Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareeku

Gabi

I will assume everyone read my thoughts, because Gareeku wouldn't speak out loudly when telling a secret, and I doubt everyone's hearing is that good.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on September 26, 2006, 06:59:21 AM
I will assume everyone read my thoughts, because Gareeku wouldn't speak out loudly when telling a secret, and I doubt everyone's hearing is that good.

I was assuming he stood too close to Xze, having just gone to read her casting.

N.B.  http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_247.php

**EDIT**
Oh, he didn't go to read her casting, did he?  My mistake.   Sorry..

**EDIT EDIT**
Gabi, yours is possibly more plausible since Beings and so on don't have mind-shields as such but use mental techniques to distract any would-be mind reader, as was done in "Dr. Who - Invasion of Time".  What's for tea?  An emotional shock like that would distract you leaving you wide open.  This has interesting possibilities for battles between 'cubi and Beings, where the 'cubi try to surprise the Being so that they can get at their minds.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RJ

Blaze's ears don't just frame his face, ya know... XD

Hilary

Quote from: Gabi on September 26, 2006, 06:59:21 AM
Hmm. Pheonixes can't hear thoughts... tricky. Should I do some post editing?

Paladin Sheppard

Guys I know its taken me along time to decide this but I think Paladin is too powerfull for this RP. With everyones (or Gareeku's :3) permission I'll write him out and submit a new character somewhere before or after the oracles...

Tapewolf

There was a point where I nearly left, too.  What I was going to do was kidnap Jakob.  He was going to yell for the others to get out just before he was taken.  That means he'd be among the ones rescued at the end.  It also offers scope for him to return mid-way, if he somehow manages to escape.  He would then be able to offer vague hints about the kidnapper to the others.

Paladin Sheppard

Ok after receiving the ok from Gareeku heres Ephrael:

NAME: Ephrael Falco

RACE: Tasmanian Devil; Being

SEX: Female

FAMILY: Older Sister (Jade Falco)

BODY TYPE: Small, athletic

EYES: Bright Blue

HAIR/Fur: Red / Black with white stripes on her chest and a white spot around her right eye.

FAVOURITE FOOD: Pizza

FAVOURITE COLOR: Blue

CLOTHING (+style): Light leather vest, skirt and shin pads dyed green, hiking boots and a blue undershirt.

PERSONALITY: Timid around strangers but fiesty once she is cumfortable around someone.

CAREER: Sometime thief, scout and archer.

POSSESSIONS/WEAPONS: Pair of steel daggers, light leather armor, Longbow and arrows, sap, bag of sand and a lucky bracelet her elder sister gave her.

STRENGTHS: Fast runner over short distances, Agile, good shot with a bow, stealthy.

WEAKNESSES: Not very strong, only uses daggers if she can down someone in one go or as a last resort, easy to intimidate/influence.

HOBBIES: Reading, watching people, collecting spoons.

TALENTS: Hunting, Skinning, Archery, Pickpoketing, Sneaking and unlawful entry.

BIOGRAPHY: After losing their perants to a creature attack, Jade raised Ephrael as best she could but the younger sister became a little lost turning to taking things she couldn't have normally. Never being a confident girl Ephrael never joined a guild or a gang preferring to stick to things she could do herself. Jade taught her the way of the hunt to try and turn her back to a legal life, she partly succeeded and Ephrael began to bring in meat and skins to sell.

After finding her sister missing and receiving a note Ephrael headed to The Smoking Dragon. Upon arriving she was a little scared about meeting anyone and hung back when the others gathered around Gareeku and shared their parts of the puzzle. When the events of the morning occurred she hid after almost being hit by a huge incubus who flew over her. When the group left the tavern she followed almost being spotted by the large wolf several times.

Tapewolf

Continuity glitch:
The number of people Johan Cross has killed is somewhere between 9 and 12.  In his earlier rant at Arc, used 12 for his calculations ("one killing every 25 years on average") in this one he's used the lower figure.

I'm tempted to set it to 10, which would mean editing the original rant and this one ("two more and you'll have drawn level").  Would that be acceptable?  Any suggestions?

**EDIT**

Note: I'm assuming that Arc killed the two bandits outright, in which case they won't have bled very much.

Gabi

I guess you can change it to "two more", I don't see anything wrong with that.

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 07, 2006, 10:56:23 AM**EDIT**

Note: I'm assuming that Arc killed the two bandits outright, in which case they won't have bled very much.

He's not the sort to mess around. Headshots for quick takedowns.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sheridan on October 07, 2006, 12:02:25 PM
He's not the sort to mess around. Headshots for quick takedowns.
Yes, that was my guess.  Which means that Gabi is out of luck and Jakob is in luck since there will be comparatively little mess.

I'll take Gabi's suggestion and perform a retroactive correction (of Jakob's body count).  If anyone objects let me know and I'll set it back.

Gabi

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 07, 2006, 12:09:49 PM
Yes, that was my guess.  Which means that Gabi is out of luck and Jakob is in luck since there will be comparatively little mess.
Well, I did say "hoping beyond hope".

