Skins War

Started by Darkmoon, September 11, 2008, 09:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Dagardo on September 27, 2008, 06:31:11 PM
Quote from: Jairus on September 27, 2008, 06:27:54 PM
Perhaps if Good was better funded, Good would be able to afford a proper education and would no longer be dumb.

If good was better funded and could afford a better education then they would win, and if good won there would be no way to have any fun because we all know evil is more fun. >:3

"The wages of sin is death, but so is the salary of virtue, and at least the Evil get to go home early on Fridays." - Nanny Ogg, Terry Pratchet's Witches Abroad.

Quote from: Joe3210 on September 27, 2008, 06:32:22 PM
Not to break conversation, but did Dan move once during this episode?
... no clue.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Damaris

also, am I the only one that keeps misreading "good" as "god?"

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Jairus

Quote from: Damaris on September 27, 2008, 06:35:36 PM
Probably, but "God is dumb" is pretty funny. That sounds like something Nietzsche's brother would say.

Dagardo

No actually he hasn't move once, he has talked (albeit very little) but not moved.

Quote from: Jairus on September 27, 2008, 06:34:31 PM
Perhaps if Good was better funded, Good would be able to afford a proper education and would no longer be dumb.

If good was better funded and could afford a better education then they would win, and if good won there would be no way to have any fun because we all know evil is more fun. >:3

"The wages of sin is death, but so is the salary of virtue, and at least the Evil get to go home early on Fridays." - Nanny Ogg, Terry Pratchet's Witches Abroad

Hooray for that.

Quote from: Jairus on September 27, 2008, 06:37:46 PM
Quote from: Damaris on September 27, 2008, 06:35:36 PM
Probably, but "God is dumb" is pretty funny. That sounds like something Nietzsche's brother would say.

Yes it is funny.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Dagardo on September 27, 2008, 06:39:20 PM

No actually he hasn't move once, he has talked (albeit very little) but not moved.

Heh... I was wondering if anyone would notice.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

silentassassin

Quote from: Jairus on September 27, 2008, 06:34:31 PM

"The wages of sin is death, but so is the salary of virtue, and at least the Evil get to go home early on Fridays." - Nanny Ogg, Terry Pratchet's Witches Abroad.

Not to mention we have some pretty wild parties. I remember one time xenomion got so drunk he fought kria and got his arm ripped.

Slowtini

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 27, 2008, 06:45:44 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on September 27, 2008, 06:39:20 PM

Heh... I was wondering if anyone would notice.
Seems like he was doing a Cornell impression...*hides*
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

RobbieThe1st

So, apparently Evil won, with $1115. Cute got $1089.99. However, that doesn't add up to $2734, what about the various other votes(or even just neutral)? Does that get added to even out things(I recall something about that)?  I am just wondering..

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Votes for "balance" get added to even things out. Votes for random other things, or "neutral", get put into the pot in the middle, which does nothing for either side.

Make sense?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dagardo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 28, 2008, 06:11:48 AM
Votes for "balance" get added to even things out. Votes for random other things, or "neutral", get put into the pot in the middle, which does nothing for either side.

Make sense?

You're saying people who voted for their favorites were to some extent wasting there money on said voting? Also this.

Pheonix-IV

Quote from: Dagardo on September 28, 2008, 06:34:43 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 28, 2008, 06:11:48 AM

Make sense?

You're saying people who voted for their favorites were to some extent wasting there money on said voting? Also this.

Yes. Votes for silly things or neutral aren't votes, they're donations, pure and simple.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dagardo on September 28, 2008, 06:34:43 AM

Money given to Amber is never wasted, but yes, pretty much.

I'll let you know what the youtube looks like on monday.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Exactly. There were people who just donated but didn't say where they wanted them to go. Those were neutral. Up until the donation war ended, they would have been allowed to "cast" that vote afterwards... but they didn't.

One person donated 50 buck to try for a tie, but by that point Evil had too much of a lead.

Alondro

I dun know how many dead people voted... but I'm sure there were quite a few Undead!

Evil will always triumph, cuz good is dumb- Dark Helmet.   :giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

Quote from: Alondro on September 28, 2008, 10:01:02 PM
Evil will always triumph, cuz good is dumb- Dark Helmet.   :giggle

I'm not sure that I would view Dark Helmet as the erudite wise man I would base my actions on.  In the end, he couldn't even steal an escape pod.

Besides when evil wins, they always rewrite the history books to show how they were the good ones.  Therefore, the history books indicate that good always wins, because the winners declare themselves good.  (I don't know.  Is that an evil thing to do?)

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

DarkAudit

I dun know how many dead people voted... but I'm sure there were quite a few Undead!
 :giggle

And the cubi are minions of the undead I know.

Elttil Hctib wants to renegotiate *his* contract.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Pheonix-IV

Quote from: DarkAudit on September 29, 2008, 12:37:08 AM

Wrong comic.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Pheonix-IV on September 29, 2008, 12:48:36 AM
Quote from: DarkAudit on September 29, 2008, 12:37:08 AM

Wrong comic.

Not at all.

I said the undead I know. He's one of them.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

silentassassin

Hmmmmm so this thread should just go ahead and die right? I mean the war's over and kinda pointless continuing whatever conversation. So ya it shoud just die here and now.

Damaris

Thank you for your decree, oh wise ruler of the forum.

wait...

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

Wow... I coulda sworn when I wrote the rules, I didn't write that...

Mao

Indeed.. and posting in a thread that should just go ahead and die helps it die, amirite?

Damaris

I've always thought it was a smashing idea, myself.

silentassassin

Well, I'm not ordering it to end just a suggestion. Don't overreact please.

Naldru

Old threads never die.  They just get more off-topic.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

silentassassin

Darkmoon

Quote from: Naldru on September 29, 2008, 10:30:49 PM

I was thinking of the time that weasels attacked the chocolate factory. They started an uprisng between the gummi bears and the gummi worms. Then Russia had to drop the atomic bomb on them. The town smelled like fruity carmel and death... well, what was left of it.

Jairus

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 29, 2008, 10:38:16 PM
Quote from: Naldru on September 29, 2008, 10:30:49 PM

I was thinking of the time that weasels attacked the chocolate factory. They started an uprisng between the gummi bears and the gummi worms. Then Russia had to drop the atomic bomb on them. The town smelled like fruity carmel and death... well, what was left of it.

... okay. But what happened to the chocolate factory? Were the gummi bears and the gummi worms the workers, or did the Chocolate Soldiers rise up from the ashes of devastation and conquer the world by uniting with the squirrels against the weasels?

Ghostwish

Two words.

Licorice sticks.