Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareeku

On one hand i agree with Aiyno, as other people won't have as good a knowledge of how a character will react to something as the character's creator. However, I also see Netami's point about taking small liberties. I think people should expect that SLIGHT control on their characters will be allowed, but just don't go too far with it, if you know what i mean.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Paladin Sheppard

Just a note for the group that is in Furrae Chronicles-the story, Paladin at some point (gareeku hasn't writen it yet) is revealed as a cubi but askes all of them to keep it a secret.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on July 27, 2006, 09:27:23 PM
Just a note for the group that is in Furrae Chronicles-the story, Paladin at some point (gareeku hasn't writen it yet) is revealed as a cubi but askes all of them to keep it a secret.

That would explain why he only told Gabi, and why he was whispering, then :)  Of course a sufficiently skilled 'cubi is probably to be able to suss that out anyway from his mental shield, since it will have a totally different character to it than the shielding effect used by Beings, which IIRC is done by throwing up distractions a'la Dr. Who - Invasion of Time.  What's for tea?  And a synthetic mental shield a'la Abel/Jyrras is likely to be different again.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gareeku

Who said Gareeku was slightly drunk?! ¬_¬

Suwako

Quote from: Gareeku on July 27, 2006, 06:51:24 PM
On one hand i agree with Aiyno, as other people won't have as good a knowledge of how a character will react to something as the character's creator. However, I also see Netami's point about taking small liberties. I think people should expect that SLIGHT control on their characters will be allowed, but just don't go too far with it, if you know what i mean.

Roger that, Gareeku.  :mowwink

Gabi

What Paladin said reminded me... I expect that those who were in the FC fic already know Gabi's race, as it's bound to show eventually in the story.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Hilary

I'm going to be on vacation until August 7th... I might be able to get to a computer, I might not. *grumbles* So I suppose Anzimani will just float in the background eating peaches for a while. ><

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

James StarRunner

Well, not much has happened really, they haven't left the bar yet. You should be able to catch up quickly.

I'm not going to take part in the RP right away, but I'm wondering if you know my character well enough or if I should still put up a bio for everyone else's sake.

Arcalane

Quote from: James StarRunner on July 29, 2006, 12:39:05 AM
Well, not much has happened really, they haven't left the bar yet. You should be able to catch up quickly.

I'm not going to take part in the RP right away, but I'm wondering if you know my character well enough or if I should still put up a bio for everyone else's sake.

It's always a good idea to put bios up, if only so there's something that people can check and get clarifications about.

Tapewolf

Consistency check:  Who is currently at the table with Gareeku?
Specifically, I'd like to know how many Creatures are in the party (not counting Pal and Blaze)

**EDIT**
Thanks, Gareeku.  So it's:

Jakob (incubus)
Xzelia (succubus)
Gareeku (err...)
Alex (demon)
Chris (being)
Gabi (being - kind of)
Anzimani (phoenix)

..plus the 'cubi Pal and Blaze.

Gareeku

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 30, 2006, 02:34:29 PM
Specifically, I'd like to know how many Creatures are in the party (not counting Pal and Blaze)

1. At the table with Gareeku are: Gabi, Jakob, Chris, Hilary's character (can't remember her name D:), Aiyno's character. Paladin and Blaze are sat nearby.

2. A lot of creatures are in the party. Shame really, i thought i would see more beings. Ah well, I might have to add some in later.

Netami

I don't know why people keep thinking there's going to be a lot of beings.  :V

Supercheese

Suwako

Who says? Averga lifespan here, half demon  :mowtongue

Nikki

let's see...

Cat-20 years
wolf-around 20 years
Velociraptor- unknown
Fox- i dunno
Dragon- A helluva long time XD

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Supercheese on July 30, 2006, 03:25:40 PM
Waah, I have the shortest lifespan.  :mowsad
..and that's why no-one wants to be a Being :)

Quote from: Aiyno Wolf on July 30, 2006, 03:30:23 PM
Who says? Averga lifespan here, half demon  :mowtongue

If you're a demon, that's about 1500 years.  I don't think you can be half-demon as such.  We'll probably find out why Gareeku is what he is later on in the FC story, but two hybrids-which-aren't-supposed to exist is pushing it, IMHO :(

Xze, given that all the DMFA characters are older than their feral counterparts, I'm not convinced your chart is much use in estimating lifespans.  Besides which, the furre's lifespan is primarily determined by their race, not species.
E.g. feral < being < were < angel/demon < 'cubi
(At 3000 years minimum and Powers as well, it's no wonder the 'cubi is so popular.)
There are exceptions to that pecking order, such as dragons and mythos, which vary, and there are magical methods of extending your lifespan.

