The Forum Rules (Updated January 5, 2007)

Started by Darkmoon, July 16, 2006, 12:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

and thusly, the link was fixed, ending the hopes and dreams of the forumites for yet another moon...

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

New update on the rules page.  Also, posts have been made/changed/added/blahblahblah in several of the specialty forums.  Check them out- ignorance is only a half-way decent excuse!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Gabi

Wow, you've gone on a rule updating spree!

I have a question about rule D. What if a conversation takes place outside the forum but then all the parties agree that it is relevant? Is it ok to quote them, then? It's always easy to find out when someone does not approve of it.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

If you have approval, then yes, you can post it.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Damaris

It might be good to have all parties PM the admins as well.  Posted convos are *my* personal pet peeve, so I would appreciate the heads up so I don't go on a rampage.

Faerie Alex

Another question: If I have an art topic that hasn't been updated in over a month, can I still post art in it? I think that did happen to me once and no one complained, but I'd just like to make sure.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

bill

Yes. Thread necromancy generally regards posting in an old thread and adding nothing useful. So, while posting in a "I'm sick" thread 2 months later and saying "OMG get betr plz" is not allowed, posting in your own 2-month old "I'm sick" thread and updating that you now have no kidneys is perfectly fine.

Tapewolf

Quick question about the 'admins' list.. Llearch isn't on it.  Is that an error, or is he going through some kind of probationary period first?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

xHaZxMaTx

Tapewolf

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on January 07, 2007, 05:32:10 PM
llearch isn't an admin, he's a mod. ;)
That is true, but the list is called 'adminstration'.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nobody loves me enough to add me to the list. :-)

Darkmoon

I totally forgot, honestly.

(adds him to the hitlist)
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Azlan

Necromancy is generally bad, it causes paladins.

Could you perchance automate scripts to lock inactive threads over a certain age?
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Turnsky

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 07, 2007, 04:15:27 PM
Yes. Thread necromancy generally regards posting in an old thread and adding nothing useful. So, while posting in a "I'm sick" thread 2 months later and saying "OMG get betr plz" is not allowed, posting in your own 2-month old "I'm sick" thread and updating that you now have no kidneys is perfectly fine.

i always thought thread necromancy was one of those "unwritten laws" of forums, and while it's perfectly fine to bump your own thread with info relevant to what the thread is supposed to.
Bumping somebody else's thread however is generally frowned upon..

hence why i always check the date of the last posting before i even think of replying, if it's more than a month old, i leave it be.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

In this case, it's written. But yes.

We could, Azlan, but that would stop people who own the threads from putting more useful content into them. 'course, we'd have to come up with some sort of script to do it, but I suspect we could manage that....

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 10, 2007, 10:07:19 AM
We could [lock inactive threads] Azlan, but that would stop people who own the threads from putting more useful content into them.

Yes, I can see that impacting certain art threads.  Not all artistic endeavour is quick and of course there's writers' block, other commitments etc...

bill

It does apply to people that didn't start the thread as well, if they have a significant contribution that could not better be made in a separate thread. Happens all the time in my other forum, what with video IDs n' stuff.