[Art] my DMFA fan-art (of Abel)

Started by Axa, September 24, 2008, 02:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axa

My first DMFA fan-art (ever) and it's about Abel. I will post some more when I make more ;)
Signed as Axa but you can find me at devianart by the name of Oxyopes. Though there really isn't anything else at the moment... Hating the legs of the second image but  before I fixed them they were even more horrible. And in the second image I had some trouble because I forgot to add ears and those little head wings and some other little things. It wouldn't have been so much of a problem but every time that I remembered that I had forgotten something I had already scanned the image XP.

Tapewolf

Good likeness.  The ears aren't quite in the right place in the second pic (too high up) but it's pretty good.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Axa

I know but I got frustrated at that picture because originally I forgot to add those ears. It was an after though just like the head wings.  :B I'll see if I can find the original so I can try to change them (I cleaned my apartment so naturally I can't find anything.)

Ren Gaulen

Nice pictures, and nice pose in the second one - really Abel-like. :3 Tape has already mentioned the ears, so I won't do it too. :P

Brunhidden

most new artists dont do feet well, congrats on getting past what most people consider to be a big hurdle. also, nice legs
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Kipiru

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 24, 2008, 03:08:24 PM
nice pose in the second one - really Abel-like.

Agreed, both poses and expressions on both pictures are so Abel. But I wouldn't say the legs are your biggest problem(they're actually pretty good in the second one), i would focus on the hands, especially on the first image. The fingers are drawn like petals(the way children usually do them), try elongating and distinguishing them( it usually helps to draw your own hand a couple of times). Other than that- pretty impressive for a first time fanart.

P.S: Shameless add: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,4967.0.html