Tapewolf

It was very dark by the time they had buried the pair.  Jakob chose a suitably heavy stone and, sharpening his claws to razor points as most Creatures can, carved a brief epitaph in the rock with his hand.

ON HIS WIFE'S BIRTHDAY RALPH WAS CLEVER
A TOMBSTONE'S A GIFT THAT LASTS FOREVER
[/I]

..kind of kills the mood, doesn't it? :twisted

Tapewolf

Just tweaked the inscription slightly, 'May you learn' -> 'May others learn'

Paladin Sheppard

Gabi

O_O Gareeku called Jakob by his real name!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on October 11, 2006, 07:19:07 AM
O_O Gareeku called Jakob by his real name!
Crap, I missed that.  Looks like he'll have to come clean in front of Anzi and Blaze.  I think everyone else knows - the disguise is mostly for Arc's benefit anyway.

Paladin Sheppard

It makes it seem more real people make goofs, especialy when tring to call someone other than thier real names :P

RJ

And Blaze is so unfamiliar with everyone and secretly confused that he doesn't really notice/ hasn't yet noticed >.>

Gareeku

That was actually a mistake on my part, but it seems people have already reacted to it so i guess there's no point correcting it. >.>

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Xze-Xze on October 11, 2006, 03:52:11 PM
...i'm totally lost >>

In what regard?  If it's the Jakob thing, it goes like this:

1. Jakob had a bad patch about 400 years ago where he went mad, killed a handful of people and took control of a few cities mafia-style, ruling by fear.

2. During this period he called himself 'Johan Cross' and achieved such notoriety that his name is still feared in some circles.  Part of his power came from the fact that he shapeshifted all over the place so that no-one could tell if he was spying on them, so none dared speak against him.

3. About 100 years ago Jakob snapped out of it and tried to start a new life.  He still has guilt trips, and occasional skirmishes with Creatures who want him dead over some centuries-old grudge from during his evil reign.

4. Arc has decided to claim the bounty on Jakob's head, so Jakob has disguised himself as a raccoon demon, and is calling himself "Jay Farrow".  Under the right/wrong circumstances he is liable to revert to his normal, lupine incubus form - however since Gareeku has accidentally used his proper name, his cover might have been blown prematurely so I might not be able to do what I'd originally intended.  We'll have to see.

5. Hence, Jakob is currently hoping that (A) Ephrael will distract anyone who noticed the slip and (B) if anyone does remember it later they'll assume that it's some kind of nickname (even though 'Jakob' is pronounced 'Yakob' and not 'Jacob'.

If you were referring to something else, pray be more specific :P

Must sleep now.

Gabi

Quote from: Gareeku on October 11, 2006, 10:47:46 AM
That was actually a mistake on my part, but it seems people have already reacted to it so i guess there's no point correcting it. >.>
It's ok. If players can make mistakes, so can their characters.

Paladin Sheppard

You're all a big bunch o meanies picking on a girl like that!  xD Besides considering that the group is mostly creatures they would be frightening to most beings.

Gabi

At least Gabi looks like a being. What did you expect? It looked like an ambush... or at least a failed one. And that was just after Arc was attacked by thieves and killed them, which was right after Paladin left, which in turn was not long after Gareeku revealed he was dying. You can't blame the group for being edgy.

Hey, Gareeku, didn't Ephrael say that aloud?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on October 12, 2006, 08:53:12 PM
You're all a big bunch o meanies picking on a girl like that!  xD Besides considering that the group is mostly creatures they would be frightening to most beings.

No disrespect, Pal, but she's coming over as a singularly inept thief :twisted.
She seems to be dressed like she comes from a medieval society, which is fine but a 16-year-old medieval girl would be considered an adult and pretty streetwise.  A 21-year old medieval would not be blubbering on the floor :P

Jakob is reacting fairly mildly since she was lying prone on the floor.  If she'd landed on both feet he would probably have tried to stun her or something.

Paladin Sheppard

Sorry guys was sorta meant to be tongue-in-cheek...And was for why shes so terrified of the group well she did lose her parents to creatures.
And its not really medieval dress its more a modern day vest skirt and greaves...If I could draw I would show you.
Plus shes in shock with a broken ankle which she hasn't quite figured out yet.

Edit: I'm going to hold off posting till Gareeku edits his post or tells me to keep going...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on October 13, 2006, 11:52:15 AM
Sorry guys was sorta meant to be tongue-in-cheek...And was for why shes so terrified of the group well she did lose her parents to creatures.
And its not really medieval dress its more a modern day vest skirt and greaves...If I could draw I would show you.

Yeah, that works.

QuoteEdit: I'm going to hold off posting till Gareeku edits his post ot tells me to keep going...

Hey, it's not bad.  I was going to suggest a few tweaks to make it a bit more convincing but you seem to have it all worked out anyway.  Besides, Furrae is a mix of eras anyway, so all bets are off :P

**EDIT**
If she's broken her ankle, that's going to add a complication to the journey.

How far away from the pheonix temple are they?

Paladin Sheppard

Not if Gabi has enough charge/mana/spells... :3