We have the known case of the Cubi+Non-Cubi parents from the hybrid genetics page, where we have the indication that there is a chance for non Cubi children, and the chance of it depends on the power ratio of the parents. I kind of have the feeling that the totals from both parents has to total up to 100% and that the child will inheret Cubi-ness from one of the parents. It might work in such a way that both parents can carry a recessive gene with the dominant one, (Cc*Cc=CC/Cc/Cc/cc), though since the inherited gene seems to be based on the power and not the genetics of the parents, I doubt this is the case. I doubt that two Cubi can have non-Cubi children, or if they can, it's an extremely unlikely possibility.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Something interesting occurred to me. We've had mention of the odd coloration of Abel's wings and eyes, and everyone at SAIA (well, everyone with knowledge) seems to think it's somehow significant.

Now, Siar has blue eyes, but all of the other Siar members that we have seen seem to have red ones. His coloration seems to come from his mother, and possibly his blue eye.

But it's that green eye that's starting to niggle at me. Destania has green eyes, but that seems kind of impossible for any genetic relation between the two. (Unless you want to *really* reach and say that May was Destania in some sort of disguise that also happened to affect the genetics of Abel) I believe Cyra has blue eyes as well, for what it's worth.

Do we know anything about Aniz's parents? I have the feeling that the source of the green eye is important.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 24, 2009, 07:49:09 AM
A student hitting on a teacher.  Were this the real world the media would be up in arms... and everyone who'd ever listened to the song 'Hot for Teacher' and liked it would be giving Aniz high fives for a rather slick move.

But this would be more like college student hitting on teacher, not high school or younger student hitting on her, despite the vast age difference. Do we really see big news items on college age student/teacher relationships? I can't recall any.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 24, 2009, 12:00:35 PM
But this would be more like college student hitting on teacher, not high school or younger student hitting on her, despite the vast age difference. Do we really see big news items on college age student/teacher relationships? I can't recall any.

It's still illegal. Something about bias. Same reason sex with your secretary is frowned upon - you sign her performance reviews, and they should be about her performance outside of the bedroom...

joshofspam

From what is said about some of the clans. I wonder if relations with other clans are a social taboo?

Were getting allot of info in small bites about the more dangers clans. But we know almost next to nothing about the more positive clans.  So do you think we'll learn about more of the clans as the story progresses?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on April 24, 2009, 12:13:12 PM
From what is said about some of the clans. I wonder if relations with other clans are a social taboo?

Absolutely.  It's already known that various clans are allies and enemies... apparently SAIA is one of the only neutral meeting grounds for their race and it took even Fa'Lina a lot of effort to get that far.