Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas marcone

gar my character was assigned to the "case" by the police cheif

Arcalane

Quote from: valkyn on July 24, 2006, 01:32:16 PM
gar my character was assigned to the "case" by the police cheif

What he means is how the fuck do they know already, when he hasn't reported it to them?[/i] :rolleyes

Netami

Because everyone knows that police chiefs are the wisest people in the world. Munching on his powdered donut, the sage bestowed untold amounts of knowledge to the boy. Unfortunately, common sense was no where to be found.

Gareeku

Arcalane

Quote from: Netami on July 24, 2006, 03:37:38 PM
Because everyone knows that police chiefs are the wisest people in the world. Munching on his powdered donut, the sage bestowed untold amounts of knowledge to the boy. Unfortunately, common sense was no where to be found.

I prefer icing with sprinkles. No jam, plz. Just lots of icing. And sprinkles. :3

Netami

Quote from: Gareeku on July 24, 2006, 04:06:04 PM
Quote from: KarlOmega1 on July 24, 2006, 01:09:11 PM
it's not a big secret in that village, that's why...

What village?

I think you need to be upfront and limit some of the people trying to join. They're just not paying attention.

Gareeku

Quote from: Netami on July 24, 2006, 04:16:12 PM

What village?

I think you need to be upfront and limit some of the people trying to join. They're just not paying attention.

Unfortunately, its looking that way.

Netami

Don't be afraid to be realistic. These types of projects just can't handle that many people. I mean, you've got a LOT of folks wanting to join, some of whom aren't really abiding by your rules or respecting the general story.

It's your RP, there'll be plenty of chances later.

KarlOmega1

Hang on...looking up village...Sune'nok is the name...

Edited to prevent Gareeku from being ticked...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Gareeku

So you've used my creations without my permission, and considering your character's the mayor's son, you've made yourself head of it. Thanks.

KarlOmega1

Ok I'll change it....Im editing my posts...ok most of it is edited...I think.
I'm a Skype User.

Netami

Perhaps you two should get on AIM and sort this out on a personal level. I think that'll allow you to talk about character choices with a little more privacy. And speed.

e_voyager

Quote from: Gareeku on July 24, 2006, 04:21:02 PM
Quote from: Netami on July 24, 2006, 04:16:12 PM

What village?

Unfortunately, its looking that way.

i'm sorry that you rp is truning out to be such a headache but i understand how things can be. i can wait until later if you feel the rp is too crowed.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Arcalane

Ok Karl, I'm going to be upfront, blunt, and most of all, brutally honest[/i] - something an ex told me I was extremely good at being - those of you who can't take extremely strong criticism, please look away for the next few paragraphs. This should not be construed as flaming, trolling or anything like that - it's not meant to be. If it was flaming, I'd be outright and blatantly insulting your character concepts, which is far below my level. :3

~~

Kids in primary school could make better, more coherent, less cheesy stereotypical characters. That's not random and made up. They can. Seriously. For the love of all that's unholy, to use Abel's expression, you're apparently 21, and yet you are apparently creating characters that are incredibly simple and basic.

The worse thing is, you're making the exact same mistakes that many newbie roleplayers make. Whilst I admit most of them are worse, you're not far off. The primary pointer is the selected age. With age comes experience, and older characters will, naturally, be superior in many situations - perhaps not in physical statistics - but in the real world, older people have had more training. A 16 year old punk is not going to be an ungodly ninja vampire demon kitsune who can fight entire legions of elite soldiers without so much as breaking a sweat. At best, their life expectancy in a battle situation will be much smaller than someone who is actually trained to living in battlefield conditions - like my character.

And on that note, whilst I admit that my profile is not the most developed of them all, the armoury taking up about 20% of it and that it has no history (because I couldn't be bothered to write any), at least it has more structure and good in-depth information about the character itself - even if it's just a random spinoff of the original, who is actually a fairly adept 'cubi who will quite happily kick your arse three ways from Sunday in melee combat. Not that I mean to brag, but you get the idea.