Arcalane

You still have more left than Arc. :rolleyes

~~

Quote from: Gareeku on July 30, 2006, 02:42:34 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 30, 2006, 02:34:29 PM

1. At the table with Gareeku are: Gabi, Jakob, Chris, Hilary's character (can't remember her name D:), Aiyno's character. Paladin and Blaze are sat nearby.

2. A lot of creatures are in the party. Shame really, i thought i would see more beings. Ah well, I might have to add some in later.

And Arc's outside in the tree, biding his time, as am I. (And no, I still haven't decided who he's hunting yet.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sheridan on July 30, 2006, 04:32:33 PM

Given his occupation, one has to wonder how much of it he'll get.

Quote..And Arc's outside in the tree, biding his time, as am I.

He's doing a good job with the stealth, everyone's forgotten about him :twisted.  Anyway, he ain't gathered around the table, and I was really trying to figure out who would need to sleep - those who don't usually sleep in particular.  I'm not sure if Jakob's got a bed anymore, although he might have one anyway since they're good for reading on even if you don't sleep inside them anymore.
I didn't use that idea in the end, although I may slip it in once it becomes clearer whether the party is going to disperse or stay in town.

Quote(And no, I still haven't decided who he's hunting yet.)
I note that Jakob is still alive despite his excursion into the car park, although as you say, he might be biding his time.

A couple of questions about Arc:
* Where has he got his weaponry from, given that it appears to be of Earth origin?  It took me a while to finalise how Jakob did that - I cut the details of his financing system from the intro to keep it short - and even so it's only possible because he's a 'cubi and could morph into a passable human.

* Unless his orders are to bring someone in alive (and is thus armed with tranq rounds) I don't see how he can avoid killing his target, which is good for him, but not so good for the character owner concerned.  Having said that, a 'cubi would be able to detect his mind in the tree (but not his thoughts) and probably the changes in emotional state as he prepares to fire.  But they still probably wouldn't be able to dodge in time.

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 30, 2006, 04:50:38 PM
Quote from: Sheridan on July 30, 2006, 04:32:33 PM

Given his occupation, one has to wonder how much of it he'll get.

Yes, quite.

Quote..And Arc's outside in the tree, biding his time, as am I.

He's doing a good job with the stealth, everyone's forgotten about him :twisted.  Anyway, he ain't gathered around the table, and I was really trying to figure out who would need to sleep - those who don't usually sleep in particular.  I'm not sure if Jakob's got a bed anymore, although he might have one anyway since they're good for reading on even if you don't sleep inside them anymore.
I didn't use that idea in the end, although I may slip it in once it becomes clearer whether the party is going to disperse or stay in town.

Which means the stealth is working perfectly.

Quote(And no, I still haven't decided who he's hunting yet.)
I note that Jakob is still alive despite his excursion into the car park, although as you say, he might be biding his time.

A couple of questions about Arc:
* Where has he got his weaponry from, given that it appears to be of Earth origin?  It took me a while to finalise how Jakob did that - I cut the details of his financing system from the intro to keep it short - and even so it's only possible because he's a 'cubi and could morph into a passable human.

* Unless his orders are to bring someone in alive (and is thus armed with tranq rounds) I don't see how he can avoid killing his target, which is good for him, but not so good for the character owner concerned.  Having said that, a 'cubi would be able to detect his mind in the tree (but not his thoughts) and probably the changes in emotional state as he prepares to fire.  But they still probably wouldn't be able to dodge in time.

I haven't been monitoring the thread that closely, hence why you're intact... for now. >:3

1) Who knows? I couldn't be arsed to be creative when it came to the weaponry.

