Fi's profile

Started by Lego3400, November 01, 2008, 09:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

Quote from: Turnsky on November 03, 2008, 10:25:53 AM
Quote from: Lego3400 on November 01, 2008, 09:58:02 PM
K. That makes me wonder how one founds a clan now...

Vicariously, through Pyroduck.  >:3
I'm not sure anyone but Fa'Lina could do this.  Unless, you know, Pyroduck was also adopted by another clan in which only the founder remains, and didn't care he was a dragon...

Lego3400

I'm surpised Falina hasn't offically adopted abel into her clan. She's the closest thing to family he has at this point. Since adoptions due work to induct new members into the clan.

Lucheek

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 03, 2008, 12:44:07 PM
I'm surpised Falina hasn't offically adopted abel into her clan. She's the closest thing to family he has at this point. Since adoptions due work to induct new members into the clan.

Is it possible to adopt cubi into a clan after the original clan founding? I always got the idea that- after a super-powerful Clan Founder used their energy to start the clan- there was no hope of clan-changing energy.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Lucheek on November 04, 2008, 05:31:47 PM
Quote from: Lego3400 on November 03, 2008, 12:44:07 PM

Is it possible to adopt cubi into a clan after the original clan founding? I always got the idea that- after a super-powerful Clan Founder used their energy to start the clan- there was no hope of clan-changing energy.

As much as I love the idea, I'm pretty sure that's a negative. I mean, really, how many cubi do you think would like to adopt Abel? Or how many would love to be in Fa'Lina's clan?

Lego3400

Actully they can.
QuoteClans can be switched over through a particular marraige process or being adopted, but the ties behind it to the individual being adopted are often weaker. However any children born under that clan title would get full benefit. Meaning if Cubi A who is from a weak clan marries Cubi B who is from a living-founder clan. Cubi A gets more power though not as much as if they were a natural. However children from Cubi A and B will be passed onto full benefits.

!KCA

I figured out that Fa'Lina was a founder without any "restricted information." In fact, it seemed pretty bleeding obvious to me.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 04, 2008, 07:00:56 PM
Actully they can.
QuoteClans can be switched over through a particular marraige process or being adopted, but the ties behind it to the individual being adopted are often weaker. However any children born under that clan title would get full benefit. Meaning if Cubi A who is from a weak clan marries Cubi B who is from a living-founder clan. Cubi A gets more power though not as much as if they were a natural. However children from Cubi A and B will be passed onto full benefits.

o.o! Where DID you find that?

Lego3400

second link Tapewolf posted on the first page of posts.

Starcat5

A lot of us have been running on the assumption that Fa'Lina was a clan founder long before the restricted page was posted. Of course, that was before we found out that Tri-Wings and Founders were the exact same thing. (Personally, I didn't find THAT out until Amber said so in this very thread. I knew that some Founders were Tri-Wings, but presumed that not all Tri-Wings were Founders, and vise versa. I know better now.) Now, since Fa'Lina lacks a third set of wings, that leaves us with, ironically enough, three options for why that is.

One, and least likely, is that Fa'Lina is NOT a Founder. Given her age, power, and Tenta-head, while this is possible, it is not very plausible. She would need to be at least as powerful as a Founder to control SAIA to the extent that she does, be vain enough to give herself Tenta-heads every time she breaks out the tentacles, and have found a way to extend her lifespan. It is implied that SAIA has been around for a very long time even by cubi standards, and she CREATED the SAIA. Finally, there is the issue of whether she can have kids. She seems kind of hung up on the thought of being a grandma via her adopted son Pyroduck, to say nothing of filling the void of her maternal instincts by founding SAIA in the first place.

Two, she's hiding her hip wings.  :shapeshifters

Three, she lost them when her clan got  :/life . That is to say, they were physically lost in battle. ...mmm, sexy hip scars...  :dribble

The reason I spelled all that out up there was so I could ask our beloved author a few questions without getting hit by the Ban Hammer for referencing "Restricted Information". Here we go. *Crosses Fingers*

Given that being adopted into a more powerful clan overrides one's pre-existing clan bloodline, and the same holds true for marriage ties, what happens when someone from clan A is adopted into clan B, and has kids with someone in clan C? For example, assuming that 1) Fa'Lina is a Founder, and 2) Abel was metaphysically adopted (I doubt we need to sweat stuff like actual legal adoption for this to work) by her, would any children he may or may not end up siring  (ok, that is a real word, but was it the word I was TRYING to spell?) wind up being Fa'Lina's clan? Or, taken another way, if one of Fa'Lina's eventual legal grandchildren (Pyroduck and Alexsi spawn FTW!) were to marry a Cubi, would the eventual Cubi-sided great grandchildren be of Fa'Lina's clan?

