[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Jairus's gifterYou have... a steampunk cowboy samurai? Only good can come of this. Could you describe him or her for me?

*cricks neck and cracks knuckles* Okay, I'll try and keep this as simple as I can. We shall see how successful I am. And all of this is just kind of my current thoughts, it may or may not change in the future, but here's what I've got now.

He goes by Jack. He's a middle-aged man of italian and middle eastern descent. His eyes are brown. His body is lightly muscled, and is worn and covered in scars: the most prominent is a large evil-looking scar over his left eye, crossing diagonally from forehead to left cheek. He wears old-fashioned sunglasses/shooting glasses to protect his eyes and break up the line of the scar. He has brown eyes, stubble from irregular shaving, and long salt-and-pepper hair pulled back in a pony tail.
His clothes are worn but maintained and comfortable. He wears blue jeans and a long-sleeve button-up shirt and a plain brown vest. His boots are black leather, with steel toe caps and no spurs. His hat isn't a stereotypical cowboy hat, but an older flatter style: again, it's well-worn black leather, and the hat band has a variety of teeth stuck into it. He wears brown leather gloves with the trigger fingers cut off.
He has three guns on his body. One - the Devil's Blood revolver - is worn in a cross-draw holster on his left side so it can be drawn by his right hand when he's sitting down or riding. A second is a more modernized LeMat revolver, and is worn in a quick-draw holster on his left thigh. The smaller third revolver is worn in a holster strapped to his left boot. There's a pearl-handled Bowie knife on his right thigh, and a throwing knife in his right boot.
He has an old dark red duster coat, worn draped over his shoulders like a cloak or a poncho. He also has a messenger or sling bag thrown over one shoulder, with three special sheaths/holsters attached to it. In those sheaths, he has a katana (it's just that sort of setting), a pump-action shotgun (nothing special done to it), and a Winchester-like rifle (again, nothing special done to it).

And... wow. I'm really realizing how much there is to this guy. I might need to simplify things a bit. Anyway, that's what I've got. If it looks too complex, I can throw Jason Savage (the starship captain) at you.

PS: No, I will not describe his horse. That would be a whole other level of "what the frig?"
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lisky

Quote from: Gabi on July 15, 2011, 06:04:43 PM
Sorry for the delay, I was computer-less for a few days.

Basilisk's gifter would like him to expand on Bas's personality, and would also like to know if there are any 'abstract' figures that he would like his gifter to make (non-humanoid, like a house, ship, vehicle, etc).

Baseel is a demon. He's impulsive to the point of recklessness, he's flirty, playful, and when he's in the mood, quite generous.  As a demon he's got confidence that borders on arrogance, with a rather casual attitude when it comes to many things that are generally considered less than moral.

As for something to make... i... dunno... o.o;  perhaps a fantasy style castle?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Gabi

One more question for Basilisk: "What abilities and powers does Bas have?"
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Lisky

Lesee... his main focus is in dark and shadow magic.  He draws energy from the darkness... doing various spells such as solidifying or liquifying shadows, draining the light from a room, forming weapons from raw shadow (same with the solidifying) along with your typical dark energies, such as hurling bolts of dark energy, or ya know, hurling balls of explody doom.

As for non-combat, he's got a wide range of healing spells, along with a cadre of very very basic magic in other fields.  He's a demon, and most of his magic revolves around keeping himself alive, or those who have displeased him, not.  <.<

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Gabi

Quote from: Jairus's gifter
To Jairus:

Whelp, finally got a preliminary sketch done. Before I start finishing it all, anything mismatching?

Quote from: Inumo's gifterso Inumo about your wolf ...
is his hair strait or curly?
does he wear the blind fold?
if so how does he wear it? (over eyes or as a head / arm band)
what shade of brown would you said his fur is?
would you mind if i don't have time to color the image this time around ?.i'm having a few offline difficulties

Note to all: I'm in Rosario this week, taking a course on dependently typed programming. I'm using my brother's little netbook and the hotel's poor Internet connection which I can only really use during breakfast. So I'll be slow to respond until I get back home.

Inumo

Quote from: Inumo's gifterso Inumo about your wolf ...
is his hair strait or curly?
does he wear the blind fold?
if so how does he wear it? (over eyes or as a head / arm band)
what shade of brown would you said his fur is?
would you mind if i don't have time to color the image this time around ?.i'm having a few offline difficulties

... OH! Oh oh oh oh oh! You mean Likista! Took me a long while to figure that out (I thought you meant this guy long enough to almost have a post done using him >.>). Likista's hair is straight. I don't remember ever mentioning a blindfold... Just a mottled green headband. In terms of what shade his fur is... Apparently the term is bistre? Somewhere in there. And no, I don't mind if you don't end up having time to color the pic.

Jairus

Heh. Considering that he's never been drawn before, he looks fine. Don't worry too much about it. :)

Though that does kind of make me want to try my hand at him too... later, when I have free time.

Merlin

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on July 10, 2011, 10:35:55 PM
It doesn't matter. I don't care what you make. Send in a blank sheet if you feel like it.

EDIT: Why don't you make something for Gabi instead? I'm not in the mood to appreciate a gift, and she doesn't get enough recognition for her role in CCC.

Is it the 4th yet??? It is in my home timezone AND I HAVE VERY LITTLE PATIENCE AAAA

Plus that means I'll beat Gabi for posting gifts :3

Because as requested, here's a surprise gift for Gabi! Well, I hope it's a surprise, mwahahaha!

WhiteFox

They're due on the fourth. That doesn't mean Gabi hands them out on the fourth.

Pardon me while I cross a name off the list of people who could be my gifter.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

Wow, thank you, Merlin!

Gifts are due today, which means you can send them today and I'll post them tomorrow. Because otherwise people wouldn't have the chance to finish them on the last day, as so many tend to do. >.>

Gabi

...And here are the gifts!

-Merlin made this gift for Corgatha Taldorthar.

-Corgatha Taldorthar wrote the following gift for VAE:
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on July 30, 2011, 06:59:51 AM
To Vladim, our bumbling director
Despite his flaws, he wants to be world dictator.
He betrays no competance,
He mistakes wrath for puissance,
Protest and scrawl copies on every bathroom door.

Tommy Delran, I am aghast at what you have done.
I have treated you much like a son,
When you lead the charge at Tranheim
I healed your wounds from the caustic slime,
But to survive, you must hide better your transgression.

-e_voyager drew the following gift for Inumo:

-Inumo drew this gift for Jairus.

This has been posted on deviantART if you use that. If there are any other places you'd like it put up (FA or something like Photobucket), let me know.
*/

-The1Kobra made the following gift for Basilisk:
Quote from: The1Kobra on August 04, 2011, 08:42:02 AM
Here they are. Should be 3 images here.

-WhiteFox drew the following gift for The1Kobra:

/**
* Author's comments:
* There's a few spots that could use a little work, and I don't think I did justice to the collar. Overall, tho, I like how this came out.

Around June, I was developing a comic whose main character was reptilian. The comic fell apart, and I've been itching to draw something scaley ever since. Plus, in the only DnD game I've been in I played a Kobold rogue, and he was all kinds of fun. Long story short, I was more than happy to draw this character.

I tried a few ways of drawing the spikes on the head, closer to what was in the screenshot, but I couldn't make it look good. So I dug out a few pics of horned toads, and worked with that.

Anyway, I hope it's acceptable.
*/

-Basilisk made this gift for Merlin.

/**
* Author's comments:
* For Merlin:  I imagine madam queen of the universe taking this pose with a haughty snort, replying with something along the lines of "Oh ya? I could have done -that- better"

Hope you enjoy X3 it's a little light... i kept playing with it and couldn't settle on a pose
*/

-Jairus made this gift for e_voyager.

/**
* Author's comments:
* I decided to revisit the time I drew your character in the classic Mega Man style, as well as do a little homage to the recently canceled Mega Man Legends 3. A dozen sketches later and a lot of erasing and redrawing, and that didn't work out so hot, unfortunately. For some reason, I just can't get this style. I will most likely be revisiting this in the not too distant future, to at least clean it up a bit.
*/

Almost everyone has made it this time! I'm sorry that WhiteFox is being owed yet another gift. I hope VAE posts it soon.

e_voyager

Nicely done Jairus. and great pun with the rock on megaman tag at the bottom of the pic.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Inumo

Thanks, e! Nice job on the muzzle. I hope you enjoyed making it!

Quote from: Gabi on August 05, 2011, 11:04:29 AM
I'm sorry that WhiteFox is being owed yet another gift.

*looks at the front page* o.o Methinks he should get a spare gift next round...

WhiteFox

Quote from: Inumo on August 05, 2011, 08:25:50 PM
Thanks, e! Nice job on the muzzle. I hope you enjoyed making it!

Quote from: Gabi on August 05, 2011, 11:04:29 AM
I'm sorry that WhiteFox is being owed yet another gift.

*looks at the front page* o.o Methinks he should get a spare gift next round...

It's all good, I really don't mind.

I've left people hanging a time or two, so I can sympathize. Sometimes, things get held up, other times, people are just hard to gift.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Lisky

I'm good to go for the next round, :o

Also, i see a reference to one of the most hated RP characters ever... that bunny can go die in a fire, Kobra... oh... wait <.<

Inumo

Gabi

OK, we can start taking sign-ups and, if anyone sees VAE, please ask him what happened.

Merlin

Love that pic, Basilisk! That pose suits Peony to a T!

And I'm going to have to bow out of this round, hopefully I'll be back in the future though~

WhiteFox

Jairus

Thank you, Inumo. I think it's great.

Um, I won't be able to participate this round, due to a number of things going on. But have fun everyone!

TheDXM

Ͼ ♂ Ͽ

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gabi

OK, so far we have Basilisk, Inumo, TheDXM and Corgatha Taldorthar. I have 2 teacher contests on Thursday (a.k.a. the hell we have to go through in order to [attempt to] keep our jobs), so the next round will begin on Friday. I hope more people will have signed up by then.

Noone

@Bas: I hope you liked it. I know I was probably horribly misinterpreting Bas's character >.<, but oh well. I hope you liked it.

@Whitefox: Thanks :D, though I did mention that Sayl's height is 2'8, not 3'4, so he's even more of a half-pint than that. Kobolds are really small. He's still extremely dangerous though, DC 37 death attack and all. I'd still say a nice job overall though.

And sure, why not? I can sign up for another round.

Lisky

WhiteFox

Gabi

Oh, sorry! WhiteFox too, of course.

WhiteFox, Basilisk, Inumo, TheDXM, Corgatha Taldorthar and The1Kobra. :)

I wonder if we'd be able to get someone who hasn't participated before (so that one of you gets to make a gift for someone new).

Sienna Maiu - M T

Oh man, I feel like such a jerk :<
But life happened, so what can you do? But it was due May 6th, wasn't it? That makes me three months, two weeks, five days late in posting.
Sorry it's late llearch, but here it is.
If it's any consolation, the lighting fixture in my bedroom is still broken.

Corgatha:
Very amusing, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The ending may have very possibly confused me a bit >.>, but I overall loved the piece.
I thought that she was quite in character (but it's kind of hard for her to not be :. ) I loved your portrayal of the portals :)
This was enough to put a smile on my face, despite the fact that I otherwise feel like a jerkface.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on August 25, 2011, 08:19:47 AM
Oh man, I feel like such a jerk :<
But life happened, so what can you do? But it was due May 6th, wasn't it? That makes me three months, two weeks, five days late in posting.
Sorry it's late llearch, but here it is.
If it's any consolation, the lighting fixture in my bedroom is still broken.

Heh. It's okay, I still haven't posted my own entry for e. For which I am apologetic, but, unfortunately, not muse-ful :-/ So, you're not the worst. And I've been here the whole time, so... yeah. >.<
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears