01/22/09 [DMFA #965] - Umm… wow…

Started by Jairus, January 22, 2009, 01:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: senrath on January 22, 2009, 02:41:02 PM
Quote from: Naldru on January 22, 2009, 01:31:53 PM
Edit:  Why do I have this image of Devin and Abel spending time together exchanging recipes and home decorating techniques.
You have that image because that would be awesome.

I would like to see any encounter between the two revealing if Abel managed to let go of his guilt complex after all this time. *grumbles* And I'm wrong about the inverted name thing among demons. Curses and drat
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

thegayhare

my thoughts on why Devin got reanimated

First off Kria probably didn't know he was at first, and I don't think DP was involved in the attack.  After the whole thing was over she goes home and tells her brother about it.  DP gets a thought... "Ohh fresh bodies and I don't even need a shovel."  and runs off gathering up the remains for experimentation.  At some later date Kria spots Zombie Devin while she's visiting her brother.  (I picture her double taking as she walks past the bathroom to see devin plunger in hand trying to unclog the toilet)  She starts to feel a pang of regret... or nostalgia for her favorite student and then askes her brother for the zombie as a keep sake

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Baal Hadad on January 22, 2009, 03:57:12 PM
:erk

I didn't even notice that either.  I'm going to have to start paying closer attention to this....

A-maz-ing!

But where does that nickname, "D'R," come from?  It can't be his initials--even before he became a Soulstealer his last name didn't begin with R....

Devin and Regina?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShadesFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 22, 2009, 04:55:09 PM
Devin and Regina?

Except that in the bio it has D'R as Devin's nickname.  And it would be better as DNR if referring to both.  What with Devin being undead and DNR standing for Do Not Resuscitate.
The All Purpose Fox

Naldru

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 22, 2009, 10:46:47 AM
Dammit, I just realized something. Devin is referred to as D'R in his profile. Kria brought up a "D'R" earlier.

But where does that nickname, "D'R," come from?  It can't be his initials--even before he became a Soulstealer his last name didn't begin with R....
Devin Reanimated ?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Naldru on January 22, 2009, 05:02:05 PM

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 22, 2009, 10:46:47 AM
Dammit, I just realized something. Devin is referred to as D'R in his profile. Kria brought up a "D'R" earlier.

Devin Reanimated ?

Probably me being silly, but the initials sound rather like the exclamation "Dur!"  Devin might be sarcastic enough to say that, methink. xP
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Pagan

Devin SoulstealeR.

Devin Reanimated sounds good too.

Also: "Holy crap." I said a lot of other things when I saw it, but they don't bear repeating.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tycoon

Ten bucks says that Hannah will be in an urn on the mantle a couple comics from now.

But, in all seriousness, this has definitely elevated the arc to the honor of being the best of all. So many wonderful twists, character development, and great artistry have all reminded me of why this is my favorite comic.

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: thegayhare on January 22, 2009, 04:54:22 PM
my thoughts on why Devin got reanimated

First off Kria probably didn't know he was at first, and I don't think DP was involved in the attack.  After the whole thing was over she goes home and tells her brother about it.  DP gets a thought... "Ohh fresh bodies and I don't even need a shovel."  and runs off gathering up the remains for experimentation.  At some later date Kria spots Zombie Devin while she's visiting her brother.  (I picture her double taking as she walks past the bathroom to see devin plunger in hand trying to unclog the toilet)  She starts to feel a pang of regret... or nostalgia for her favorite student and then askes her brother for the zombie as a keep sake

Well, after comparing the shadow hand in Abel's Story that belongs to the mysterious teacher/instructor type person that Kria is with to DP's hand, and just looking at the tone of each one's dialogue, I have come to the conclusion that they are most likely one and the same. Perhaps it is another, and thus far unknown, family member, though.

celelorien

my exact response to this comic:

w-wait... wh-wh-what??

H-H-H-H-HO-LEE F*CK.  D: :eager

Lucheek

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 22, 2009, 02:03:21 AM

Something seems different about his face, but I can't quite place it (need sleep) maybe it's just the stupid brain overreacting to the new eye color and insisting that the rest of the face altered as well.

Actually, his face is a little diffrence. You can't really see it in the comic, but on his cast page Devin has a square-chin, while in Abel's story it was pointed. That, and, his face is thiner and kind of looks sunken-in...pro'lly due to the entire death thing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lucheek on January 22, 2009, 06:23:32 PM
Actually, his face is a little diffrence. You can't really see it in the comic, but on his cast page Devin has a square-chin, while in Abel's story it was pointed. That, and, his face is thiner and kind of looks sunken-in...pro'lly due to the entire death thing.