My last question (For now) is this: Can whatever it is that makes Founders unable to have children be sidestepped via external gestation? Or in layman's terms, can science (IE: Jyrras) create a test tube baby using a Founder's and a regular cubi's DNA? *Frowns* Come to that, such a setup, should it be viable in the DMFA-verse, would make Jyrras very popular with many same-sex couples who want kids. L-sama knows, that kind of backing should be enough to keep the Creature Council from acting rashly when they find out about his two "Teenage Pregnancy" daughters. ...but that is plot bate for another day.

At any rate, I believe I have covered my bases as best as I can. However, if it turns out that I have overstepped the haze of speculation and stepped firmly into the relm of "Top Secret" Information, let me know and I shall do my best to vague up whatever needs work on.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Tapewolf

Quote from: starcat5 on November 05, 2008, 02:28:19 PM
assuming that ... 2) Abel was metaphysically adopted by her, would any children he may or may not end up siring  (ok, that is a real word, but was it the word I was TRYING to spell?) wind up being Fa'Lina's clan?

Abel's clan mark is now what it was during his youth.  Whatever Fa'Lina may or may not have done in terms of adoption (and IIRC it says 'virtually adopted'), it hasn't affected his clanmark.  If he were to sire a child with a Being (yes, 'siring' is the word you meant) I'd bet the child would have his clanmark, not Fa'Lina's.
If he had a child to a succubus, she'd have to be of an even less powerful clan, otherwise the child would have her (the hypothetical succubus') clanmark anyway.

QuoteMy last question (For now) is this: Can whatever it is that makes Founders unable to have children be sidestepped via external gestation?
I don't know about that, we don't know if it only affects female or male Founders, though my guess is it breaks both.  For that matter, we don't know if you can have a male Founder.  I assume you can, (and I  hope so, else it breaks a few of my stories).

I believe that the whole 'Cubification business (drafting ex-Beings etc in as new 'Cubi) comes into play as a means of extending the clan when children are, um, inconceivable.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Starcat5

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 05, 2008, 02:37:31 PM
assuming that ... 2) Abel was metaphysically adopted by her, would any children he may or may not end up siring  (ok, that is a real word, but was it the word I was TRYING to spell?) wind up being Fa'Lina's clan?

Abel's clan mark is now what it was during his youth.  Whatever Fa'Lina may or may not have done in terms of adoption (and IIRC it says 'virtually adopted'), it hasn't affected his clanmark.  If he were to sire a child with a Being (yes, 'siring' is the word you meant) I'd bet the child would have his clanmark, not Fa'Lina's.
If he had a child to a succubus, she'd have to be of an even less powerful clan, otherwise the child would have her (the hypothetical succubus') clanmark anyway.

QuoteMy last question (For now) is this: Can whatever it is that makes Founders unable to have children be sidestepped via external gestation?
I don't know about that, we don't know if it only affects female or male Founders, though my guess is it breaks both.  For that matter, we don't know if you can have a male Founder.  I assume you can, (and I  hope so, else it breaks a few of my stories).

I believe that the whole 'Cubification business (drafting ex-Beings etc in as new 'Cubi) comes into play as a means of extending the clan when children are, um, inconceivable.

...you seem to be answering questions I never asked. That, or I didn't make myself clear.

Part the first: I was under the impression that cubi who married into a clan keep their old mark. It is simply the offspring who gets the new one. I could be wrong about this, though.

Part the second: While relevant to my question, your second comment is more of a side issue, really. Even if Founders are in the same boat as the Undead, the process of making a clone test tube baby using a non-standard DNA source (say, a blood sample or the like) would not be effected.

Part the third:  :wtf Since when was that cannon? I just thought the "Made Cubi" thing was something everyone was saying Ink could do as sort of a lark. If Amber has indeed stated this as fact, would you mind supplying a link to said post?

