of fur and feathers (rp hangout for furries)

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, July 15, 2006, 05:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalMan

"Well, since everyone's doing it..."

The cougar once again pulls out his computer that seems to always be there when needed, struggling with pushing a few buttons with his paw. After a brief flash of light, he is once again in anthro form. He stretches a bit, and cracks a few joints.

"There we go. Feels like I'm forgetting something, though..." CDM ponders a bit, then looks down. "Oh, right."

He jumps into the magic pants box, and, after a few failed attempts involving leather, bell-bottoms, and a skirt, eventually regains his fine cotton gi pants.

Kitsune Ascendant

hmm... I think I have a few ideas for names, now. I rather like the style of my current name, so I though a bit about a similarly structured name. I want to keep the prefix name moon, and I think a prefix name of star for rune tail's new name would be splended. based on that, I've come up with moonfur for myself and starfur for rune tail. I am not yet certain if these will be our final names, but it is a beginning. if it sparks any ideas for other names, feel free to suggest them.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Zedd

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: Zedd on November 02, 2006, 05:16:33 PM
*lands near DM covered in soot*

heh. looks like someone found the button. just let me know if you need any healing.

anyways, I believe myself and rune tail have come to an agreement on our new names. our kind usually has the naming ceremony shortly after sunfall. Of course, day and night don't flow in the usual sense here, so sunfall is more or less when I want it to be. *summons a small round stone table and some ornate cushions* go ahead and take a seat, and we'll begin once everyone's here. sooner if I think some people are going to be no-shows. afterwards, we'll have a bit of nighttime, which is a real beauty around here.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

DigitalMan

CDM glances over at Zedd.

"Odd, that's usually what happens when I push a button." He walks over to the CameraBot and whacks it until it's working again. He places the machine on a tripod for it to record the event.

The cougar anthro then sits down at the table, and promptly begins carving into the side with a diamond file, much like what kids will do to desks when they're bored in school; only, more artsy and elaborate.

"I say just 'Moonfur' and 'Starfur' lack that majestic (or perhaps 60's-esque) ring. You need something far-out, man, like 'Stargazer!' ... Or not..."

Kitsune Ascendant

I agree. I just decided I wanted the names to be a surprise. I hope the others arrive soon.

Zedd

Kitsune Ascendant

alright then, go ahead and take a seat. we still need mel, E, and tait-fox though.

Zedd

DigitalMan

"Alright, I should have figured you'd have something original planned."

CDM ponders, but decides against pulling Zedd's chair out as he sits down. The thought alone makes him snicker, though.

Zedd

Zet

*finally wakes up and has a big headache* oww what hit me? ... and where'd everyone go? *his eyes start to faintly glow as night approaches*

*looks around* AHHH! ZOMBIE!
:zombiekun

Kitsune Ascendant

just in time, zet. *fills zet in on what's happened while he was knocked out*
hurry up, the naming ceremony's going to begin soon. also, you need something for that headache?

Zedd

Yes I am okay now...But one thing

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTIAN!

Zet

no nothing for the headache but I could do without the zombie chasing me *runs*
:zombiekun

oh wait! I can fly *unfolds his wings and flys into the forest* sorry I can't stay

e_voyager

moon like Luna...are you attached to the word moon or the concept ?
Moonlight
luna's grace.
Moon secert
star tails
star shadow
star awakeing
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

DigitalMan

CDM Raises an eyebrow and unsheathes a black katana from behind his back. With a flick of his wrist, the katana is sent flying towards the zombie. Upon being impaled in the back, the zombie incinerates with nice glowy burny particle effects, a la Blade.

"Zombie slaying is my job. It's safe now Zet, you can come back. Pick up my katana for me too please, would you?"

Kitsune Ascendant

*closes eyes for a second, and the katana appears in her hand*

you should probably get a light-rune inscribed somewhere on this.

*handst it back to cdm*

well, I think that's everyone that's going to show. I'll start in a few minutes.

Zet

*lets go of his breath and accidentally freezes a tree completely* opps sorry, I was about to freeze the zombie but.. its gone now sorry for the distraction  :animesweat * uhh hold on *slices at the tree with one of his two swords and in a flash of light the ice is gone* there all better i hope

e_voyager

light is overrated some times. balances is necessary or all descend into chaos. you have shown me that such balance is possible and i am grateful for that. especially since it means that o wouldn't have to snatch control from e whats he's being stupid or makings a newbie mistake like promising things that are contrary to his nature.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

