Hello

Started by ShadowStep, December 07, 2008, 11:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowStep

Yeah... I joined this like over a year ago and then never came back. I dunno why. I think I was busy and just forgot about it. I came back recently though and looked around... It seems even more active and I'd like to get back into it. Dunno if that's okay since I was gone for so long. I half expected my account to be gone.

Can't remember how I found it though.... Was it off Better Days or DMFA...

*Looks around*
Oh... Wait. You guys aren't even Furry. Nevermind.

*Starts to walk off not seeing any Furs' in the Vicinity.*

Faerie Alex

No furries? What am I, then? :<

But hey, I left for a while, then came back too. No one seemed to be complaining. If you're here now, welcome back. :3
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Damaris

We are not a furry community, but there are quite a few furries that do post here.  DMFA is one of several comics that counts Clockwork Mansion Forums as its home.

However, if you are interested in only talking with furries, this is probably not the place for you as roleplaying is not permitted outside of the roleplaying forum.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

*coughfurrydouchebagcough*
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Corgatha Taldorthar

If you do decide to stay, just keep in mind a few of our rules.

1. Read the rules, it saves a lot of time, and I'm not doing a whole lot of research here, so I might miss something.

2. Don't get on the bad side of the mods, they bite.

3. "Welcome To The Forum, And Have A Nice Day!"!

4.  We're generally a pretty laid back community. Drilling people with highly detailed interrogations is likely to only get them annoyed. Trust me on this one.

5. Pink Floyd is the greatest rock band ever, and Planescape: Torment holds that  equivalent position for CRPGS.

6. Someone is likely to repeat these warnings anyway. I'm not sure why.

But please, feel welcome. I think I speak for most of us when I say we do like new people, especially the fresh perspective they bring.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Eibborn

*Watches him walk away*

*Shrugs*

:P
/kicks the internet over

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 08, 2008, 12:09:51 AM
2. Don't get on the bad side of the mods, they bite.

Nomnomnomnomnomnom.

Oh, and watch out for anyone who warns you to watch out for folks, because there are sneaky types around here, and they're probably up to something.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShadowStep

No lol, I'm not really a Furry I just like to roleplay as them. But thanks though.

And whoever called me a Douche Bag... That was unnecessary.  :erk

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShadowStep on December 08, 2008, 08:14:23 AM
Darkmoon's probably jealous because most people come here for DMFA, while the forum was originally dedicated to his comic...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 08, 2008, 08:25:17 AM
Darkmoon's probably jealous because most people come here for DMFA, while the forum was originally dedicated to his comic...

... which is CVRPG. See the Lusty Siren Tavern.

Don't take him personally, he's like that to everyone. Including the other moderators...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShadesFox

So wait... are we being nice to this one or not?  I'm so confused here and I need to make signs :<
The All Purpose Fox

Lysander

Well hello there. I probably didn't see you last time anyway. That typed, this one welcomes the to this interesting place, for the first and second time...   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Darkmoon

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 08, 2008, 08:25:17 AM

Naw, I was just pointing out the obvious fact that he came across like a douchebag.

Probably because he is one.

Mao

Well, I don't see how he's coming off as a douchebag, but either way...

Welcome back/aboard.  We're all liars and thieves here.  Most with an agenda.  Some are worse than others though.  Particularly llearch.  He's always just lurkin' around.  I think he's out to get ya'.  Watch for it.  First he'll be all friendly and helpful and then *WHAMPOW* he's got ya'.  Then there's Darkmoon, but he's not sneaky about it.

Eibborn

I have to agree that the douchebag thing was unnecessarily rude. FOR SHAME, MR. DARKMOON. >:|

But yeah, roleplaying is for the Haunted Ballroom only. The rest of the time, we're all dorky humans typing at each other.

Edit: Typos must die.
/kicks the internet over

Darkmoon

And if I cared, I'd be so sad right now.

bill

Darkmoon

bill, perhaps it's time we had a talk about the forum...

Azlan

I was wondering why I only stick to small, isolated portions of the forum, now I remember why.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Colgatecrusader

is it too late to say welcome. oh well...

see you in the arena
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Psychogirl

Heh, you and me both. Just got back from a long sleep. *yawns* Boy what a year...

Colgatecrusader

i think he left... :U
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Darkmoon

Colgatecrusader

Damaris

Darkmoon doesn't really like those who see no value in who people are, rather than who they expect people to be.

For example, if you're coming here only for the furries, then he doesn't believe this is the place for you.  Because the furry aspect of the board is just one facet of a vibrant, intelligent, kind community.  He (and I) were deeply annoyed at the original poster for that reason.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Colgatecrusader

oh, i didn't really read the original post... that mite have helped slightly... yahhh...
*runs away*

Darkmoon

Quote from: Damaris on December 20, 2008, 05:36:06 PM
Darkmoon doesn't really like those who see no value in who people are, rather than who they expect people to be.

For example, if you're coming here only for the furries, then he doesn't believe this is the place for you.  Because the furry aspect of the board is just one facet of a vibrant, intelligent, kind community.  He (and I) were deeply annoyed at the original poster for that reason.

Indeed. That was why I called him a douchebag. He acted as if this place wasn't worth his time simply because the posters on here (most or some) aren't always furry 24/7. That annoyed me a great deal.

Plus, it violates Rule 1 and Rule 12 (as well as, of course, Rule 6).

Colgatecrusader

he probably deserved it, but doesn't the use of colorful insults constitute breaking one of the rules as well?

Darkmoon

Actually, no. It wasn't trolling (as per Rule 2B), since I wasn't following him around the forums. It's not "being a jerk" as per Rule 1, since the rule says being a jerk to everyone, and I was just being a jerk to him.

In fact, Rule 1C says that introductory threads a more of a grey area. And, as per Rule 3, I did amuse myself, so my "flame" of him would be tolerated.

He would have been within his rights (as per Rule 11) to complain about him. He did not.

Faerie Alex

Wouldn't the thread also be in violation of rule 5A as well? And in asking, does this post violate rule 10? :B
Jeez I need to update this thing.