The Forum Rules (Updated January 5, 2007)

Started by Darkmoon, July 16, 2006, 12:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

As you can see from the button at the top of the page, there is a set of rules you need to read. Just in case you missed it, here's the link: The Fabulous Rules Page.

Included in there is also Dam's "What You Can Change In Your Account Profile" FAQ.

Having said all that, I want to clarify something: Tha admins are here to make the forum functional. We don't have any grudges against ANYONE, nor are we purposefully trying to piss people off.

I state that because I know those coming over from the DMFA forum are not used to having much in the way of moderation staff. While the administration at CMF is actually quite lax in comparison to most forums, it can seem kind of constricting to have administraion when you've come from a place that has almost none at all.

Don't think that we do anything to be intentionally mean. We're just doing our jobs.

Damaris

(FYI- This thread is being kept open for comments and questions)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Fizzbit

Click the "Rules" button at the top of the page then.

EDIT: And for those who frequent the Art Forum, READ THE ART FORUM RULES!!!

One big thing I'd like to point out about the Art Forum is that Flame Wars should not be started there by bashing one's technique to pieces. Please see the Art forum rule concerning Art Critiques. There's a difference between "Eh, I don't like it" and "OMG that sucks so much, why are you even picking up a paper and pencil?! I'd totally trash that!"

xHaZxMaTx

I see no such button...

All I see is 'Home' 'Help' 'Search' 'Profile' 'Calender' and 'Logout'.

Darkmoon

Damaris

Just click the logo on the top left corner.  That will take you to the Clockwork Mansion site main page, and you can access the rules from there.

(also, I think it doesn't work because they're using "New Classic."  I don't know that you made buttons for that one, D.)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

That's why I asked. I didn't. Nor did I upload the edited index page so it would display the buttons. Thus the reason for an eventual skin that over wrote New Classic.

Slayer...

llearch n'n'daCorna

His account broke as a result of a crash. He has a new account now, but all his old posts...

nuff said?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Leafar

Arcalane

Quote from: Leafar on September 10, 2006, 04:15:02 PM
why only his account broke???? :S

I think maybe one other did, but is it really relevant? It broke and has been fixed. Big deal. :rolleyes

Paavo

Leafar

oh, so we DO have some secrets here...i smell a fish...ermm...a rat...the fish is just above... :p

Damaris

There was some minor corruption that occured that was unfixable.  Thankfully, it was kept to relatively few threads, and for some reason Darkmoon's account.  Therefore, it was deleted and remade.  Which is why sometimes he is a guest, and sometimes not.

Paavo

Damaris

Some bits have been added.  Give it a read, or wait a day or two and we'll have a new swanky layout (that will hopefully make things easier to find)

Mew Mew Renee

Damaris

hopefully we won't have another hack, so it won't happen.  However, you never know.

Mew Mew Renee

Gabi

They happen when someone with destructive intentions finds a way to breach the security of the forum and exploits it. Sometimes they hack PHP sessions, sometimes they find an admin's password (that's why it's important for everyone to have passwords that are not easy to decipher, preferrably random combinations of letters and numbers), sometimes they manage to hack into someone's e-mail and then get their password, and sometimes they exploit a vulnerability of the forum itself, like HTML allowed in posts, or PHP code allowed to run freely within image tags, etc.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Nikki

QUESTION!!

Since i myself draw nekkid people, would it be acceptable for me to venture into nekkidness threads? i mean, i already know what nekkid people look like *me draws them*, so i should be mature enuf, rite?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Darkmoon

Well, 1) You're 17, so in the USA you're allowed to go to R Rated movies. That's pretty much as far as nudie threads go here (I think).

2) It's not our job to monitor (for the most part) who goes where. If you're allowed to go by people that actually have dominion over what you're allowed to watch, then by all means, go.

You 13 year olds, though... we have our eyes on you.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

So, is that on a little rubber mat, or what? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dakata

Quote from: Darkmoon on October 12, 2006, 12:53:33 PMYou 13 year olds, though... we have our eyes on you.
Are you guys watching -me-? :P 'Cuz I'm 14, not 13.

Mew Mew Renee

Oh yeah well , you guz dont know what age i'm ! :P :lol

Darkmoon

trust us, if we have our doubts, you'll know about it.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Alan Garou

Wait a minute... this topic is about the forum rules, and the link to the rules shows a <File cannot be found> page, does that mean that all rules are currently moot?  :mwaha
Everybody! Break all the rules you can before that link gets fixed! Permanent revolution!

Dakata

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 26, 2006, 09:52:49 PM
Wait a minute... this topic is about the forum rules, and the link to the rules shows a <File cannot be found> page, does that mean that all rules are currently moot?  :mwaha
Everybody! Break all the rules you can before that link gets fixed! Permanent revolution!
*Causes chaos*

Edit: What about the Rules page-link on the forum nav-bar thingie? D:

xHaZxMaTx

Netami

Oh crap, I love breaking rules.

Oh man, gotta think of something to do... Hmm... 

Wait, the link works for me. I think it means I gotta abide.