[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Noone

I have some free time over the summer... so, I'd like to sign up.

Inumo

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Jairus

At this point, it doesn't look like I'm moving for a few months, so I can sign up again.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

e_voyager

i've had fun these past few rounds. it's been challenging and enjoyable so sign me up again please
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Merlin

Lisky

Aten Valmont, For E, from the MGM RP....

I wasn't really sure what to do... so... i hunted through the various RPs, and he seemed to be someone who hasn't been touched yet <.< Figured i'd give him a shot...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/EMGMSketch.jpg

Also, sorry for the delay... it's been a rough couple of weeks... i'm in for next round though, as i shouldn't be busy until the end of the month :3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

WhiteFox

Confirming my participation for this round: once more unto the breech.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Gabi

Alright! Next round will begin when I have a working bootable hard drive in my computer.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

Er... Thanks, but apparently good luck is what I didn't have. I now have a working hard drive, but my computer can't read it. There seems to be something wrong with the motherboard, more specifically the bus but it might be other parts too. I don't know how long it will take me to get it fixed, but I'll start the round tomorrow regardless.

Gabi

OK, the participants for this round are: WhiteFox, Corgatha Taldorthar, The1Kobra, Inumo, VAE, Jairus, e_voyager, Merlin, Basilisk.

Apologies in advance if anyone got the same recipient as last time, I can't use my computer right now, so I can't check. The current round ends on Sunday, 4th of August. I'll start sending the PMs now.

Inumo

Pre-emptive strike!

Quote from: Inumo on May 24, 2011, 01:30:47 AM
Wondering when that would come up. So, I have a few choices. First of all, there's Tamtio, or Tam. In this iteration, at least, he's human, but I've thought of him from time to time as an arctic wolf anthro. He has moss-green eyes, standing at about 6' 2" and weighing ~180 lbs. He's well muscled, wears a blue-gray robe with black pants on underneath, and brown leather shoes. He instinctively keeps his wings hidden, so it takes a lot of concentration to make them show up, though they stay visible so long as he wants them there. He's a benevolent person, but should he feel that he or someone he cares for is threatened, he will start with intimidation, then violence.

Second, there's Rita Kaisha, a random character I made in the past. She's a South American woman with green eyes and brown, wavy hair that's pinned behind her ears with bobby pins. She oftren wears a red dress and some light make-up, as well as a single earring in her right ear. The earring is a silver teardrop outline, maybe an eighth of an inch wide (the outlining metal, not the entire earring). A silver wire goes from the point of the teardrop to the bottom of it, with a small ruby in the center. She is flirtatious with either gender, so long as they are of local descent. She shows an obvious distaste for foreigners. In addition, she is a government employee If you want to know more about her history, relations, memberships, etc, just let me know.

Thirdly, there's Likista Boret, another random character. He is a male anthro wolf with gray eyes and short black hair, obviously cut with a knife instead of scissors. He has brown fur, and wears a mottled green headband, brown cargo pants, and (if he's above ground or has guests) a ragged forest green shirt. He is gruff, and determined to be self-sufficient. He has little tolerance for humor, though he isn't angry. In fact, he's actually rather helpful. In addition, he is a hermit that lives out of a series of tunnels he dug out in the forest. Again, if you want to know about his history, relations, etc, just let me know.

Finally, we have pretty much anything else. My art gallery is here, and can be browsed through if none of these characters strike your fancy. Outside of that, I have come up with two races currently used in forum RPs here on the CMF. First, there is the Moloi (see bottom of the post, Racial Description).

Second, we have the Mish'Na.
The Mish'Na are the work of many generations of slow, gentle intervention. Fearsome people, ropes of flesh flow from their shoulders down to the backs of their knees, a natural cape of sorts. Their scaly skin is slick like a fish's, colored a deep green like an asparagus. Their hair falls in cords, like smooth dreadlocks. I have made them so that they cannot do anything without some true devotion, and thus are they my greatest followers.
I wrote these guys for an RP where the players are, quite literally, gods, and decided to write the sheet in character. If you want the entire sheet, it can be found here.

And of course, remember, if none of this appeals to you, feel free to make something of your own. I don't really care what media the gift is made in, so long as you, the gifter, enjoy making it. Have fun! :)

VAE

Allright.. the same set as before, it's just some folks got updated reference images.

Quote from: VAE on May 22, 2011, 10:27:34 PM
Hmm.

Of course, the first option comes probably the best known - my fursona, Vladim - an eurasian lynx evil overlord attemptee. Best image up to date is here: http://vaeisenberg.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2xhuti
Things of note .. he has four hydraulic-operated tentacles mounted on his back (he *really* wants to become a cubi, and this is one of temporary measures)  and if any jokes stem from this, the eye colour (red, glowing) is completely self-inflicted - he thought it'd look awesome (well, it was shortly after finishing training :3)

Now, if none of that fits, there's a host of DnD characters.