I wouldn't read too much into that.  Amber seems to use a slightly different style for many of the cast pictures.  Coloured outlines for one, but there are slight design differences too.  Compare Abel's cast picture with his appearance in-strip, for example.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Aleolus on January 22, 2009, 12:59:25 PMSeriously, though, I wonder how Abel will take this little bit of news, if he ever manages to find out?

I think I pointed out before that it's Chekhov's Gun (or Gunman, whatever).  You don't bring people back unless you plan to use them.

Obviously, I don't know Amber's mind, but I would bet fairly heavily on Abel finding out about Devin (if he doesn't already know).

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

techmaster-glitch

Unfortunately, this comic did not surprise me as much as it should have, because I went to the Info Kiosk and saw the devin thing :<

However, I must say that I like the design of Metal Devin the way I like the construct-like DeathKnights :3

thegayhare

Quote from: Tyranastrasz on January 22, 2009, 06:07:11 PM

Well, after comparing the shadow hand in Abel's Story that belongs to the mysterious teacher/instructor type person that Kria is with to DP's hand, and just looking at the tone of each one's dialogue, I have come to the conclusion that they are most likely one and the same. Perhaps it is another, and thus far unknown, family member, though.

Eh with the amount of shapshifters in the furrea world I wouldn't take shap of hand as a definitive proof of anything but eh maybe I'm wrong on that part it still doesn't invalidate my other speculation.  that at the time of devins resurrection kria didn't know and asked her brother for the zombie at a later date as a remembrance of Able

inuhanyo

Speaking of Abel ...  Not to derail the thread, but I was just rereading Abel's story archive when I realized that Fa'Lina's ban on Aniz is about to expire.  http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_018.php

Tyranastrasz

Well, so it is! Thanks for pointing that out. I wonder what will happen in the next year of the comic :O

inuhanyo

More on topic, when Abel "Imagined" Devin during Abel's recovery period at SAIA, Devin had the yellow pupils typical of the undead.  http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_036.php

Of course, that Devin was otherwise intact.

Gamma

Quote from: inuhanyo on January 22, 2009, 11:47:12 PM
More on topic, when Abel "Imagined" Devin during Abel's recovery period at SAIA, Devin had the yellow pupils typical of the undead.  http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_036.php

Of course, that Devin was otherwise intact.
Devin's have always been yellow, more like gold really, like many cats.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_38.php
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

inuhanyo

Living Devin had yellow/gold irises, "ghost" Devin had yellow/gold glow-in-the-dark pupils.

Lowde

Devin is back as a new character :D

He lost his memory thought :<

But his personality seems to be intact :D :D :D

Corgatha Taldorthar

Stupid thing struck me. I missed it in all the Devin excitement....

What happened to the spray can and green rag that Regina had in the last comic? Did we skip a few minutes or some other period of time?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Aurawyn

Haha..

I saw the comic last night before bed and totally didn't realize that was Devin!(I had taken 3 times the prescribed amount of narcotic cough suppressant then I was supposed to two tablespoons as apposed to two teaspoons, So I was a little loopy hehe)

I came back this mourning, looked again was was like..

Waaaaaaait Wuuut??

*Flomp*

Dracora

Is it just me or did Regina's Cast Page change too? Last I remember, it was full of ???s.

Tyranastrasz

That was changed since she popped up in Kria's mansion a couple comics ago, I believe.

Dracora

Ahhhh.... I wonder what else changed in my 10 day compyfree absence... *Scurries off to look*

Feather Dancer

Apologies I admit I have a typo problem.

So KRIA there, I got it right this time :(
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Sunblink

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 23, 2009, 12:37:19 AM
Stupid thing struck me. I missed it in all the Devin excitement....

What happened to the spray can and green rag that Regina had in the last comic? Did we skip a few minutes or some other period of time?

THEY DISAPPEARED. OoOOOoooOoOoOo...

I mean, she probably put them down somewhere.

Mao

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 23, 2009, 09:49:37 AM
THEY DISAPPEARED. OoOOOoooOoOoOo...

Oh god!  This is just like that time my bowl of Cheerio's tried to scare me!   :dface

senrath

Quote from: Lowde on January 23, 2009, 12:29:03 AM
Devin is back as a new character :D

He lost his memory thought :<

But his personality seems to be intact :D :D :D
He might have lost more than his memory.  It's possible that he lost his soul, too, and this is someone/something else's.