10/06/08 [DMFA #941] - You know, we should have predicted this...

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, October 05, 2008, 07:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silentassassin

I think cookies will be involved in the resurection process. I mean what else has the mystical powers strong enough to make someone rise from the dead.

Kipiru

Quote from: silentassassin on October 06, 2008, 02:51:19 PM
I think cookies will be involved in the resurection process. I mean what else has the mystical powers strong enough to make someone rise from the dead.

The Muffin Of Doom, what else  :doommuffin

Aleolus

O.o  This will not turn out well, I just know it.  <.<  Dark Pegasus as Lorenda's uncle, Dan comes in to kill DP...yeah, this will be bad >.>

AmigaDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 06, 2008, 05:22:56 AM
Last Dark Peg heard, Dan wasn't an Incubus; just an Adventurer.
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 06, 2008, 05:52:32 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 06, 2008, 05:27:20 AM
And winged son of the succubus Destania.

... it's not clear from that single quote that DP is aware that Dan == The Guy Wot Keeps Killing Me == Destania's Son.

_We_ know, but we don't know that DP knows.

The last we saw of DP regarding Dan was #388 which only indicates that Destania had a son, not who that son is. And there's no indication of when he got that news, whether shortly after the birth or shortly after Aary found out (but wasn't DP already dead again by that time?) the mother-son relationship.

Quote from: Aleolus on October 06, 2008, 06:23:12 PM
O.o  This will not turn out well, I just know it.  <.<  Dark Pegasus as Lorenda's uncle, Dan comes in to kill DP...yeah, this will be bad >.>
With the timing right, Dan doesn't have to kill DP again, just prevent the ritual from working.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Corgatha Taldorthar

Besides, what's the worst that could happen? If things get ugly, I imagine that Fi could teleport Dan to safety before Kria would rip his head off.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Dagardo

Corgatha Taldorthar

Would Fi wait for permission if he saw Dan getting clobbered? Remember, Abel has him under standing orders to keep Dan out of too much trouble.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

WhiteFire

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 06, 2008, 07:17:19 PM
Would Fi wait for permission if he saw Dan getting clobbered? Remember, Abel has him under standing orders to keep Dan out of too much trouble.

I believe his orders were to get Able if Dan got into too much trouble, which could further complicate this mess. :)

King Of Hearts

Tafreer

Personally, I'm putting my money on Destania having concocted this plan to get the demon race serioiusly pissed off at Biggs.  It just make sense to me in some way or another.

It is also possible that Destania is testing Dan to see how capable he is, and (possibly) to see if he is willing to hurt friends to follow out commands.

Lucheek

Somehow- I don't think Kria's going to be pissed at Dan.

He has show than he has power and strength-- two things most dear to Demons. Kria seems to be the full-fledged Demon, so I think she's going to be more pissed at DP for failing over and over and over.

I mean- seriously. Dan has killed DP twice (Spork incedent and the one in the archeives.) I think Kria will get that Dan > Dark Pegaus. Will she be angry that Dan is just a hack-and-slash adventure, in the style of Aary? I doubt it. "Those who have power have the right to use it over those who don't!" Screw it if it's unjust, unnessecary, or cruel- witch Dan's killing isn't. Dan has the power.

Personally, I think Kria will approve of Lorenda's friendship. She made friends with a powerful creature.

The biggest quesstion is- Why is she reserecting Aliph?! Does he hold some kind of knowledge or what? Or does she just miss him? My bet would be- she likes beating up the goons that he seems to attract. Also- Kria can resserect him with pure life- not undeadiness? Is Kria the true master of undead, reserection, and magic of death- not Dark Pegasus?

Rambon

Quote from: Lucheek on October 06, 2008, 08:55:53 PM
Somehow- I don't think Kria's going to be pissed at Dan.

He has show than he has power and strength-- two things most dear to Demons. Kria seems to be the full-fledged Demon, so I think she's going to be more pissed at DP for failing over and over and over.

I mean- seriously. Dan has killed DP twice (Spork incedent and the one in the archeives.) I think Kria will get that Dan > Dark Pegaus. Will she be angry that Dan is just a hack-and-slash adventure, in the style of Aary? I doubt it. "Those who have power have the right to use it over those who don't!" Screw it if it's unjust, unnessecary, or cruel- witch Dan's killing isn't. Dan has the power.

Personally, I think Kria will approve of Lorenda's friendship. She made friends with a powerful creature.

The biggest quesstion is- Why is she reserecting Aliph?! Does he hold some kind of knowledge or what? Or does she just miss him? My bet would be- she likes beating up the goons that he seems to attract. Also- Kria can resserect him with pure life- not undeadiness? Is Kria the true master of undead, reserection, and magic of death- not Dark Pegasus?

Thank you, My head is now spinning

Jairus

They need four for bridge.

I still think that we're either going to get a failure of resurrection (because of Dan's ritual thingy) or an explanation for DP's Aliph's motives, but in both cases AWKWARD will ensue.

For some reason, I can't get the image of Jyrras needing to use some of his weapons in the near future out of my head...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

AmigaDragon

I wonder if Abel and Kria have maintained a friendly relationship over the centuries. Last we saw of them, she was giving him her amulet to hide his wings and get home safely (oops, Aniz happened :mowmeep ).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 06, 2008, 10:24:44 PM
I wonder if Abel and Kria have maintained a friendly relationship over the centuries. Last we saw of them, she was giving him her amulet to hide his wings and get home safely (oops, Aniz happened :mowmeep ).
Crud... Kria has no idea that Abel's in Lost Lake, does she? Ho boy, this could be interesting.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

DarkAudit

Simplest explanation is probably the most likely. He's family.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: DarkAudit on October 06, 2008, 11:45:14 PM

"Dammit, I wanted to kill him, this time!" ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ghostwish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 07, 2008, 03:15:23 AM
Quote from: DarkAudit on October 06, 2008, 11:45:14 PM

"Dammit, I wanted to kill him, this time!" ?

The question is, which family member does DP owe money to? :P

Sunblink

All I can say is that I bet Dan's feeling pretty embarrassed that he went off on this tangent. XD

And the plot twist was great. I'm really enjoying this arc and seeing Dark Pegasus's character being expanded. Usually one of my complaints with adding a backstory to a formerly enigmatic character removes the mystery and charisma behind its persona (like what happened with the Hannibal series for some critics), but here I think this appropriately delves into Dark Pegasus as a character. Before this, we didn't know enough about him to be interested and his role was minor at best, but now he's become a really intriguing villain.

Even though this is old hat by now, I'm starting to think that it's now fairly plausible that Dark Pegasus was Kria's tutor in Abel's Story. Yes, I finally admit it. I didn't think it was possible before (hell, I even condemned the theory), but he could have been educating his lil' sister.