If you prefer drawing people, there's Miron Steelsprocket, a gnomish inquisitor from Liatai's Akellon campaign.
  http://vaeisenberg.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d3l9mwn - best Miron reference so far.
He generally carries around a huge book from which he casts spells or searches in for bits of lore (he's archivist class)  He belongs  to the Leaden Mace Society - a group of vigilantes enforcing the law by helicopter (you know the demotivator i refer to).

Alternatively, Sandor Munkas from a D20 Modern game - a Snakeblooded human technomage whose mother was a yuan-ti and father a hungarian emigrant. He looks as following - http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~dm510/sandor.jpg
Pictured with Arpad, his pet snake. Not many details available as the game hasn't yet started.
the above works, though again , a nicer pic http://vaeisenberg.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d3l9n15

If you prefer furries, there are two female NPCs drawings for reference actually exist of for the DnDMFA world of Kebre (basically, the Furraean analogue of Russia cca. 1900-1920, though with other eastern european tidbits mixed in)
First one is Zora Kalugina (well, the name she uses now , ofc)  a feline being female.
http://vaeisenberg.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3ftiv4 Here she is shown in a night dress and slippers, holding a badge after being disturbed from sleep by a gunshot (the PC's came).  Her hair is blonde and fur a dirty yellow colour.  Her class is wizard, strong stats being intelligence and charisma, dump stats strength and wisdom.

Second one is Kallis Ja'krath , female feline cubi  (appearance based on siamese cat)
A pencil sketch of her i have done a few days ago is here http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~dm510/kallis.jpg
Her fur is most of the time a steely blue colour with varying hue. Her clan mark is on her lower back and looks like this  http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101127174031/dndmfa/images/6/6e/Clanmark.jpg
Her favourite emotional noms are drive/ambition (this is proper to Ja'krath clan as a whole) , anger and wonder.  As for personality... she has founded an entire city (unsurprisingly named Kallisburg) to demonstrate to the council of port Oriss (the country's capital) that hydroelectric power is a neat idea... then after about 50 years got bored of ruling it, and retreated somewhere within the mountains up north. Explosions sometimes are heard from up there, generally followed by a SORRY,MESSUP! or similar text appearing on the sky written in rainbow-coloured smoke.

Heh, i hope it is enough of choice for whoever will be doing mine.

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Gabi

Nicely done, guys!

Now some questions.

Quote from: e_voyager's gifterSo, first round of questions, I guess. Do you have any preferences for this round? Characters, situations, media, etcetera?

Quote from: Merlin's gifterCan you ask Merlin if there is any character or theme she'd like her gift to contain?

Quote from: WhiteFox's gifterQuestion for the gift target - whom does he want drawn , and any relevant tidbits of info?

Merlin

Quote from: Merlin's gifterCan you ask Merlin if there is any character or theme she'd like her gift to contain?

Character or theme, eh? I'll give you a choice between these two ladies:

Peony Talisman - Reference montage I guess, and a slightly verbose character page. I guess the brief character description is that pretty much all Peony does is contemplate how great she is.
And... I'm happy to see Peony as any furry with those markings in a single colour! She's got tons of disguises, after all. I mess up said markings regularly, though, as you might be able to tell from the reference montage being less-than consistent with how they go around the shoulders XD. Whatever seems good is fine with me!

Delta Morningstar - Generic character page gooooo
Delta is super friendly, likes storytelling and dancing, and um, sometimes she has a short fuse though and gets really cranky.

Gabi

Quote from: Basilisk's gifterCould you ask my recipient what he would like to receive?

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar's gifterAlright then! Let's ask Corgatha what character they'd like done and all the rest of it! Um... so like, what character they want a piece of and if there's any hints they want to add.

Quote from: The1Kobra's gifterQuestion for the Kobra: Any requests or suggestions for his gift?

Corgatha Taldorthar

It doesn't matter. I don't care what you make. Send in a blank sheet if you feel like it.

EDIT: Why don't you make something for Gabi instead? I'm not in the mood to appreciate a gift, and she doesn't get enough recognition for her role in CCC.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

e_voyager

it's hard for me to ask for anything specific  i guess it comes from playing invisible friend so long. personally i like to see creative interruptions of things my characters included. if you have a favorite among my character of an situation (pg 13 or below please) that you'd like to see one of my character thrown into and puzzle there way out feel free to experiment and see where you muse takes you. is you need a specific target you could poke around with the yappy that silver fox made for me http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/e_voyager/avaters/?action=view&current=yapinfi.gif  who has neither back story nor non yappy form at this point

for more items you can check pages 12 , 27 and 7 of this thread for previous post and links of my characters or i can just post everything here later. your call

Lisky

Bassy himself hasn't gotten too much attention in a little while... why not do something with the demon this round :o

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/BasColored-1.png
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/BaseliskCommish.png
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/LiskyblanketMonster.png (possibly NSFW due to bare demon ass... and implications <.<)
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/BassyBadass.jpg

As to what you come up with, by all means feel free to mess around with whatever media you so choose.  If you want anything else, feel free to ask ^_^

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Gabi

Quote from: Inumo's gifterSo Inumo do you have a special character that you would like to be the focus of this piece of work?
Do you want something drawn or written?
Do you have and references for this piece ?