2) I had considered this. OOCly, I intend to kill none of the player characters... NPCs, on the other hand, are fair game. First shot will be a warning, second will either be a minor wounding or a miss, neither an intentional kill. I am not that low, nor a "griefer" (not in it to intentionally ruin the game for anyone). That doesn't mean I can't theorise about possible victims that he MIGHT be going after. (>:3)

They would probably be able to notice him, yes, but probably not on an instant LoS basis. He's high up and has the advantage, whereas you lot are on the ground.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sheridan on July 30, 2006, 05:13:24 PM
2) I had considered this. OOCly, I intend to kill none of the player characters... NPCs, on the other hand, are fair game. First shot will be a warning, second will either be a minor wounding or a miss, neither an intentional kill. I am not that low, nor a "griefer" (not in it to intentionally ruin the game for anyone). That doesn't mean I can't theorise about possible victims that he MIGHT be going after. (>:3)

They would probably be able to notice him, yes, but probably not on an instant LoS basis. He's high up and has the advantage, whereas you lot are on the ground.

I believe I've figured out how Jakob would protect himself.  You know, although I'd consciously forgotten about Arc, he's probably the reason Jakob has been gradually becoming more paranoid :)

And no, I wasn't seriously convinced you'd be depraved enough to actually kill off someone else's character without permission, but.. I guess I'm still thinking like Jakob is (Are we safe from the kidnapper?  What can we do to protect ourselves?  Why is Pal hiding?  Is he in league with the kidnapper?)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on July 30, 2006, 07:30:39 PM
Looking at Jakob upon hearing his words, Gareeku frowned. "You seem to be forgetting that cubi can't sleep, even if they tried. Try not to be so paranoid." the wolf said flatly to his old friend, before ordering another ale.

Um, sorry Gareeku, that's not correct.
As I understood it (must find reference) 'cubi can sleep.  But they don't need to in order to stay alert / not drop dead.
To begin with, most 'cubi continue to sleep in order to dream, but this ability fades over about 300 years.  After that, there isn't much point in sleeping, it's just a waste of time. But they still can if they want to.

Aha:  http://nice.purrsia.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=79;t=002121;p=1#000009

Of course, Gareeku isn't old enough to have experienced that personally.  Do you want to edit it, or are we going to have a discussion of 'cubi sleeping in-game? :)

Gareeku

Suwako

Quote from: Xze-Xze on July 30, 2006, 03:39:16 PM
let's see...

Cat-20 years
wolf-around 20 years
Velociraptor- unknown
Fox- i dunno
Dragon- A helluva long time XD

34 years, the old*
He's getting to old, to stubborn  and to bitter for this job

Tapewolf

Bit of a long one that, and I've given Arc a small push too.  If there's a problem with it (Lyrics, taken the story to morning from Jakob's PoV, touching faintly on Arc etc) let me know and I'll rework it.

On the other hand, if anything interesting happens that evening, Jakob is going to miss it :)

Nikki

Tapewolf

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 01, 2006, 01:48:25 PM
'A' i'm lost!! 'A'

I like my subtlety.  It's really fairly simple:

* Jakob goes out into the car park, ostensibly to get some fresh air, but more likely because he feels overwhelmed by the number of Creatures in the establishment.

* While outside, Jakob spots Paladin's motorcycle and hurries back indoors.  Around this point, he either scents or senses mentally via his 'cubi mindreading powers (or both), Arc, the feline sniper who is covering the tavern in a tree outside.  Jakob, being preoccupied with Paladin fails to notice that there's a sentient mind hiding in the tree (yes, this is my attempt at retroactive continuity) which would normally have made him extremely suspicious.
In other words, he's realised that something is amiss, but not on a conscious level.  In addition he's most likely scented the gunpowder in Arc's rounds, but again not consciously (what is that smell?  I know I recognise it..).

* In an attempt to rest himself for the coming ordeals, and maybe have a dream if fate is kind to him, Jakob goes back to his flat in the SAIA complex, and chills out to Child in time by Deep Purple, which appears to be a song about someone being/almost being shot, probably in Vietnam.  Whether this choice is a subconscious realisation that there's a sniper is open to debate.

* When Jakob wakes up, his mind has sifted through the available data and subconsciously he's deduced that catman + tree + rounds = sniper.  But he doesn't understand what his subconscious is telling him, because that would be too easy.

(Earlier, Jakob tried to provoke Paladin into revealing himself, by telling Gabi that Pal is around, knowing that Pal would be able to read her mind.  Unfortunately this ploy failed.)

Nikki

Gabi

Waah, I have the shortest lifespan. :mowsad
You and me both. My character's not a being, but her lifespan is pretty much the same. Still, I think how you life your life counts more than how long it is. That, and in their line of work very few get to die of old age.

Oh, one question about cubi: does thought reading count as magic?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly