[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

I think I'll not be participating this round. Between everything going on, my free time is going to be spoken for straight through to...some time next year. :<
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

FSharp

"To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sprocketsdance

Kipiru

Dekari

As interesting as the last round was, I'm going to have to sit out the next few.  I'm going to be taking a Photoshop class starting next week and then an Autodesk Maya class in the winter.  Maybe I'll be able to hop back in come spring and do some 3-D modeling for practice once I get my hands on the student discounted programs  :mwaha.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Sofox

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

OK, I'll leave people until tomorrow to sign up and then begin the round 5 on Wednesday.

Zina has contacted me, she will post her gift for Round 4 when she finishes it (she's busy right now).

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

Oops! Little problem. I'll start the new round tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay.

On the bright side, I have a new computer now! ^_^

WhiteFox

Quote from: Gabi on August 26, 2009, 07:20:40 PM

Grats. Have you named it yet?

Mmm. New electronics smell.

Which is probably a toxic chemical that will kill you... But, heck, we love it anyway.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Sofox

hapless

Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

Zina

Oh man, so sorry this took so long. Between traveling from one country to another and work, certain stuff just kind of got pushed into the back. My bad, bros.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Zinacat/Inked/CCCink.jpg

Anyway, this was a bit of a challenge for me, and I did my best to accurately draw Corg's character. It was fun regardless, but ugh. I gotta work on my muscles.
I wanted to color it, but...no time. Maybe someday.

Hope you like it, Corgatha~!

Oh, and Basilisk2150? LOVE. Thanks so much, I know llamas can be a bit of a pain, but it's obvious you tried hard, and I love it. Thanks a ton, sir. :>

Corgatha Taldorthar

I see Kipriu's open vest coat style has become popular, or is that just because Amber put a similar one on Dan? :P

Love the scarring work, especially the one that goes through his mouth, although the finger ones are also quite nice. And something about the eyes. Large irises and no visible pupil makes the stare, almost creepy in fact, and I think the lack of color accentuates how alien, how off (and therefore unsettling) the piece is.

Great work, sorry to hear about your bouncing, and hope you can settle in Zina. :)

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gabi

Quote from: WhiteFox on August 26, 2009, 07:32:24 PM
Quote from: Gabi on August 26, 2009, 07:20:40 PM

Grats. Have you named it yet?

Mmm. New electronics smell.

Which is probably a toxic chemical that will kill you... But, heck, we love it anyway.
Well, it's not really new. It's about as old as my old computer, just new for me (and with better components). It has my old hard drives and power source, and everything else comes from my brother's old computer. He suggested naming it GalaxyTula, as it's a hybrid of his Galaxy and my GoldenTula. But since it has my hard drives it still recognizes itself as GoldenTula.

Thanks for the congratulations, Sofox!

And thanks for posting, Zina. May happiness be with you.

And so, Round 5 begins!

The participants are WhiteFox, Basilisk2150, Corgatha Taldorthar, FSharp, wuffnpuff, Kipiru, Sofox, e_voyager, The1Kobra.

I'll be assigning matchups now. What I must ask everyone is that you please be responsible. Anyone can have a problem and be delayed, but in that case please let us know what's going on so that your recipient doesn't feel neglected.

I hope everyone enjoys this new round.

Kipiru

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on August 27, 2009, 09:55:49 AM
I see Kipriu's open vest coat style has become popular...

Why wouldn't it- it lets muscles on the chest be seen with male characters and it makes for grand cleavage with female ones  :mowmeep

Gabi

Oh. By the way, the deadline for submitting your gifts is Thursday 24/09/09 or 09/24/09 or 09/09/24, whichever you understand best (they're all the same day anyway).

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Kipiru on August 27, 2009, 10:01:30 AM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on August 27, 2009, 09:55:49 AM
I see Kipriu's open vest coat style has become popular...

Why wouldn't it- it lets muscles on the chest be seen with male characters and it makes for grand cleavage with female ones  :mowmeep

It's more because he's a Wheel of Time character, and nobody really dresses that way in the books..........
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gabi

First requests are in!

WhiteFox's gifter is asking for some information: "the usual, appearance, setting, personality, history".

The1Kobra's gifter wants to know if he has any requests for what he'd like for a gift, whether it be drawing or writing.

Noone

Well, I'm afraid I don't really have anything I'd like on a writing end...

If drawing is your thing, you could make another picture of Kassin. (Info : Picture by Aisha DeCabre, Description here)

If you don't want to do that, you could make one of my NWN characters, (Neverwinter Nights, using DnD 3.0)
He's Kurchin, a Chaotic Neutral kobold rogue. He's quite eccentric, and is far from the typical 'Lawful Evil' kobold package. His personality can be described as something of a combination of a 6 year old child, a hyperactive puppy, and a pampered housecat. His favorite activity is jumping on a 'big person' and hugging them, while having his head petted. He also likes eating large sums of cookies (even though enough will make him vomit, he only has a Constitution of 12), cake. He's a rather unusual kobold. He also has a habit of licking people's faces (which many who are not used to his antics find somewhat disturbing). I didn't give him a detailed physical description (since I was pretty much going by the NWN model). He's approximately 2 foot 8 inches tall. His scales are blue, and lack any obvious blemishes. His sapphire-like eyes are large and beady. The short horns atop his head are neatly polished, and look to have been filed down (their ends are rounded). His appearance is roughly based off of Variant 2 here. He is however, supposed to be considered cute. (His Charisma is 14)

If this is inadequate, please let me know, and I'll endeavor to correct it.

WhiteFox

WF being an avatar, the "Setting" could be considered modern day Atlantic Canada.
Arctic fox. Currently using summer colours, but by 10/24/09 (or 24/10/09, or 09/10/24), that might change. Either colouration is good, though.
Pony tail about a foot long, beard and 'stache as per avatar image on the left there.
Dresses business-casual. Likes Polo and button-down shirts, preferably blue, and tan or light gray slacks.
Average height and pretty damn skinny: No fat, not much muscle.
Mid twenties, artist and graphic designer.
Not likely to come up, but I'm blind in my right eye, and the pupil is permanently dilated. Which makes me look kinda like a druggie.

Aside from my avatar, I'd welcome art of any of my comic characters:DSOF archive here.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Gabi

We have more questions!
Quote from: e_voyager's gifter
Could you ask my recipient what he would like to receive please? I can draw and write, but I think I'm better at writing.

Thanks in advance.

Quote from: FSharp's gifter
Ok, I have a few questions for FSharp

What would you like as a gift? I know it's a tough question sometimes :) But if you really are unsure then could you give me either a lot of info on yourself or a character that you have?

FSharp

Quote from: FSharp's gifter
Ok, I have a few questions for FSharp

What would you like as a gift? I know it's a tough question sometimes :) But if you really are unsure then could you give me either a lot of info on yourself or a character that you have?

If it helps to have something to work with, I collected some of my favorite NPC descriptions from a game I used to write for here, and any one of them would work. My overriding preference is any subject that inspires the creator and makes the work enjoyable to create. Whether that's one of my characters or something entirely different, I'll be happy with it.
"To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lisky

Hello there gifter,

If you're reading this, i guess i'm kinda open as to whatever you wish to go for...  If you're doing art, i can get you detailed character descriptions, as well as sketches...

if you're doing art/poetry, just ask Gabi to ask me for any specifics, and i'll get you what you need... sorry that it's not directly helpful, but i'd rather not limit your muse, especially this early in the round

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

rhyfe2002

Aww, I wanted in but I guess it's too late for that  :<. I keep missing the signup period for some reason, grrr. 

e_voyager

deer gifter which are you more comfortable doing? if you wish to write something it's fine and i can give you information on any of the character that strike you interest. if you wish to draw then i have several  references about the characters that you can view. ( i would do it now but i'm too tired to see strait. )

Gabi

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on August 30, 2009, 03:22:34 AM
Aww, I wanted in but I guess it's too late for that  :<. I keep missing the signup period for some reason, grrr.  
You could make a gift for me. ;)

Or you can keep an eye on the topic after the 24th. By the way, I meant September, not October. As busy and tired as I am, 2 months is a bit too much. Sorry.

Now this is for Sofox:

Quote from: Sofox's gifterDear sofox.

What species are you?
Do you have any favorite video games?
What time of year is it were you are?
Are you a writer or a drawer?
Do you have any favorite characters ?

Quote from: e_voyager's gifter
I'm more comfortable writing than I am drawing. If you could post links to whatever character you would like me to write about (if you don't have anything particular in mind, just link as many as you can think of and I'll choose from there.), it would help immensely.

Quote from: Basilisk2150's gifter
I read Basilisk2150's post on the art exchange thread and my preferred medium is drawing. Can you ask him to reply with character references or any other details I should include in the gift?