What made you smile today?

Started by Colgatecrusader, December 20, 2008, 09:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colgatecrusader

I wasn't sure as to whether i should put this in general discussion in the arena so if i put it in the wrong place, I apologize beforehand. Anyway, the rules are pretty simple, just name one thing that made you smile today. Feel free to comment on others posts. Yes i did blatantly steal this from another forum which coincidentally also did the same thing.

I'll start: i managed to finish most of my christmas shopping and i didn't even set foot in the mall.
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Angel

I went caroling with my old high-school choir today in a big shopping plaza. It was freezing, but I had fun.  :)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Aisha deCabre

Only thing that made me smile today was watching a rather funny video with my brother.

Otherwise I guess I'll wait until I feel that I had a fairly decent day to post here again.  :/
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

thegayhare

watching my dog, and then my cat freak out because we'd put antlers on them

Colgatecrusader

I just learned how my video camera works! It's been almost a year (i got it last christmas)
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

techmaster-glitch

Reading some of the posts on this forum :) You people are great :3

Alondro

I was petting my nice lil kitty, Lucky, and he was being nice.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Colgatecrusader

Alondro

Quote from: scorpio803 on December 20, 2008, 10:22:18 PM
is he normally not nice?

He's always nice, but it always makes me smile because he's a very friendly cat who actually likes to be with people, not just because he wants a comfortable place to sleep.  He'll actually move back and forth between people frequently on a couch to make sure he can nuzzle everyone equally.  And he likes the dog too.  He just has a very affectionate personality.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Vidar

Booze! I don't have to work tomorrow, so I can drink until I have enough.  :mowdizzy
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Mao

Plotting revenge on my guildies after they abused my hangover status this morning.

Lysander

Watching a video of someone beating the extra stage on Imperishable Night. If you've played any Touhou game you'd know how insane such a task would be.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

yakanaj

Reading this thread and just being able to lie in bed and hold my husbands hand.

Azlan

Building the Kremlin in Washington...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lisky

my friend sent me something both horrifying, and hilarious... it definitely made me smile
http://www.explosm.net/movies/124/

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Angel

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on December 22, 2008, 10:17:56 AM
my friend sent me something both horrifying, and hilarious... it definitely made me smile
http://www.explosm.net/movies/124/

XD Bwahahaha... God, yes. I love Cyanide and Happiness. Read their comics, please.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Lysander

Just now seeing the turnout of the donations/auction.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

black fox

I was able to get some of my house work done and enjoyed some old school gaming( Super Nintendo for the win^^).

Colgatecrusader

Quote from: black fox on December 22, 2008, 10:22:50 PM
I was able to get some of my house work done and enjoyed some old school gaming( Super Nintendo for the win^^).

Super Mario RPG FTW.

Dannysaysnoo

Lysander

One of my favorite makes for SNES, I must type.

The moderators are the cause of my smile.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Ryudo Lee

I got a call from my supervisor today.  I'm getting a raise!   :megagroove (We totally need better happydance smilies)

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Colgatecrusader

Alteisentier

*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Lisky

but kirby is doing the "I got some booty" dance 

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Colgatecrusader

My family came over for christmas. It was highly entertaining.

Angel

I found out that I passed my first semester with a 3.58 GPA.  :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :ipod

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot. My friend showed me Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (we're both huge fans of Joss Whedon). It made me smile, then it made me cry.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Kimmy

Being able to cuddle with a close friend for a while. It made me feel so good~
Oh god, there are so many tails D:

Lysander

Friends who live many, many miles away.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Ryudo Lee

My Christmas gifts.  Let me elaborate.

Times are tough, so my folks are giving me cash.  Easy, simple, non-returnable.
A neighbor (who shall remain nameless due to certain laws regarding alcohol production) made a batch of amaretto and gave me a bottle.  Good stuff there.

Usually, my sister gets me a t-shirt or something small, and I usually return the favor.  I got her a Coca-Cola calendar, cuz she loves Coke stuff.  Unfortunately, times must really be tough because she didn't get anything for me.  I know that I shouldn't expect anything from anyone, but still, it's my sister, so I was a little miffed.

Those feelings instantly evaporated once I got my gift from my grandfather.  A one gallon bottle of Seagram's 7... from the 60's, still sealed with the tax label still in place.  My grandfather found it in a closet and said it was given to him sometime before he retired.  It must have been in that closet for some 20 years, and who knows where it was stashed away before then (most likely in another closet).  My grandparents don't drink, so they gave it to me.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!