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Tapewolf

Quote from: starcat5 on November 05, 2008, 03:09:48 PM
...you seem to be answering questions I never asked. That, or I didn't make myself clear.
Both, plus there was an enormous amount of text and I was in a hurry  :P

QuotePart the third:  wtf Since when was that cannon? I just thought the "Made Cubi" thing was something everyone was saying Ink could do as sort of a lark. If Amber has indeed stated this as fact, would you mind supplying a link to said post?

http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum1871.htm#ref326

Starcat5

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 05, 2008, 03:33:38 PM

QuotePart the third:  wtf Since when was that cannon? I just thought the "Made Cubi" thing was something everyone was saying Ink could do as sort of a lark. If Amber has indeed stated this as fact, would you mind supplying a link to said post?

Part the first: Sorry about the wall of text. I tend to over explain myself. Ask me for black or white and I'll give you shades of gray. Teachers hated my attempts to write essays for yes or no questions. I blame Asperger's Syndrome.  :mowwink

Part the second: Thanks. I had forgotten that one.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 05, 2008, 03:33:38 PM

So much knowledge........And I didn't even know what questions to ask, let alone the answers. Sometimes it's almost depressing how much I have been missing.............  To make a world so complete, and still insist it's a comedy. *chuckles*
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Damaris

please note that there is no chance of Amber weighing in, as she is on forum hiatus.  I didn't want you hoping to hear from her, and being disappointed.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

AndersW

Of course, that was before we found out that Tri-Wings and Founders were the exact same thing. (Personally, I didn't find THAT out until Amber said so in this very thread. I knew that some Founders were Tri-Wings, but presumed that not all Tri-Wings were Founders, and vise versa. I know better now.)

As far as I know a cubi can be Tri-Wing without being a Founder.  Where are you getting this information that says otherwise?

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Damaris on November 05, 2008, 06:26:48 PM
please note that there is no chance of Amber weighing in, as she is on forum hiatus.  I didn't want you hoping to hear from her, and being disappointed.

Oh no, I fully realize that.

Plus the two times I did ask questions I almost had Fluffy sicced on me. *cowers at that recollection* I was more simply musing about how, despite all of the creator's protestations that this is simply a joke world, created to make funny stories about talking animals, it's remarkably complete, with actual sociologies. It's really, really impressive. That being said, it itches me somewhere I can't quite scratch to be ignorant. I fully understand that Amber has no compunction (or even a pressing reason. Light, I, and I'm sure others keep reading because there are unanswered questions) to inform me. I was just lamenting my ignorance.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

AmigaDragon

Amber may be on forum hiatus, but keep an eye out for Fluffy :mowhappy

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Classical - Minnesota Public Radio (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ghostwish

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 05, 2008, 07:39:32 PM
Amber may be on forum hiatus, but keep an eye out for Fluffy :mowhappy

*a blood curtling scream echos from around down the hall*

Starcat5

...ah, [Censored]! *Begins smacking his head against a wall*

Turnsky

obviously she hasn't the mana right now to cast "Circle of Protection: Stupid" right now, no?  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

GundamDragon

Ok this is way of topic but why are there fox anthros dressed as Imperial Guard Commissars and a Gray knight Inquisitor? I just got to know if i missed som anthro 40K rp or comic some where?

PS PLZ don't smite me

Tapewolf

Quote from: GundamDragon on November 06, 2008, 02:57:10 AM
Ok this is way of topic but why are there fox anthros dressed as Imperial Guard Commissars and a Gray knight Inquisitor? I just got to know if i missed som anthro 40K rp or comic some where?

It's just a meme.  Blame Ren for it  :3
FYI, mine is a wolf, Keaton's a jackal and Ren's own avatar is a generic feline.

Eagle0600

Yeah, it's Ren's fault.

Here, here, here, and here.

GundamDragon

OK thanks that had me a bit confused i play 40K SpaceMariens and Guard so i had to ask.

Sunblink

PS PLZ don't smite me

You raaaaaaaaaaaang? :3

GundamDragon

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 06, 2008, 08:00:42 AM

PS PLZ don't smite me

Um........... how many ppl have 40K looking anthros and can the guy that maded them do Zeon uniforms?

Mao

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 06, 2008, 08:00:42 AM

PS PLZ don't smite me

*makes a Lurch like grumbling sound*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Eagle0600

What was the original topic?