18 kids...

Started by Alondro, December 19, 2008, 09:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Okayyyy... am I the only one who thinks this is a wee bit excessive?

Breedin like rabbits!

I think she's just having more for the TV show now. 

Well, at least they'll be pretty sure their DNA will be passing along to future generations.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Dagardo

A wee bit? 8 kids is a wee bit, 18 kids is just way off the handle. I don't know what they're reasons are, nor do I care, But 18 kids is like, way too many. Having more for a T.V. show seems like a stupid reason, and if they're doing it to make more money they'll be using more money than they're making, unless they're like lawyers or something, cause think about it, 11 of the kids are under sixteen, 12 counting the "new arrival," And they're probably going to be eating all hours of the day, if they don't have set eating schedules, and if they are eating that much, imagine the grocery bill for 20 people. :U That's a lot of money. They're is 4 people living in my house and sometimes my mom spends about 200 - 300 dollars (if not more) on food when she goes shopping, multiply that by five, and that is too damn much money for food! Now if you'll excuse me I need to find stuff to do, that doesn't involve eating. But before I do, future generations? If each kid has 18 kids then that's 324 people, but hopefully the kids will be more sensible than their parents and have less than 10 children. Crazy people.

Jack McSlay

I know a guy who has 20 uncles/aunties from his father's part. I have 13 from my father's part myself, but yeah, it's pretty weird to see these things nowadays.

The mom must like being pregnant, since she already spent 12 years pregnant (assuming she has two pair of twins given the kids' ages)

The article doesn't mention what their parents what the parents do for a living. Whatever it is I hope it makes a LOT of money, even tho that doesn't occur often  :U
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

llearch n'n'daCorna

My first question is... what's with the J's?

Seriously, every child has a name that begins with J. What's with that?

I'm betting they just like sex. I've no idea how they can find the time and energy, myself - one child kinda sucked all the life out of mine...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 19, 2008, 10:49:19 AM
Seriously, every child has a name that begins with J. What's with that?
On my mother's side, all the names began with 'D'.  I never found out why  :<
EDIT: and there were only four of them anyway

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Four is ok. By the time you pass into double digits, you're starting to get strange looks, though.

Jack McSlay

Worst is that some TV asshole decided to make a program dedicated to them. like "Hey, have a lot of kids and become famous!"

Reminds an simpsons when Apu had octuplets but then some random person had nonatuplets (not sure how 9-twins is supposed to be called) and then they took everything they got from donations.

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 19, 2008, 10:51:13 AMOn my mother's side, all the names began with 'D'.  I never found out why  :<
EDIT: and there were only four of them anyway
My grandfather(father-side) named the first 10 males with names starting with V. granted some of the names I haven't heard anywhere else

Ryudo Lee

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Amber Williams

My line of thought has often been that "If you can afford that many kids, then go for it."  But if they are having to scrimp resources and pretty much all the kids are destined for welfare...then seriously. wtf.

Gamma

Third world country's don't even bother with that many kids!
They stop before ten most of the time.

Typical that they are from a southern state. While stupidity and low IQ generally can crop up anywhere, we have the stereotype for a reason. Besides the husbands name, seriously, Jim Bob...
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 19, 2008, 02:05:35 PMMy line of thought has often been that "If you can afford that many kids, then go for it."  But if they are having to scrimp resources and pretty much all the kids are destined for welfare...then seriously. wtf.
but if you have money for a lot of children, you probably have a job that takes a bunch of your time, the more kids you have , more you have to divide your free time between them...

you get the idea

Dagardo

Quote from: Gamma on December 19, 2008, 03:25:03 PM
Besides the husbands name, seriously, Jim Bob...
Jim Bob huh? Somehow that sounds like a name some idiot redneck might have. I'm not pointing fingers or accusing anyone, that's just what it sounds like. Course he doesn't like an idiot redneck... so he probably isn't, but you never know...

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 19, 2008, 02:05:35 PM
My line of thought has often been that "If you can afford that many kids, then go for it."  But if they are having to scrimp resources and pretty much all the kids are destined for welfare...then seriously. wtf.

And it gets worse.

Apparently the Mom's only still getting pregnant because of medical intervention (The "Equipment" is collapsing, for lack of better terminology), so she's actually ACTIVELY TRYING to have more.

Alondro

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on December 19, 2008, 03:49:25 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on December 19, 2008, 02:05:35 PM

And it gets worse.