Alright. looks like we're ready to begin.
[moon eyes scatters a few globes of light around the area for illumination, revealing that the table has shallow runes carved into it, seperated into two identical sets across from eachother. a glowing sphere surounds moon eyes, and as it grows brighter, it splits into two. one takes the form of moon eyes, while the other takes the form of rune tail, with small threads of light connecting the two at the head, feet, hands, and heart]
for some very complicated reasons, we can't stay in this form for more than an hour. but this won't take anywhere near that long.
[each summons a large scroll and two curved daggers, each with runes carved into the blade. they set the daggers on the table and the scrolls to lean against the side]
rune tail: do you wish to go first or shall I?
moon eyes: I think we should do it together.
rune tail: very well.
we gather here beneath the moon on this night to witness the naming of the new tail, and to celebrate the new paths that have opened to us, the kitsune of the diamond night. we have gained a tenth tail, and with it new power. new responsibility. a new life. let the naming begin.
rune tail: with nine tails, I was known as rune tail, a wise master of the arts of spellcasting
moon eyes: with nine tails, I was known as moon eyes, who's gaze could pierce the darkest of nights and see truth.
these names will forever remain a part of us, but now we take on a new name to recognize our new beginnings.
[with these words, they pick up the daggers and make a small slash into their thumbs. using these thumbs, they fill the runes carved into the table. as the runes are filled, they begin to glow. once finished, they unroll the scrolls and place them over the glowing runes of the table. as the glow permiates the scrolls, names appear written in an ancient kitsune language]
rune tail:with friends, family, and the stars as witness, I take the name Sunheart.
moon eyes: with friends, family, and the stars as witness, I take the name Moonsoul.
true to our new names, we will do everything in our power to bring light where there is only darkness. peace where there is only chaos. truth and justice to those overtaken by corruption. let us shine as our namesakes do, with the fiaery passion of the sun coupled with the serene grace of the moonlight.
[at the end of each scroll, they place their new names, again in the kitsune language of their clan. as a final note and a gesture of their bond, they then touch thumbs, mixxing the blood, and smear a small streak above the right eye. the light fades from the runes, and all of the blood-ink on the scrolls disapears. the line painted on each of their faces remains. they clasp hands, and are surrounded by a single sphere of light. as it fades, it reveals Moonsoul]

*smiles*
We decided that since Sunheart's been around for a while before this, I should stick around.

Stygian

This post has self-destructed due to DM abuse. Refer to http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=578.msg58972#msg58972 for more details.

Kitsune Ascendant

Ah. a newcomer. Thank you for the gift.
[Moonsoul takes the watch. as she holds it, it begins to glow, eventually becoming a small sphere of light, which she draws into her]

however, I feel I must point out that entropy is not darkness taking over light. it is the time when all things are brought into perfect balance. light and darkness, which have waged war against each other from times ageless and immemorial, are finally able to coexist. it is only because your universe has more darkness than light that you see this as darkness overtaking light entirely.

but enough of that. *unsummons the table and the scrolls*
*gathers some wood, and makes a ring of stones around it, then with a small spark from her hand, starts a campfire*

smores and campfire stories, everyone! *summons a small table with a seemingly limitless supply of grahm crackers, marshmellows, and chocolate, as well as several plates and long forks for roasting the marshmellows*
*grabs a plate, a fork, and enough for five smores*

DigitalMan

The cougar anthro sits, staring with his head tilted slightly, mesmerized by the ritual. Upon completion, he snaps out of it; he grins widely and gives a thumbs-up.

"Sweeeet! And you can use 'Master of Shiny Sparkly Glowy Things' as your title."

His ears twitch around as he detects the presence of the newcomer. He resists the urge to poke it... for now.

"Nuh-uh, light wins! It has to. You can't have shiny sparkly glowy things without light, ya know, and those are an integral part of the universe." He nods satisfiedly as though he has just imparted some divine wisdom upon heathens. He skips around the fire a few times, softly chanting something about "fire" and "burny," before grabbing one of the large forks and pondering how to overcomplicate something with only three ingredients.

Zedd

I like doodleing on marshmellows to make them look like a face

e_voyager

it has taken some time but e has finally deiced what to give the kitsune. he vanishes form their reality for Nealy 2 minutes as the runs fast and works hard to acquire the desire item.  he returns with a  uchiha fan that has been infused with with powers not unlike the bonsai fan that Roshi sama used to posses. it abilities allow it to control and enhance fire or snuff it out at need.. "here you are kitsune. happy ascension. i'm sorry it to so long to retrieve but time travel is not a strong suite of mine."

Stygian

This post has self-destructed due to DM abuse. Refer to http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=578.msg58972#msg58972 for more details.

e_voyager

at some point and time even the darkness fads ore is consumed. take it form one who has bee around since before the formation oh the place you call the universe. it is true. entropy is not darkness itself but the consumption of all including the darkness that it hinds in.

DigitalMan

After watching E, CDM finally realizes that he forgot to get Sunheart/Moonsoul a gift. He ponders for a long while, trying to think of what to give the Master of Shiny Sparkly Glowy Things. Stygian's words eventually give him an idea, and he pulls out his handheld computer again while he speaks.

"Your universe sounds very... dark-ish. Have you tried adjusting the brightness, or maybe using Invert?" He hits a few buttons and pokes at the holographic screen a few times, his mind temporarily absent from reality. Somewhere in the back of his mind he is quite content with causing confusion.

"Of course, if you want to get really technical, one could note that darkness and light can not exist without each other; for, without light, one would not be able to define darkness, and vice-versa."

He sets his computer down, allowing it to work out complex trans-dimensional equations that embody the very spirit of "overcomplicated," most of which do nothing but send commands to a computer back in his universe. A gift of this type would require machined accuracy. Grabbing a marshmallow, he puts it on the fork and holds it above the fire at just the right point for it to get warm, but not melty. Not melty is very important.

Stygian