I think that covers all the points I need to make for the time being.

My suggestions at this point;
1) Work with Gareeku - or anyone else, for that matter - to design a more believeable character who doesn't seem like a stereotypically "I'm-new-to-RPing" type.
or
2) As above, but quietly throw in the towel and take no further part in this RP for now-... wait until a later date, saving up the progress you make until another opportunity comes along.
or
3) Either of the above, but instead do it yourself and let it simmer, stirring and adding ideas as you go along. This is how I develop most potential profiles for characters nowadays. I slap down the basic concepts and evolve them from there. This requires common sense and some RPing skill as to the do's and don'ts, though, so I suggest you pick #1 or #2.

~~

Right, rant over. The subject of this thread may continue as normal.

Netami

This also isn't your typical RP. It's pretty much like making a story, so you need to be able to type and spell. I know you guys can do it, you just churn out these super fast posts without even thinking to spell out words fully or, god forbid, use the built in spell checker we have.

Gareeku

Karl and Valkyn, please would you re-submit a character profile. However, this time i want you both to create a much more in-depth profile, just like the others have done. I really want to see you guys make an effort in this, but if you don't, then i will have no choice but to ask you to leave the rp.

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.

lucas marcone

actually gar i think the rp may be a bit clogged i think ill just drop out so you can handle the load.
proably should have had a limit......any way good luck and sorry for the trouble.

Gareeku

I'm sorry to hear that you two, but its your decision.

KarlOmega1

Still... that doesn't mean I can't be a spectator and watch you guys play the RP, does it?
I'm a Skype User.

Paladin Sheppard

Karl that'll be fine anyone is free to watch and enjoy (or hate) the RP.

Arcalane

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on July 25, 2006, 12:56:32 PM
Still... that doesn't mean I can't be a spectator and watch you guys play the RP, does it?

There's nothing stopping you from reading the thread. :rolleyes

It's not like we could ban you from it. Now, what would be against the rules is joining up later and having instantaneous knowledge of what happened before you joined up, without being told about it.

Eibborn

Yeek. Sorry for not waiting for the 'go ahead,' Gareeku. I didn't see any approvals or disapprovals in the thread, so I just assumed that anyone was okay to enter. Would you like me to get rid of my post? Is my character acceptable?
/kicks the internet over

Supercheese

Now ye've got me nervous... am I ok? I tried to be creative...

I'm currently out of town and on very, very limited Internet acess. I expect to be back Saturday.

Ack, Using Internet Explorer is weeird...

Suwako

Note: You may not play with other players charaters. (only post actions from your own charater)

Supercheese

Not even in the slightest? I tried to be reasonable...

*is wondering if the above post was directed at him*

Suwako

Quote from: Supercheese on July 27, 2006, 03:58:46 PM
Not even in the slightest? I tried to be reasonable...

*is wondering if the above post was directed at him*

It was, You may only do this with the direct confirmation from the characters owner. (which I guessed you didn't have) This is mainly because every character has his own personality and own player to play it. If your text contains actions from multiable players it will keep them from responding to your message and also from adding a personal touch to the response. You never know how someone Else's character will react to something. However a weird action may probably be added by something like: many of the group looked at him.' but more control as writing a text or preforming an action is forbidden without the owners permission. (Yes, I know I'm repeating myself  :mowwink)

Gabi

Sorry I haven't been posting, I'm having a complicated week at work, which means I strain myself too hard at the office and then when I get home I'm too tired to think of what to post. :( I'll do my best to catch up, now and whenever that happens again.

I've given JP the heads up for the short line my character has in the post he intends to make (Which is "Are you sure?").
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Supercheese

Well, sorry. I guess I'm still in another mentaility of RP, since my main expierience is from co-writing this.

Perhaps more careful observation is in order.

Netami

You're going to have to agree on small liberties with characters if you want it to be more of a story form. Saying someone was pleased or having them pause and continue speaking isn't too bad IMO.