Apparently the Mom's only still getting pregnant because of medical intervention (The "Equipment" is collapsing, for lack of better terminology), so she's actually ACTIVELY TRYING to have more.

In that case, we're dealing with some kind of psychopathological obsession... likely due to inbreeding.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Lysander

Yeah, it's just not healthy to have that many kids, in more ways than one. I wonder how many they planned on having when they were first married.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Elieana

Quote from: Dagardo on December 19, 2008, 03:42:10 PM
Jim Bob huh? Somehow that sounds like a name some idiot redneck might have. I'm not pointing fingers or accusing anyone, that's just what it sounds like. Course he doesn't like an idiot redneck... so he probably isn't, but you never know...

Hey! My uncle's name is Jim Bob! Then again... he is on my mother's side of the family... and she has 10 brothers and sisters... and was lucky out of three of the kids NOT to turn into a redneck... >_> <_< >_> <_< >_> <_< Where am I going with this?

Dagardo

Quote from: Elieana on December 19, 2008, 09:18:15 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on December 19, 2008, 03:42:10 PM

Hey! My uncle's name is Jim Bob! Then again... he is on my mother's side of the family... and she has 10 brothers and sisters... and was lucky out of three of the kids NOT to turn into a redneck... >_> <_< >_> <_< >_> <_< Where am I going with this?

I don't know where you're going with it, but it's like the names they choose for rednecks in whatever movies they may appear in, it's usually something like Billy Bob, or something like with two first names. Like I said I'm not pointing fingers or anything, it was just a coincidence, at least from my point of view. But ten other siblings seems like a real hassle to deal with, I've only got one brother and we don't get along near enough as we could, well we have recently but that's beside the point. I dread to think of what it would be like with nine other siblings. As does my mother I'm sure. :3 But If I had seventeen other siblings I'm sure at least one of us would be in a hospital and another in prison or some place like that. But it is time I shush.

Colgatecrusader

did anyone else here the "we have strong conservative values" part in the theme song, as stated before it's pretty obvious they are from the south. 18 kids, in a freaking POPULATION CRISIS, smart real smart.
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Cogidubnus

Alondro

*nods to Cog!*  Dat's da idear!  We gotsta outbreed them Islams befir they done git enough kids ta bomb us all!  Yee-haw!

*notes that outbreeding the opposition has actually been put into practice before*  It's insane, but that's way fanaticism works.   :B

Seriously, a nuke works MUCH faster!   >:3

Colgatecrusader

*facedesk* that's probably the worst idea i've ever heard. sure, just go on and start a nuclear war. Be back for dinner honey?
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

yakanaj

I like big families, but that is insane. Don't expect James and I to have that many.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: yakanaj on December 21, 2008, 02:50:26 AM
I like big families, but that is insane. Don't expect James and I to have that many.

Of course not. You're squirrels, not bunnies.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

King Of Hearts

18 is quite a bit... but a former senator here in the Philippines, Ramon Revilla has some 45 children, [though the usual macho rumors had it at 80] granted with different mothers.

Still scary logistics, though.

yakanaj

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on December 21, 2008, 04:11:44 AM
Quote from: yakanaj on December 21, 2008, 02:50:26 AM

Of course not. You're squirrels, not bunnies.

He's a squirrel. I'm a kitty.   :mwaha   Not that it makes a difference...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: King Of Hearts on December 21, 2008, 04:42:32 AM
18 is quite a bit... but a former senator here in the Philippines, Ramon Revilla has some 45 children, [though the usual macho rumors had it at 80] granted with different mothers.

Still scary logistics, though.

Depends on if he's paying for them. Generating that many children is relatively easy. All you need is a lot of women who don't mind your man sleeping with the other women, and a man who's willing to sex0r lots of women. The latter is easy to locate; the former, somewhat less so.

Once you've got that, put tab a in slot b until bump is generated, repeat. Note that you don't have to use just one slot b, and some maths at this point can lower the number of insertions required, but letting nature take it's course can also work fine.

It's a trivial exercise that has been done many times in the past. Getting double figures with just one woman, though, is a lot more work...

Colgatecrusader

what i don't understand is why anyone would put so much effort into having that many children.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: scorpio803 on December 21, 2008, 01:44:36 PM
what i don't understand is why anyone would put so much effort into having that many children.

Start having sex, you'll understand soon enough. ;-]

Colgatecrusader

protection corna, remember always use protection.

EDIT: this is a matter that i wish to not further discuss.