Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I've made a slight edit to Jakob's rant: "you threatened Gareeku's life" -> "you shot Gareeku".  If anyone objects I can revert it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gareeku

If anything, that makes it better, as Sheridan did describe his character aiming for Gareeku's arm.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on August 09, 2006, 07:44:36 AM
If anything, that makes it better, as Sheridan did describe his character aiming for Gareeku's arm.

Yep, that's the idea.

The slip that Gareeku fought the fake Cross was just that - a slip.  It took me about 5 hours to realise I'd done it.  I had half a mind to edit it, but decided that Jakob probably wasn't quite thinking straight anyway.  And I was curious as to whether Arc/Sheridan would notice..

Nikki

Quote from: Gareeku on August 08, 2006, 08:04:09 PM
Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 07, 2006, 11:33:30 PM
Xze has bad news :mowsad

Xze's school is starting next tuesday which means no more Computer until my first report card and it HAS to have no 'F's or 'D's....

during that time, would anyone like to play my character if i explain her enough? or...should i drop out? :mowsad

I would, but i'm busy enough in life as it is. I'm sure someone will fill in for you. If not, then i'll take control of her.

:3 alrighty

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Suwako

Okay, I have bad news for you guys (and for myself)  :mowsad

I'm officially going on vacantion on Friday and won't be back for three weeks. You may want to dish Alex or let someone else play him. The profile and current reactions basically display the biggest part of his personality. Tommorrow will be my final posting day. I hope to give a Little more depth into his personality that day but it's your decision I no one wants to play him I might as well write a post of him leaving. (and if I can I might walk in again if the GM let's me after my 3 week vacantion)

Gabi

Sorry for my recent abscence. It's been a hard few days at work. Plus I meant to catch up yesterday but all of a sudden I was told to apply for a spot as head teacher (which I'm not sure if I want it, but I did anyway), so that took yesterday's afternoon away. I'll try to catch up now.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Sorry, I went over Johan and Arc arguing about body counts and suddenly thought of Arsenic and Old Lace

Paladin, reading Arc's mind: You got twelve, he got twelve.
[Arc angrily grabs Paladin's collar]
Arc: I've got thirteen!
Pal: No, Arc, twelve - don't brag.
Arc: Thirteen! There's Mr. Spinalzo and the first one in London, two in Johannesburg, one in Sydney, one in Melbourne, two in San Francisco, one in Phoenix, Arizona...
Pal: Phoenix?
Arc: The filling station...
Pal [seeing the memory]: Filling station? Oh!
Pal: Yes.
Arc: Then three in Chicago and one in South Bend.
Pal: You cannot count the one in South Bend. He died of pneumonia!
Arc: He wouldn't have died of pneumonia if I hadn't shot him!
Pal: No, no, Arc. You cannot count him. You got twelve, he got twelve. Johan Cross is just as bad as you are!
Arc: Then I only need one more - and I've a pretty good idea who it should be.

Gabi

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2006, 06:58:53 AM
Sorry, I went over Johan and Arc arguing about body counts and suddenly thought of Arsenic and Old Lace

Paladin, reading Arc's mind: You got twelve, he got twelve.
[Arc angrily grabs Paladin's collar]
Arc: I've got thirteen!
Pal: No, Arc, twelve - don't brag.
Arc: Thirteen! There's Mr. Spinalzo and the first one in London, two in Johannesburg, one in Sydney, one in Melbourne, two in San Francisco, one in Phoenix, Arizona...
Pal: Phoenix?
Arc: The filling station...
Pal [seeing the memory]: Filling station? Oh!
Pal: Yes.
Arc: Then three in Chicago and one in South Bend.
Pal: You cannot count the one in South Bend. He died of pneumonia!
Arc: He wouldn't have died of pneumonia if I hadn't shot him!
Pal: No, no, Arc. You cannot count him. You got twelve, he got twelve. Johan Cross is just as bad as you are!
Arc: Then I only need one more - and I've a pretty good idea who it should be.

