Victory Dance

Started by thegayhare, August 11, 2008, 10:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

YAY

*dances*

well about 3 weeks ago I wrenched my knee pretty badly.  And it's still a little painful.  So today I walked down to the docotors office to get it checked out (it's fine just needs some more time to heal)  But I got myself wieghed while I was down there.  I've dropped anouther 13 pounds...

*dances*

so that means I finaly hit the 100 pound mark

YAY

Mao

:erk  wait... you're not saying that you're 100lbs, are you?  Or are you saying you've lost 100lbs?  I'm confused.

Well.. grats on the weight loss I either way if you're happy about it. :)  Glad to hear you're recovering as well.

Jairus

Good job on the weight loss, and good luck with your knee. Also, the same question as Mowser.

Too bad about the knee: I've got ankle problems myself. Fortunately, it hasn't bothered me in a couple of months. And I've been losing a bit of weight too. Nothing that drastic, but a little bit at a time is better than a lot that you're going to gain back when you come down from your diet. I'm just altering my diet and walking more.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

thegayhare

LOL
no I mean I've dropped a hundred pounds.  I've got anouther hundred before I'll be at a comfy wieght.  and 50 more ontop of that till I hit my Ideal  but I'm gonna keep at it

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

Congratulations, TGH!  :3

*FF victory music*

Sunblink

Wow, congratulations, TGH! :) Losing weight is extremely hard, so it's really admirable that you've managed to lose such a large amount of weight.

I might have a slow thyroid, so weight loss sucks big time. :<

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd

Owch about the knee amgio but grand about the weight loss! I hope you keep it up and enjoy it soons

llearch n'n'daCorna

As a bonus, if you do a victory dance, it'll be even more effective at losing weight. ;-]

.. but how will we recognise our baker bunny if he's not padded?

VSMIT

He'll still be carrying out cookies?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Not for long, if they're up to his usual quality...

Jairus

How about if we get him to carry a bunch of carrots with him wherever he goes?

thegayhare

Well the apron and hat should help... as well as the ears and big feet...

*is flipping threw his newest cook bookee)

Mmmm 140 new chocolate recipies

Yugo

Congratulations TGH! Keep up the good work.  :eager
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Brunhidden

i am severely impressed- you lost another person pretty much.

lets just hope you can keep it all off with no real discomfort, and that your baked goods do not betray you.

i suggest you keep dancing, possibly purchase a home DDR set, its a great cardio. however to keep weight off for longer you will probably have to bite  a bullet and gain a few pounds of muscle- at first itll mess up your poundage record, but just having the muscle will burn calories, which will keep the weight down easier then cardio will

anyways, keep us posted for future health news
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Do some weightlifting? Find a younger sibling and start bench pressing them? ;-]

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 12, 2008, 09:46:01 AM
... Do some weightlifting? Find a younger sibling and start bench pressing them? ;-]

my younger sibling lives 5 states over

I've actualy got pretty strong muscles
My doctor says I'm strong as an ox underneath the fat. partialy because it's needd to haul my fat ass around but because I've always done alot of heavy lifting work.  I also wear 5lb wrist and ankle weights when walking or doing chores. 

I've been tempted to look into a DDR but I'm a clumsy oaf so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work out well. 

Brunhidden

hey, IVE done DDR and had fun- and when i danced at my wedding reception i almost injured three people doing the electric slide.

push ups, sit ups, and stairs is more then plenty to help- nice even distribution of large muscles to burn some calories. and yeah, heaver people do tend to have muscle, but not that you dont have the fat to put the strain on it you need to find some other strain, even if its occasional, to prevent it from atrophying to mush

ive seen my brother atrophy- he used to be into weightlifting and then got too busy to keep it up, he turned into a kind of.... well.... he has the head of a cabbage patch kid on the body of what looks like an unmade bed. it all USED to be muscle, but it has some weird transition to mush if you dont have at least occasional use. he could still rip off my arms and beat me with them, but as it stands i could run away before that.

Rakala

T.T Sorry to be the downer but I have gotten FAT!  The combination of doing little activity and my high school career. What happened in high school, at least a couple of years ago, I had difficulty getting my schedule together. In addition to doing poorly I didn't eat breakfast, didn't pack a lunch or bring money, so I ate a big dinner at the end of the day and went to sleep.

thegayhare

well I hope your all happy

Because my victory dance atracted a bee.  and not the cute sexy type like Ichabod.  This bee flew in my sleeve, then crawled out, then landed on my head and in my shirt.  I pulled my shirt off hopping to trap the bee inside (at the same time my pants fell down around my ankles... I'm loosing weight they are doing that more often)  still the bee pursued me.  as I ran around the car in my front yard swinging my shirt with my pants around my ankles... 

in the end I was still stung, on my right brest...

I blame it all on the dancing

Rakala

llearch n'n'daCorna

Rakala, was that really necessary?

VSMIT

Quote from: thegayhare on August 13, 2008, 02:37:03 PM
well I hope your all happy

Because my victory dance atracted a bee.  and not the cute sexy type like Ichabod.  This bee flew in my sleeve, then crawled out, then landed on my head and in my shirt.  I pulled my shirt off hopping to trap the bee inside (at the same time my pants fell down around my ankles... I'm loosing weight they are doing that more often)  still the bee pursued me.  as I ran around the car in my front yard swinging my shirt with my pants around my ankles... 

in the end I was still stung, on my right brest...

I blame it all on the dancing
And that, my friends, is why you do all of your victory dancing inside.

Rakala

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 13, 2008, 03:21:26 PM
Rakala, was that really necessary?

No. No it was not. I apologize. I feel bad for doing it now.

Kenji

Grats on losing more weight thar, pardner. But I know anyone who lives near you and eats your cookin will end up finding finding it wherever it may be...

Brunhidden

Quote from: thegayhare on August 13, 2008, 02:37:03 PM
(at the same time my pants fell down around my ankles... I'm loosing weight they are doing that more often)

been there, done that, got laughed at when it happened in front of my wife while we were still dating

belts are the best, and if your waist fluctuates get one of those woven ones, theres no set holes so it can reach as far as you shrink or grow

VSMIT

Or you could always take a drill to the belts with the set holes... ;)

Jairus

Quote from: Brunhidden on August 13, 2008, 06:25:50 PM
belts are the best, and if your waist fluctuates get one of those woven ones, theres no set holes so it can reach as far as you shrink or grow

Same trick I use... which is good because I just realized a few weeks ago that the shorts I wear most of the time are about three or four inches too large for me. It has been a very good spring and summer indeed.

thegayhare

I don't like belts... one reason is they are just so hard to find in my size. 

I prefure suspenders but even these are a pain in the butt since the metal bands on the adjustable straps can get caught on things and even tear what your sitting on.  plus I've misplaced my pair. 

Around the house I don't bother to wear them unless I know before hand I'll be doing any heavy lifting

Brunhidden

someday soon you can find belts that WILL fit you, and they're much more comfortable then suspenders

you need more congrats for loosing 100 pounds, ill see if i can do something cute for you

heh, and i felt proud for loosing a measly 15. kinda pathetic really