I must point to this post, which Inumo's gifter may have missed.

Quote from: Jairus's gifterTo Jairus: "So, Jairus, you know the shtick. Characters, themes, mediums, anything of that sort you want to specify?"

Noone

What I would like to receive?
If you are of artistic bent (probably a safe assumption here), I'd like to request a picture of one of my kobold characters. Their names are Kurchin and Saylgarix, who are nice and nasty respectively. I'll let you choose which one you'd like to do. Both are characters in an online NWN setting, D&D Forgotten Realms. Anyways, as to who they are:

Kurchin: Male Kobold, Chaotic Neutral, Rogue/Bard(29/1). In game he uses NWN's basic kobold A model.
His in-game description is:
Kurchin stands two foot six. He has large, beady red eyes that gleam in bright light. His tail is relatively long, and somewhat floppy, it moves around quickly when he's excited and droops when he's sad or inactive. He appears light, and his scales look as though they've been polished with much care, with a sun-kissed finish. The horns on his head, and the claws on his hands look like they've been filed down extensively, removing their sharpness. He appears rather clean and well kept, he certainly bathes regularly. His teeth, when he opens his mouth, appear sharp, clean, and quite orderly. They are of a clean white color. His eyes usually give off a look of innocent friendliness, and his face is rarely in an  expression that looks menacing.

Personality wise, he's friendly, extremely so. He likes cooking, baking, painting, hugging people and licking their faces, pretty much anything that a normal kobold wouldn't. He's rather juvenile and impulsive, however he does care about other people a lot, especially his friends. He dislikes violence, and while he's usually non violent, he used to be a prolific vampire hunter. (And I mean the extremely nasty variety. The VERY nasty variety.) Usually however, he prefers more peaceful and leisurely pastimes to such activities.

The other one is:
Saylgarix: Male Kobold, Neutral Evil (Formerly Chaotic Evil), Ranger/Assassin (11/19). In game he uses the model shown below.

His in-game description is:
This kobold stands at a height of two foot seven, he seems fairly muscular by kobold standards. His horns and claws are kept sharp, though the ends of his claws have a rough look to them, as if they've seen extensive use. His russet scales have a weathered look to them, and if one looks closely enough, they have hints of barely noticeable cracks at several points. His crimson eyes have an alert, if slightly feral look to them. His teeth are clean, sharp, and hint to a vicious bite when his mouth is opened.

Saylgarix carries himself with a demeanor that suggests that he is more a creature of the wilds than a normal kobold. His eyes often dart from side to side, alert, even when standing still. His clawed feet often look only loosely attached to the ground, ready to move quickly on a moment's notice. Very rarely does he look relaxed, even while sleeping.

Personality wise, he's vicious, ruthless, efficient, and out for himself. He often sees violence as the best way to solve problems. He can be rather sadistic at times, but while he is vicious, he isn't pointlessly evil. For example, he wouldn't kick someone's puppy out of boredom, especially if there are consequences for his actions. However he wouldn't have any problems doing so if he were paid well enough to compensate for the danger. He does, as fate would wind up, tend to work for two organizations that often fight people a lot more evil than he is. He likes having reliable alliances.

When in combat, he most often wields two kukris, or a shortbow. He keeps all of his weapons poisoned with custom made, and downright nasty poisons.

I hope this helps.

Edit: Kurchin uses NWN's base kobold A model. Sayl uses a different one. I'll upload the IG pics shortly.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

WhiteFox

Dear Gifter: I don't have any material for my current project online yet, but anyone from DSOF or Gabriel's comic would be welcome.

The DSOF Archive is here, and the mostly-finished biography page is here (no character portraits, sorry).

Gabecomic is in my FA gallery, along with an older pic of an older Gabe from the OSAS RP, here. (Gabe has a more pronounced muzzle in the latter, but that's purely a stylistic difference).

There's also my avatar... the best source of reference for that would be the HTTTA, which is also in my FA gallery.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Jairus

Hi Gifter. Um... hm. Quick question for you in turn: would you feel better drawing an anthro or a human? Sorry, my head's been wrapped up in design stuff for a few days, so it's too easy for me to come up with lots of stuff to give you.

Gabi

Sorry for the delay, I was computer-less for a few days.

Basilisk's gifter would like him to expand on Bas's personality, and would also like to know if there are any 'abstract' figures that he would like his gifter to make (non-humanoid, like a house, ship, vehicle, etc).

Quote from: Jairus's gifterI haven't drawn many anthros, so if you want something soopah pretteh, humans would be the best bet. I think I can still make anthros look decent, though. So, what'll you have?

Jairus

Um, I've got a handful of ideas from various stories. If you wanna do old-fashioned, I've got a steampunk cowboy samurai. If you wanna do modern, I've got Death's assistant and secretary. And if you wanna do futuristic, I have a starship captain. Or would you rather try something else? I've got a lot of characters, these are just the three on my mind right now.

Gabi

Quote from: Jairus's gifterYou have... a steampunk cowboy samurai? Only good can come of this. Could you describe him or her for me?