Half a dozen, not a dozen. :rolleyes

Gabi

I still don't know who Arsenic and Old Lace are.

Arcalane

Quote from: Gabi on August 10, 2006, 07:04:35 AM
I still don't know who Arsenic and Old Lace are.

I'm just as clueless as you are, but this[/i] might shed some light on the matter.

Tapewolf

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036613/quotes

**EDIT**

Quote from: Sheridan on August 10, 2006, 07:03:32 AM
Half a dozen, not a dozen. :rolleyes
Yep, and Cross killed about 9-10 people according to my notes.  But I didn't want to change the dialogue itself :)

**EDIT EDIT**

I've expanded on Jakob's "What do we do with him?" line.

Tapewolf

Gareeku, the map is your baby, so if there is a new message at 7:30, feel free to have Jakob/Jay read it out in your post.  (Or look at it disappointedly if there isn't one).
I'm kind of hoping Gabi will speak first though, to establish Jakob's pseudonym. :)

Nikki

alright, Xze's gonna pull out for now. when i return, i'll just show up in the Background if that makes sense and re-join yas..

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Gareeku

I've received permission to take control of Xze's character while she's away...so, um...yeah... >_>

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on August 14, 2006, 12:45:07 PM
I've received permission to take control of Xze's character while she's away...so, um...yeah... >_>

What about Alex?  Can we kidnap him? :twisted  He could manage to escape when his owner returns, maybe drop the group a few hints he's discovered during his ordeal..

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 14, 2006, 01:20:28 PM

What about Alex?  Can we kidnap him? :twisted  He could manage to escape when his owner returns, maybe drop the group a few hints he's discovered during his ordeal..

Down boy, you're Jakob, not Johan.  :rolleyes

Nikki

yeah and you better be good about it or you'll get punished.

*cracks her whip*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on August 17, 2006, 07:25:38 PM
"I doubt it's penguins," Gabi said automatically. "They usually live in the South and I've yet to meet a penguin creature. But lots of creatures do have wings, that's not much of a clue."

Well, assuming that Furrae has penguins (which I am), we don't actually know their distribution.  I'm using the term 'arctic' generically like Vernor Vinge did for the Tines' world in 'Fire Upon The Deep'.

And damn, I could have sworn I wrote 'feral penguins'..

Gabi

Are feral penguins creatures? The letter did say creatures. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on August 18, 2006, 06:29:39 AM
Are feral penguins creatures? The letter did say creatures. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Oh dear.  It didn't have the capital 'C' so I assumed it meant animals.
**EDIT**
Also because a group of sentient creatures usually build some kind of dwelling like a town or village.

Arcalane

Today's quote brought to you by Al "Scarface" Capone. ;)

Nikki

Nikki

Nikki

Tapewolf

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 26, 2006, 07:15:51 PM
*waits for the rp to live again*

Yeah, it does seem to be kind of stuck.  My guess is that no-one wants to take responsibility for changing location, and it's going to have to be done simultaneously.  I might have sent Jakob on ahead, but he's currently pretending he can't teleport.
And we still don't know where we have to go - I get the feeling Gareeku is gently saying 'no' about the Oracles, but I could be wrong.

**EDIT**
And here's a penguin for you.

Arcalane

"I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a Penguin with a USB logo on it's chest."

<_< >_>

Gabi

That penguin should learn not to eat computer hardware. It's clearly caused him/her an indigestion.

OK, I'll capitalize the 'C'. JP, it's true that many Creatures tend to build towns and villages, but they're not the only places where they can be found. SAIA, for example, is neither, and there are many winged Creatures there. And I don't think Dragons live in that kind of settlement. Nor do most mythos we've heard of.

Nikki

PENGUIN!! *tackle hug*

...Xze will take charge if no one else will cuz Xze is bored  :mowsad

Gabi

Note about my latest post: the rumor may or may not be true. I know Azlan's RPG is not cannon, and it's not set exactly in the same world, but I thought this little part of it would make sense. In that game, my character was originally a low-ranked priestess at a Phoenix temple, even though she wasn't a Phoenix herself.